I want you to listen to a song

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
It is named "Pontiac" and is performed by Lyle Lovett. I don't have a recording of this jamm and I have only heard it maybe twice or three times in my life but I think it is important for you to hear.

This song, as much as I love it, haunts me and follows me wherever and whenever I am conscience.

Give it a good listen if you can find it. It is as much about the WAR ON TERROR as it is about any WAR at all.

Psychoblues

It is named "Pontiac" and is performed by Lyle Lovett. I don't have a recording of this jamm and I have only heard it maybe twice or three times in my life but I think it is important for you to hear.

This song, as much as I love it, haunts me and follows me wherever and whenever I am conscience.

Give it a good listen if you can find it. It is as much about the WAR ON TERROR as it is about any WAR at all.

Psychoblues
Be that as it may, it's still a song and will be moved to music.

Here's the lyrics of the song PB recommended:

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/lovett-lyle/pontiac-883.html
Artist/Band: Lovett Lyle
Lyrics for Song: Pontiac
Lyrics for Album: Pontiac
I park my pontiac
Down the hill out in back
Late every afternoon
With a coke and a cigarette
And all of the neighbors there
They see a nice old man

And the girl there across the street
She sits on her front porch swing
She never realized
What I told her with my eyes
How back in the second war
I killed twenty German boys
With my own bare hands

And the woman inside my house
She won't stop talking
She never says a thing
She just keeps talking
And I might just leave her still
After the sun goes down
And I smoke this cigarette

This is not a Hobby subject or a particular interest in music. This is a serious subject and a plea for otherwise simple minded folk to seriously think about WAR.

Psychoblues

Be that as it may, This is important in this insane “War On Terror” and I intend it to be shared with all that are inclined to be concerned with such. Why are you being so picky with me, Kathianne?

I have only heard it maybe twice or three times in my life but I think it is important for you to hear.

You have heard it 2 or 3 times and it haunts you whenever you are conscience? Whoa!! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back