I Finally Got Windows 11

It was fine until everything around it kept changing and MS and software developers stopped supporting it.
Microsoft just did an update that shows you memories from the cloud.
It flashes the contents of your hard drive sort of like Facebook shows old memories.
It's pretty unsettling....it's like Big Brother is watching you.

I have a pretty powerful Win XP 64 machine at the office.
8 GB Ram, 2 HDs etc.
If I could pick up a solid older video card it would make a great gamer for old games.
One of these days I might do that.
I love me some Red Alert Yuris Revenge and the HALO Bungee web release.

Microsoft just did an update that shows you memories from the cloud.
It flashes the contents of your hard drive sort of like Facebook shows old memories.
It's pretty unsettling....it's like Big Brother is watching you.
You can skip cloud setup. And should.
Otherwise, whether you say so or not, it routinely copies everything on your desktop, and these folders:
Downloads
Documents
Pictures
Videos
And also temporary internet files.

Indeed Big Brother is watching

The thing to remember with Microsoft WIndows - you do not own your "computer".
You may own the device, but nothing that runs on it. Nothing.
Microsoft Windows is a EULA product. End User License Agreement.
When you click that little OK button followed by pages and pages of small print... you agree that your use of THEIR opertaing system gives them the right to completely copy anything and everything you do.
Everything.
And they do.
Just look at your computers internet activity in logs when you don't use it. You will see data being sent from your computer to - God knows who.

When you click that little OK button followed by pages and pages of small print... you agree that your use of THEIR opertaing system gives them the right to completely copy anything and everything you do.
Everything.
And they do.
Just look at your computers internet activity in logs when you don't use it. You will see data being sent from your computer to - God knows who.
I discovered that the first time all of my factory installed subscriptions expired a year after I bought my PC.

Everything.
And they do.

I hope they puke on their shoes when they see my data. You should see some of the stuff I'm into.

Or maybe you shouldn't. :laughing0301:

I have already done so on my laptop [Eluktronics max 17 with 64 GB of ram - killer laptop] and am about to finally reboot my desktop [128 GB of ram, more SSD than what most thought was natural, more cores than what most have ever seen].

Not a whole lot of change to be honest. Works just as well with my big apps as Windows 10. Will have to talk my wife into the changes but that will take time.

My pc keeps bugging me about "upgrading" to Win 11.

Hell, Win XP was perfect.........everything before AND after are downgrades.

It'll be at least next year before I install Win 11. They've fucked it all up so badly, it doesn't matter anymore.

My pc keeps bugging me about "upgrading" to Win 11.

Hell, Win XP was perfect.........everything before AND after are downgrades.

It'll be at least next year before I install Win 11. They've fucked it all up so badly, it doesn't matter anymore.
Windows 2000 was the best OS Microsoft has ever made. A lesser known OS targeted towards businesses.
Still to this day it is considered by many the best OS by M$ in it's history.

And I'm not really noticing much of a difference,.. so far at least which is a good thing because at least it didn't mess up anything on my computer.
I got my first taste of Win11 about 3 weeks ago. I decided I would set up one of those mini PCs as a retro gaming console. I ordered one that was supposed to come with Win 10. A couple of minutes into the initial startup when I turned it on for the first time, I knew something was different as I had gotten a new laptop about 6 months ago with Win 10.

When the setup completed on the mini, I was in a panic - where the hell was the Start button? It wasn't in the lower left corner where it was supposed be. Oh, there it is - in the center of the taskbar. Of course, it was - why not? With the exception of the massively F upped Win 8, it's been in the same place since Win 95. And what a surprise when I clicked on it - a window pops up in the middle of the screen with some "pinned apps". Great - where's my installed programs? Wait, I need to click another "all apps" button to access that. What a great feature - my program list splashed in the center of the screen.

Other stuff has been moved around and the old Notification panel has been changed so that that group of boxes for Project and other functions are no longer there. Why not? MS seems to just not understand that Windows has long ago not been "cool". People just want consistency. You would think after Win 8 and the tile debacle, they would have learned some things. But nooooooo, they keep wanting to futz around and move stuff and change stuff that doesn't need changing.

I do remember when Win 10 was released, MS said that it would be the last version of Windows - it would be an "evolving" platform. But, here's Win 11 and I'm just having a ball trying to find stuff I use.

Yeah, I'm a little pissed.

Cheers

Yeah,.. I've already started noticing some changes but I'm getting used to it.

Microsoft Edge in Win 11 still tracks your internet activity even if you use DuckDuckGo.
And with Dell Computers, the default install only allows you to use Edge.

Forum List

Back