I still have not filed our taxes

>

Just an FYI and something to think about in this age of identify theft. (I've had an attempted ID theft regarding a credit card, but this is different.)

Where my wife works as a significant number of employees. They have had a couple of instances were people waiting to file their tax returns in April were rejected by the IRS become someone else had already filed for a return and it took some extra work to get them filed.

Since then we've filed as soon as we get W-2's (typically mid January since we download our electronically instead of waiting for a January 31st mailing). So now the first couple of days in February are when ours get filed electronically. Theoretically since ours is the first one in, it makes it more difficult for someone to submit a fraudulent filing.

Just something else to consider.

>>>>

I'm sorry you have had 3.5 months to do this. Its very easy if you use turbo tax, and I file in mid Feb, after I receive my husbands 1099's.

Do it today!!!

>

Just an FYI and something to think about in this age of identify theft. (I've had an attempted ID theft regarding a credit card, but this is different.)

Where my wife works as a significant number of employees. They have had a couple of instances were people waiting to file their tax returns in April were rejected by the IRS become someone else had already filed for a return and it took some extra work to get them filed.

Since then we've filed as soon as we get W-2's (typically mid January since we download our electronically instead of waiting for a January 31st mailing). So now the first couple of days in February are when ours get filed electronically. Theoretically since ours is the first one in, it makes it more difficult for someone to submit a fraudulent filing.

>>>>
How do you import your W2 without knowing some of the information that appears on the W2 you need to enter into the tax program?

Every year, probably since I've been posting here....I'm panicked and scrambling on April 15th, to go through them one last time, making certain I didn't miss anything and that I did them correctly, with my heart racing, and hoping the dear lord makes certain we don't have a storm that knocks the power out!

:9-21:
Just file an extension, unless you owe it's okay..

>

>>>>
How do you import your W2 without knowing some of the information that appears on the W2 you need to enter into the tax program?
impossibru-guy.jpg

I am truly sorry, but the local news used to show the post office staying open till midnight on April 15th, and cars lined up before the internet E file.

Unless the major person for the family is suffering from an extreme illness or a family tradegty , there is no excuse for this.

I need to ask some of you , are you late for work as well. Just file an extension, for how long? How much longer does one need?

I did mine on the next to last day just like always...........

Tax Act ...............imports lasts years information.............follow the steps............

Hardest part is trying to find all the papers for the information...........what the hell did we do with it.........lol

Tax Act ...............imports lasts years information.............follow the steps............

Hardest part is trying to find all the papers for the information...........what the hell did we do with it.........lol

Use quicken. Neat is also a product for receipts. Products are no good unless they are used.

Last edited:

Use quicken.
I'm used to the other program....fairly easy to use......

Use quicken.
I'm used to the other program....fairly easy to use......

I added the Neat receipt program, great stuff.

First, W-2's are required to me snail mailed by January 31st, which means you will receive them a day or two later. However payroll departments will normally have the "generation" process done earlier.

In the case of my employer and my wife's. We both have two options for W-2 delivery: Paper or Electronic as a PDF download. Normally we can download the PDF around January 15th. For my employer if you opt for electronic delivery you receive your W-2 early. If you opt for Paper delivery it is mailed on the 31st, you can't download the PDF. Normally after March 1st the electronic download is turned on for anyone if a replacement is needed.

The early/limited delivery is used as an incentive to select the electronic delivery option because it saves us time and money by not having to print, stuff, and mail the paper copy. With electroinic delivery paper copies don't need to be generated at all.

>>>>

Filed mine on January 30! Already spent the refund.
If you got a refund you screwed yourself.
No. I retired last year and it was the last year I earned income by labor. Now I make my income as the 1% does. No labor, just investment income.
That's not the point. If they owe YOU money, that means they've had the use of it, making interest off of it, and you didn't. Better if you owe THEM. Then pay it right away (without interest) after you've made the interest and they didn't. Ah, never mind.
But you're taxed on that interest so they get theirs, too.
Muni bonds. Non taxable.

Why don't you just hire a CPA? Or a service? H&R Block or one of those? You pay a couple hundred dollars and you don't have the headaches.
Me and "turbo tax" are best friends! I can do them with my friend's help, I JUST HATE TO DO THEM! it's a psychological problem! :D

I thought you guys liked paying taxes.
I just hate doing them, and I still haven't filed them!!! :eek: it's YOUR fault!!!!

Every year, probably since I've been posting here....I'm panicked and scrambling on April 15th, to go through them one last time, making certain I didn't miss anything and that I did them correctly, with my heart racing, and hoping the dear lord makes certain we don't have a storm that knocks the power out!

:9-21:

Ha! Not only did I file my taxes two weeks ago, the IRS has already cashed my check.

Do you think they'd be that fast with a refund?

Why don't you just hire a CPA? Or a service? H&R Block or one of those? You pay a couple hundred dollars and you don't have the headaches.
Me and "turbo tax" are best friends! I can do them with my friend's help, I JUST HATE TO DO THEM! it's a psychological problem! :D

Or you can drop them off at the tax preparer booth at you local grocery store, buy groceries, then pick them up on your way out.

Forum List

Back