I got a rainbow trout today in the Jamaica Pond any good recipes?

I cleaned it fine but I fucked up
The Fillet , now I’m just going to close, season it, put some lemon inside and bake

You can grill it! add lemon, salt, pepper....then after, put a little dijonnaise on top ...yum!

1588894464065.png

You make a tent. 11 x 9 rect cookie sheet. Foil the bottom, skin down.Plaster the meat with some REAL mayo and a shot of sage and chives. Put the top on the "tent" loose so it doesn't touch the meat/mayo. 375 for 20 min. Squeeze a a shot of lime over it and eat'em up. Make a twiced baked tater or some cheesy mashed as the side. Don't play with trout. Eat it piping hot. I grow rainbow. Got a couple thousand. Trout in the tent was a campfire trick that works as good in the oven
trout.JPG

Last edited:
You make a tent. 11 x 9 rect cookie sheet. Foil the bottom, skin down.Plaster the meat with some REAL mayo and a shot of sage and chives. Put the top on the "tent" loose so it doesn't touch the meat/mayo. 375 for 20 min. Squeeze a a shot of lime over it and eat'em up. Make a twiced baked tater or some cheesy mashed as the side. Don't play with trout. Eat it piping hot. I grow rainbow. Got a couple thousand. Trout in the tent was a campfire trick that works as good in the oven
View attachment 333354
Damn I think I know what your mean.. but what’s a tent in terms of cooking? Skin is on, and you MAYO? Then bake!? Interesting

Dredged in flour...salt, pepper and pan fried in butter or bacon grease.

I pan fry 'em right on the riverbank.

Last edited:
simple but great...

put fresh corn off the cob inside the trout....after cleaning....then pour a good white wine over corn and close....cook bake
View attachment 333354
Going to try both of these. :thup:

I know how to clean it but how should I eat it? Thanks
A bit of butter, wrapped in tin foil, cooked over the barbeque.
Flaked onto white bread.
As with all fish...DO NOT OVERCOOK!

Butter, lemon, garlic salt & pepper..and grill it.

Yeahh, rainbow is freshwater.

That's good stuff. Saltwater trout is real fishy. Fry that stuff.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back