I got a rainbow trout today in the Jamaica Pond any good recipes?

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know how to clean it but how should I eat it? Thanks

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The best way I found to cook fresh caught trout was to get a forked stick, put the trout on it, and roast it over an open campfire until the skin crisps.

OP
Jitss617

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cleaned it fine but I fucked up
The Fillet , now I’m just going to close, season it, put some lemon inside and bake

Likkmee

Gold Member
Reaction score
You make a tent. 11 x 9 rect cookie sheet. Foil the bottom, skin down.Plaster the meat with some REAL mayo and a shot of sage and chives. Put the top on the "tent" loose so it doesn't touch the meat/mayo. 375 for 20 min. Squeeze a a shot of lime over it and eat'em up. Make a twiced baked tater or some cheesy mashed as the side. Don't play with trout. Eat it piping hot. I grow rainbow. Got a couple thousand. Trout in the tent was a campfire trick that works as good in the oven
trout.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Jitss617

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You make a tent. 11 x 9 rect cookie sheet. Foil the bottom, skin down.Plaster the meat with some REAL mayo and a shot of sage and chives. Put the top on the "tent" loose so it doesn't touch the meat/mayo. 375 for 20 min. Squeeze a a shot of lime over it and eat'em up. Make a twiced baked tater or some cheesy mashed as the side. Don't play with trout. Eat it piping hot. I grow rainbow. Got a couple thousand. Trout in the tent was a campfire trick that works as good in the oven
View attachment 333354
Damn I think I know what your mean.. but what’s a tent in terms of cooking? Skin is on, and you MAYO? Then bake!? Interesting

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dredged in flour...salt, pepper and pan fried in butter or bacon grease.

I pan fry 'em right on the riverbank.

Last edited:

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
simple but great...

put fresh corn off the cob inside the trout....after cleaning....then pour a good white wine over corn and close....cook bake
View attachment 333354
Going to try both of these. :thup:

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Butter, lemon, garlic salt & pepper..and grill it.

Yeahh, rainbow is freshwater.

That's good stuff. Saltwater trout is real fishy. Fry that stuff.

Last edited:

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List