I Finally Got Windows 11

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
And I'm not really noticing much of a difference,.. so far at least which is a good thing because at least it didn't mess up anything on my computer.

And I'm not really noticing much of a difference,.. so far at least which is a good thing because at least it didn't mess up anything on my computer.
The differences are primarily inside and not readily noticeable unless you know what you're looking for. Some functions have been added or removed but for all intent and purposes it's really just an upgraded version of Windows 10. Calling it Windows 11 is mostly a marketing gimmick for "new and improved".

What do you mean by that?
Windows 10 is always messing with stuff on mine. Nothing is ever like they say when you look for help. Keeps changing stuff. Lost some files last time. Oh well, worst os ever.

Unsolicited advertisements on Windows 11, thanks Microsoft. Bill Gates is a buffoon.

When it transforms into Megatron? :dunno:

Well maybe a Minitron.

1642884369864.png

Windows 7 was the last good windows, it's just true.
Win 8 was, as everyone knows, terrible.
Win 10 + is geared more as an information gathering machine so M$ can make money selling what you do to advertisers.
They can and do copy anything and everything off your computer they want, it says right there in the license agreement you click yes to when installing. Including pictures/emails/internet activity/applications and how often you use them.

Win 10 + is geared more as an information gathering machine so M$ can make money selling what you do to advertisers.
They can and do copy anything and everything off your computer they want, it says right there in the license agreement you click yes to when installing. Including pictures/emails/internet activity/applications and how often you use them.
Windows 7 was the apex of Microsoft technology and why Bill Gates retired. It's been over two years since Microsoft stopped supporting it. Direct access to BIOS.

Last edited:

I was still using XP until last Spring. It got so nothing ran anymore and kept locking up. So I bit the bullet and got an HP notebook with Win10, connected a full-sized monitor to it with an HDMI cable, and used a mouse and wireless KB.

You're right about Win10 being information gathering. I've had to shut much of that shit off.

I was still using XP until last Spring. It got so nothing ran anymore and kept locking up. So I bit the bullet and got an HP notebook with Win10, connected a full-sized monitor to it with an HDMI cable, and used a mouse and wireless KB.

You're right about Win10 being information gathering. I've had to shut much of that shit off.
Hate to tell you, but after recent updates in Win 10 - you can't turn off the telemetry and spyware.
It turns itself right back on.

The pie factory used XP. What a disappointment. We had to cart another computer around to make it work.

And W10 does not have dvd player built in. I miss my win7.

They are always trying to fix what ain't broke.:talktothehand:

The pie factory used XP. What a disappointment. We had to cart another computer around to make it work.

It was fine until everything around it kept changing and MS and software developers stopped supporting it.

Forum List

Back