I need another dog...

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
So, we put my dog down on monday, which was pretty hard. I have been missing her a lot, she was a great dog, and I especially miss her when my son eats. She was right by his side the whole time he was eating, and I never had to clean up under his chair.
The last few days, I have been realizing how much she actually cleaned up after him. :lol:
I do know I am not ready for another dog, but I am thinking about getting a dust buster. Anyone know any good brands, or if those Roomba's work are worth it?

So, we put my dog down on monday, which was pretty hard. I have been missing her a lot, she was a great dog, and I especially miss her when my son eats. She was right by his side the whole time he was eating, and I never had to clean up under his chair.

The last few days, I have been realizing how much she actually cleaned up after him. :lol:
I do know I am not ready for another dog, but I am thinking about getting a dust buster. Anyone know any good brands, or if those Roomba's work are worth it?

Wait. Think about it. Grieve the loss of the one who just passed on.

I put my pup down a year and a half ago. No pup could ever replace him. Best thing
I did was avoid rushing into trying to replace him.

just my view

lottsa luck and my heart goes out to you and your family.

:cool:
dD

Luissa, I'm so sorry to hear you've lost a pet. You're talking tough but I know it's hard.

Maybe you can find a good dust buster at the local animal shelter.

My best to you and your son.

Luissa, I'm so sorry to hear you've lost a pet. You're talking tough but I know it's hard.

Trust me, I have been like a big baby with this. I just cried a little talking to my cat about it. :lol: My cat has seemed like she is lost all week, and hasn't gone out much, for one she doesn't have her guard dog.
I knew it would be hard, but never this hard.

Wait. Think about it. Grieve the loss of the one who just passed on.

I put my pup down a year and a half ago. No pup could ever replace him. Best thing
I did was avoid rushing into trying to replace him.

just my view

lottsa luck and my heart goes out to you and your family.

:cool:
dD

Don't think I am going to get another dog for awhile, I think I will invest in a dust buster or a small vacuum that is easy to take out real quick.

Sorry to hear about your Dog, Luissa. :(

I know what your going through.. I've lost a pup too when i was young.. Sadly, he was only 3 years old..

Then years later, I got another Westie and named him the same name.. (Dexter).. 2 years later we got another Westie.. 2 Best Dogs ever.. It's kinda like I haven't lost my old dog at all..

Last edited:
If I get another dog, it will be a shelter dog. For one we have good shelters here, and IMO you are less likely to get a dog with a parvo etc.

If I get another dog, it will be a shelter dog. For one we have good shelters here, and IMO you are less likely to get a dog with a parvo etc.
And IIRC, shelter dogs get their basic vaccinations (Parvo, Bordatella, Kennel Cough) as a matter of course there.

Some will also have spade/neutered the animal, and with large dogs, they often will tack the intestines at the same time as a spay, because that will prevent tortion and bloat. And while you're in there... may as well. It was one thing me and my ex were so happy about was that the Oshkosh, WI shelter did that to her. Another benefit of using the web, is you can search fast and they constantly update. Saves on gas. :)

I like going down there, I love to look at the puppies and kittens.
But the internet would be convient.

Trust me, I have been like a big baby with this. I just cried a little talking to my cat about it. :lol: My cat has seemed like she is lost all week, and hasn't gone out much, for one she doesn't have her guard dog.

all dogs go to heaven

My daughter's dog had to be put down last week. She called me at work the day before to tell me how sick the dog was, I couldn't stop crying either. I was in the office alone for the day thank goodness.

It really hurts, you get so attached..

I'm sorry about your doggy. :(

My sympathies on the loss of your dog.

Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy, or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is the way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.

Dean Koontz

this is national adoption week...hint hint....if you got room in your home and in your heart..think about adopting a homeless animal....there are fully trained adult pets out there...and the puppy breath ones...and then the kittens...the rosebuds of the animal garden...

We adopted this furball in February of '09.

n1449395048_30210936_3420.jpg

Now she's a freaking nut:

26274_1388502119797_1449395048_31032645_5592741_n.jpg

(with out other dog)

So sorry, Luissa. It's always hard to lose a firend, and "just because" it's an animal it makes it no easier. The hole they leave is just a different shape.

When you're ready, I know some lucky mutt will get a fantastic home. With plenty of treats, courtesy of little man! :)

this is national adoption week...hint hint....if you got room in your home and in your heart..think about adopting a homeless animal....there are fully trained adult pets out there...and the puppy breath ones...and then the kittens...the rosebuds of the animal garden...

What bones said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After our cat of almost 22 years died, mini echo and I were heartbroken. She and I went to our shelter and she picked out another kitten, not to replace Kiki Lou, but to help ease the pain. Now, that kitty is our joy! We laugh all the time just watching her chase things around the house (like our other cat, or a bottle cap). When we are out mini echo always says, "I miss little kitten" (her nickname for him)

I bet your son would love for you to adopt another doggie from the shelter too, just think, you could give a loving home to some caged up little doggie TODAY! :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back