I may depart the pattern soon.

Dick Foster

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2018
The People's Republic of the Californicated
reading and participating in this message board continues to be frustrating at best. Closing and opening sessions multiple times just to get through composing a single message is just too aggravating to continue bothering with. So if pushing ads that crash the session takes priority so be it but it can do so without me. I'll give one more week to fix this idiotic editor then I'm gone.

reading and participating in this message board continues to be frustrating at best. Closing and opening sessions multiple times just to get through composing a single message is just too aggravating to continue bothering with. So if pushing ads that crash the session takes priority so be it but it can do so without me. I'll give one more week to fix this idiotic editor then I'm gone.

Ad block plus

Use a browser that does not show ads...

Maybe, you need more random access memory. 4 gigabytes is not enough, anymore.
I'm using a small android tablet, not a PC. I've complained before about using the boards editor with a tablet. Its either me (it just hung up again) or they don't give a shit. Either way I've about had it with the aggravation.
I went without an ad blocker for years to the point that I hated the internet....one ad pop up after another...Ad Blocker is worth every penny...

I have always wondered why companies think they can gain customers by making their internet life miserable with endless pop up ads...and endless emails that you can't unsubscribe from...I don't get it...all they are doing is making potential customers angry....
I love My Pillow but after buying a couple of pillows I began getting 10 emails from them a day...at least they have a functioning unsubscribe tab....some companies do not...you unsubscribe and still get emails...

I have always wondered why companies think they can gain customers by making their internet life miserable with endless pop up ads...and endless emails that you can't unsubscribe from...I don't get it...all they are doing is making potential customers angry....
I love My Pillow but after buying a couple of pillows I began getting 10 emails from them a day...at least they have a functioning unsubscribe tab....some companies do not...you unsubscribe and still get emails...

I've been thinking, the unsubscribe tab only subscribes you to more stuff. I just block junk mail now, and then I go and erase them. I don't know if its true, but the last week I've been doing that.

Maybe, you need more random access memory. 4 gigabytes is not enough, anymore.
I'm using a small android tablet, not a PC. I've complained before about using the boards editor with a tablet. Its either me (it just hung up again) or they don't give a shit. Either way I've about had it with the aggravation.
I went without an ad blocker for years to the point that I hated the internet....one ad pop up after another...Ad Blocker is worth every penny...

Well, since I run three free ad blockers, I'd have to agree. Worth every penny...

It could just be
1607722355152.png
buy, buy, buy at Dollar General today!

not enough memory

You can get rid of the ads for about 7 cents a day or whatever 25/365 equals. It is a donation to keep this place going, and no more ads. Sorry ,I am not very good at math, but I have to leave here to get my cell phone's calculator working.

I hope you stick around, Mr. Foster. :thup:

I'm not experiencing any of that on my PC but on my IPhone it's a bit clunky.

Agree about that advertising bombardment. In my mind, it should drive business away not increase it. I relate to buying something and then the repercussions of that company selling your email or just giving it away who knows.

My own beef with that crap: rented a condo from instead of the norm of going with VRBO used a rental company. Soon after that my email was flooded daily from various real estate companies. So, I had no other choice but to include that lovely experience in my review about their unit and wrote "If you rent from X make sure to expect multiple, daily emails from various realty companies". Not sure they liked that kind of review but it was factual, and the ads soon stopped lol

you should sue someone for fraud.

I use the forum on Google through my Android Smartphone. In settings, it says ads are blocked on some sites. This forum works ad free for me.

Forum List

Back