I honestly want to know. Why do some of you intelligent, thoughtful and logical people support Biden?

Sounds like you don't know what reality is. You can't say that higher prices are not because we went from a pro-energy President to an anti-energy President. Of course presidential policies play into the price of energy.

The first thing Dementia did was stop the Keystone from being built. Next he halted all new oil exploration and drilling on public land which is where we get about 25% of our energy from. Since he could not stop current contracts or drilling, he created multiple regulations on energy extraction that made it impossible for companies to do it as cheap as they did it under President Trump. He even made the statement that the Russians hacking our largest gasoline pipeline had nothing to do with the federal government; it's a private company problem.

I spent several years trading contracts in the commodities market. I know how that animal works. It's the market that sets the prices for fuel here and around the world. That's why speculators started to buy long contracts as soon as Dementia invaded the White House. Too much money on the table to pass up such an opportunity.
Then you must have been a lousy trader if you think Presidents have a substantial effect on oil prices. BTW, Biden knows that it's time to get away from fossil fuels but it was those in the pockets of big oil and gas who killed every initiative. And he also realizes that efforts to expand drilling on areas like ANWAR and other sensitive areas are also wrong. The price at the pumps was and has been effected by US gas usage. Covid forced many into their homes and many restricted driving and others began the movement to work from home. The drop in demand was the major factor in US prices. Lately as people do more driving and go back to works etc, demand is up and so gas prices are on the rise. So Mr. trader, refinery capacity, OPEC, and normal market forces are primarily responsible for prices at the pump. And our prices are directly effected by USAGE!! And US prices are unique to our situation and the lowered demand worldwide. The gas has been here but we just weren't using it.

Last edited:
Then you must have been a lousy trader if you think Presidents have a substantial effect on oil prices. BTW, Biden knows that it's time to get away from fossil fuels but it was those in the pockets of big oil and gas who killed every initiative. And he also realizes that efforts to expand drilling on areas like ANWAR and other sensitive areas are also wrong. The price at the pumps was and has been effected by US gas usage. Covid forced many into their homes and many restricted driving and others began the movement to work from home. The drop in demand was the major factor in US prices. Lately as people do more driving and go back to works etc, demand is up and so gas prices are on the rise. So Mr. trader, refinery capacity, OPEC, and normal market forces are primarily responsible for prices at the pump.

Then I take it that closing the Keystone pipeline, suspending exploration, offshore drilling and ANWAR didn't have any effect on gas prices. Glad we cleared that up.

Sounds like you don't know what reality is. You can't say that higher prices are not because we went from a pro-energy President to an anti-energy President. Of course presidential policies play into the price of energy.

The first thing Dementia did was stop the Keystone from being built. Next he halted all new oil exploration and drilling on public land which is where we get about 25% of our energy from. Since he could not stop current contracts or drilling, he created multiple regulations on energy extraction that made it impossible for companies to do it as cheap as they did it under President Trump. He even made the statement that the Russians hacking our largest gasoline pipeline had nothing to do with the federal government; it's a private company problem.

I spent several years trading contracts in the commodities market. I know how that animal works. It's the market that sets the prices for fuel here and around the world. That's why speculators started to buy long contracts as soon as Dementia invaded the White House. Too much money on the table to pass up such an opportunity.
Biden did the right thing by protecting the environment from unmitigated polluting. And if you think that the Keystone pipeline would have resulted in lower prices at the pump here in the US, you're delusional. It was the brainchild of the Koch Brothers who were looking to make a killing. Right from the get go the estimates for completion and costs skyrocketed. The Koch Bros. have Never been on the side of giving anyone a break. They are greedy assholes. And much of the oil and gas would have been sold to overseas markets. (look it up) A lot of the Crude oil would have been refined in Texas to be sold through the NY mercantile exchange and not at a discount to anyone. Our dependence would have simply been shifted from OPEC and others to Trans Canadian corp and the Koch Bros. Also, tar sand crude is low grade and is 17% more polluting in the form of greenhouse gases than conventional methods of extraction. The project also showed itself to be a veritable spill machine and would have crossed many sensitive lands and waterways. It would have also crossed Indian reservations and would have required massive stealing of farmlands and personal property by Eminent Domain. Whether you agree or not, we dodged a bitter bullet by shutting that disaster down. Capitalists are not in the business of helping average Americans.

Biden did the right thing by protecting the environment from unmitigated polluting. And if you think that the Keystone pipeline would have resulted in lower prices at the pump here in the US, you're delusional. It was the brainchild of the Koch Brothers who were looking to make a killing. Right from the get go the estimates for completion and costs skyrocketed. The Koch Bros. have Never been on the side of giving anyone a break. They are greedy assholes. And much of the oil and gas would have been sold to overseas markets. (look it up) A lot of the Crude oil would have been refined in Texas to be sold through the NY mercantile exchange and not at a discount to anyone. Our dependence would have simply been shifted from OPEC and others to Trans Canadian corp and the Koch Bros. Also, tar sand crude is low grade and is 17% more polluting in the form of greenhouse gases than conventional methods of extraction. The project also showed itself to be a veritable spill machine and would have crossed many sensitive lands and waterways. It would have also crossed Indian reservations and would have required massive stealing of farmlands and personal property by Eminent Domain. Whether you agree or not, we dodged a bitter bullet by shutting that disaster down. Capitalists are not in the business of helping average Americans.

So how is your greener environment going to play out when a Russian nuke drops on your house? With all the oil we now rely on from Russia, do you think that's making your environment any better? Very few countries process their fuel cleaner than the United States.

As for the Keystone oil is still crossing the US in trains and trucks. So what happens to the environment when a train derails or a truck has a major spill?

Yes, the US was going to get Canadian fuel; 25% of what we hauled to the Gulf would have been used in the United States.

More than that thousands of great paying jobs would have been produced at the same time. But oh, don't let that evil Kotch make any money off the Keystone.

I truly would like to understand your thinking.
I have no argument with you regarding Trump being a braggart. A loud mouth. All those adjectives you come up with. But in my 60 years of working with bosses, the few that accomplished anything, i.e. got things done were like Trump! And Trump in 3 years because COVID devoured almost all of 2020 news, lives, etc. got things done!
Attached is a list of things Obama wanted and Biden wanted and some are happening now.
So I'm asking those few of you that look beyond the peccadilloes of Trump. Beyond his bragging, etc. and tell me how has Biden with 47 years of political experiences helped the country?
1) Look at today's gas prices: A year ago nationally $2.152... Today nationally $3.321 a $1.169 increase on 54%!

View attachment 553451
Why? look at the attached chart: Obama stopped for all purposes signing and Trump was increasing!
And these are just two charts showing the affect of Obama/Biden on our economy after Trump had done something that hadn't been done for 62 years by other presidents!
The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957
So gas prices affect EVERYONE here but the attached sheet shows MORE ways Obama now Biden want to shut down our economy!
Why would any president want companies to go bankrupt? Obama did.
Why would any president want 500,000 people let go from 1,400 companies that pay $100 billion a year in taxes?
Why would any president want 34 million barrels of oil per month floating on the open ocean?
Truly those of you that I mentioned earlier that have some intelligence. Can't you look beyond the petty foibles of Trump and see HE GOT THINGS done in just 3 years! And by the way... some of you that are vaccinated... it was Trump's Operation Warp speed that got the FDA going to start in late 2020 vaccinations. Totally done by Trump!
View attachment 553453

View attachment 553454
I support Biden because I actually think he has done a pretty good job. I wouldn't blame high gas prices on him, that just was inevitable to happen when Russia attacked Ukraine and every European country decides to put sanctions on Russia.

Then you must have been a lousy trader if you think Presidents have a substantial effect on oil prices. BTW, Biden knows that it's time to get away from fossil fuels but it was those in the pockets of big oil and gas who killed every initiative. And he also realizes that efforts to expand drilling on areas like ANWAR and other sensitive areas are also wrong. The price at the pumps was and has been effected by US gas usage. Covid forced many into their homes and many restricted driving and others began the movement to work from home. The drop in demand was the major factor in US prices. Lately as people do more driving and go back to works etc, demand is up and so gas prices are on the rise. So Mr. trader, refinery capacity, OPEC, and normal market forces are primarily responsible for prices at the pump. And our prices are directly effected by USAGE!! And US prices are unique to our situation and the lowered demand worldwide. The gas has been here but we just weren't using it.

Bullshit. Under President Trump we lived in the best economy in 50 years. Before covid we had a million more jobs than Americans who could actually work them. Unemployment hit record lows for women and every minority group since records were kept. And amid all that fantastic economic activity, gasoline never hit $3.00 a gallon on the national level. How could that be? Because of presidential policies.

Now that we are producing less energy, Americans are paying out of the ass for it and the environment no better than it was five years ago. Gasoline is over $5.00 a gallon in some places in California, and what do you think is going to happen if Russia retaliates against any US sanctions? I'll give you a hint: We import between 12 and 28 million barrels of Russian oil every single month.

So tell us, do you own a car? Do you use public transportation to get everywhere? How much did you pay for those solar panels on your house? How about that windmill in your backyard?

If you want to go green, fine with me, just don't force the rest of us to do it. But the US has been focusing on the environment for over 50 years, and you people are more angry today than you were 50 years ago. Green is a bottomless money pit, and all the money in the country........in the world will never fill it.

I support Biden because I actually think he has done a pretty good job. I wouldn't blame high gas prices on him, that just was inevitable to happen when Russia attacked Ukraine and every European country decides to put sanctions on Russia.
Gas prices were higher well before any attack on Ukraine was even being talked about.

Gas prices are absolutely the fault of this administration and its policies IMO. But I respect your opinion. You definitely dont seem like the typical Trump hater on this board.

:up:

I really dont know how you can think hes done a good job though. On what exactly? I think hes been a disaster every step of the way and his poll numbers show that.

The first thing Dementia did was stop the Keystone from being built. Next he halted all new oil exploration and drilling on public land which is where we get about 25% of our energy from. Since he could not stop current contracts or drilling, he created multiple regulations on energy extraction that made it impossible for companies to do it as cheap as they did it under President Trump.

Keystone was already up and running. The permit for the XL extension was revoked. He did nothing to stop any new exploration. Leases were over sold for the past few year and the industry has plenty of exploration space. Of course he didn't stop any active drilling and only paused the drilling permits and now new drilling permits are flying out faster than during Trumps first year. The regulations are at bthe Obama levels that Trump relaxed. US oil production steadily increased under those regulations as well. The cheaper operating cost increase profit for the companies, they did not equate to a drop in price at the pump for consumers.

Then I take it that closing the Keystone pipeline, suspending exploration, offshore drilling and ANWAR didn't have any effect on gas prices. Glad we cleared that up.
That is some funny shit. Keystone is not closed. The president didn't suspend exploration, or offshore drilling. There is no oil coming out of ANWR. However if he had done those first three thing, (he doesn't have the power) it would.

Keystone was already up and running. The permit for the XL extension was revoked. He did nothing to stop any new exploration. Leases were over sold for the past few year and the industry has plenty of exploration space. Of course he didn't stop any active drilling and only paused the drilling permits and now new drilling permits are flying out faster than during Trumps first year. The regulations are at bthe Obama levels that Trump relaxed. US oil production steadily increased under those regulations as well. The cheaper operating cost increase profit for the companies, they did not equate to a drop in price at the pump for consumers.
So you believe the oil refinery pricing planners are eleemosynary?
These planners will find ANY excuse to raise prices and when demand is greater than supply?
So when Biden STOPPED On Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters on January 27, 2021,
on land that provides 25% of domestic gas production, FACT: 25% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
25% of US oil comes from Federal lands.
Biden moratorium stops exploration on federal lands!
So these gas production planners say hey take away access to 25% of our product means:
1) less future gas production from land that produces 25%
2) MEANS higher prices on private lands that are raising their RATES because Federal land not in play.
3) Means planners are justified to raise their prices and gas stations MUST raise their prices meaning this:
But you are paying the price...gas under Trump 4/27/20 gallon gas price of : $1.773
Gas under Biden who CANCELLED exploration on Federal lands as of 02/26/22 gallon of gas: $3.601
A difference $1.828 or 103.1% increase!
And you are paying for it!
So do not be ignorant of the FACTS...Biden stopped the exploration on land that produces 25% of our gas and
he did that just 7 days from inauguration. WHY?

Trump was worse than a braggart and loudmouth

He was an inept leader who was too proud to admit he was wrong and too anti-intellectual to learn the critical issues and listen to advice of others

His worst quality was his disdain for the truth and willingness to create false narratives
You knew they'd quickly change the topic off Biden. FAST!

Biden moratorium stops exploration on federal lands!
The industry has more leases than ever before and there is no moratorium on new exploration
So when Biden STOPPED On Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters
It had no effect on current leases or current projects. They did pause new drilling permits but that was the first to go.
But you are paying the price...gas under Trump 4/27/20 gallon gas price of : $1.773
Wasn't April 2020 the month oil sold for a negative dollar amount.
Gas under Biden who CANCELLED exploration on Federal lands as of 02/26/22 gallon of gas: $3.601
Some things never change. The GOP bragged about gas prices during the middle of the recession as if it was a good thing for Bush too.

Bullshit. Under President Trump we lived in the best economy in 50 years. Before covid we had a million more jobs than Americans who could actually work them. Unemployment hit record lows for women and every minority group since records were kept. And amid all that fantastic economic activity, gasoline never hit $3.00 a gallon on the national level. How could that be? Because of presidential policies.

Now that we are producing less energy, Americans are paying out of the ass for it and the environment no better than it was five years ago. Gasoline is over $5.00 a gallon in some places in California, and what do you think is going to happen if Russia retaliates against any US sanctions? I'll give you a hint: We import between 12 and 28 million barrels of Russian oil every single month.

So tell us, do you own a car? Do you use public transportation to get everywhere? How much did you pay for those solar panels on your house? How about that windmill in your backyard?

If you want to go green, fine with me, just don't force the rest of us to do it. But the US has been focusing on the environment for over 50 years, and you people are more angry today than you were 50 years ago. Green is a bottomless money pit, and all the money in the country........in the world will never fill it.
Best economy in 50 years? More BS. Why would you say that if not that you just parrot what the most dishonest president in history said. Best economy? For whom? And I already told you why the prices at the pump fluctuated under covid. You just want to be right despite being dead wrong.

Of course they did. What makes you think that oil companies don't compete against each other like any other business?

What most people don't understand about energy is that oil companies don't set the price. If they did, they could have been charging $10.00 a gallon for generations. The price is set in the commodities market. It works very similar to e-bay except you are buying product contracts instead of the actual product itself.

Oil is not a poor mans game. If you own an oil contract, every time the price of a barrel changes by one dollar, you make (or lose) $1,000 dollars. That means if you controlled an oil contract since the beginning of this year, you would have made over $25,000 on that one contract. Ten contracts, you would have made a quarter mil.

In any case the market moves quickly. You can make a ton of money or lose a ton of money in hours. So when you see us lose a pro-energy President and replace him with an anti-energy President, how would you invest your money if you were in the oil market?

Dementia did more than talk the talk, he walked the walk. His energy policies have been against lower prices and supply since he entered the White House. True, he can't do anything about contracts or drilling signed under President Trump, but wells don't last forever. They need to be replaced when they run dry.

You only have to read the headlines (not the actual article since it's self explanatory):

November of 2019:

Making History: U.S. Exports More Petroleum Than It Imports In September and October​

In December of last year:

U.S. petroleum exports slightly ahead of imports in first half of 2021​

This is just a week ago:

EIA expects US petroleum trade to shift toward net imports during 2022

Seeing a trend here?

Best economy in 50 years? More BS. Why would you say that if not that you just parrot what the most dishonest president in history said. Best economy? For whom? And I already told you why the prices at the pump fluctuated under covid. You just want to be right despite being dead wrong.

No, it's because I know so much more about the subject than you do.

Yes, best economy in 50 years. Before covid hit we had a million more jobs than Americans who could do them. Can you tell me the last time we had an economy like that? I'm 61 years old now and I don't ever recall that in my life. Under Trump new stock market highs, the lowest unemployment for women and every minority group since records were kept, a new high in median household income.

So how is your greener environment going to play out when a Russian nuke drops on your house? With all the oil we now rely on from Russia, do you think that's making your environment any better? Very few countries process their fuel cleaner than the United States.

As for the Keystone oil is still crossing the US in trains and trucks. So what happens to the environment when a train derails or a truck has a major spill?

Yes, the US was going to get Canadian fuel; 25% of what we hauled to the Gulf would have been used in the United States.

More than that thousands of great paying jobs would have been produced at the same time. But oh, don't let that evil Kotch make any money off the Keystone.

Okay this is just silly time. Educate yourself beyond the words of a sick orange fool. A Russian Nuke lands on my house because the Koch Bros aren't getting what they want? It's past the time for new thinking and new energy policy. It's better for people and it's better for the environment. I suppose you'll tell us about windmills and cancer causing noises emitting from them. How about those poor dead birds under them? LOL You are about as indoctrinated as I've ever seen. Good luck with that!

Last edited:
Of course they did. What makes you think that oil companies don't compete against each other like any other business?

What most people don't understand about energy is that oil companies don't set the price. If they did, they could have been charging $10.00 a gallon for generations. The price is set in the commodities market. It works very similar to e-bay except you are buying product contracts instead of the actual product itself.

Oil is not a poor mans game. If you own an oil contract, every time the price of a barrel changes by one dollar, you make (or lose) $1,000 dollars. That means if you controlled an oil contract since the beginning of this year, you would have made over $25,000 on that one contract. Ten contracts, you would have made a quarter mil.

In any case the market moves quickly. You can make a ton of money or lose a ton of money in hours. So when you see us lose a pro-energy President and replace him with an anti-energy President, how would you invest your money if you were in the oil market?

Dementia did more than talk the talk, he walked the walk. His energy policies have been against lower prices and supply since he entered the White House. True, he can't do anything about contracts or drilling signed under President Trump, but wells don't last forever. They need to be replaced when they run dry.

You only have to read the headlines (not the actual article since it's self explanatory):

November of 2019:

Making History: U.S. Exports More Petroleum Than It Imports In September and October​

In December of last year:

U.S. petroleum exports slightly ahead of imports in first half of 2021​

This is just a week ago:

EIA expects US petroleum trade to shift toward net imports during 2022

Seeing a trend here?

Okay this is just silly time. Educate yourself beyond the words of a sick orange fool. A Russian Nuke lands on my house because the Koch Bros aren't getting what they want? It's past the time for new thinking and new energy policy. It's better for people and it's better for the environment. I suppose you'll tell us about windmills and cancer causing noises emitting from them. How about those poor dead birds under them? LOL You are about as indoctrinated as I've every seen. Good luck with that!

No, a nuke landing on your head because we no longer have lower fuel prices to use as leverage against Putin's plans. Had we remained the worlds exporter in energy, we could have buried the market in oil bringing the price to it's lowest level in a long time. That means Putin's oil would be worth much less. Furthermore if we apply any major sanctions on Russia, they will cut our oil supply and that puts us in a recession that could last God knows how many years.

Since we have no financial leverage against Putin, he's assuming our only other alternative to his actions are military. If we have to resort to that, better keep your eye in the sky.

Forum List

Back