I don't get boxing....

I'd love to see the McGregor/May weather fight, but I'll be damned if I'll pay a hunnert bucks for it.
I hope McGregor beats the black off him.
I also hope McGregor wins... but for different reasons.

Last edited:
I like watching old matches boxing on the net. If lots of pounding punches is what you prefer, there are hours upon hours of these kinds of matches. Even when you know in advance who the winner will be it is amazing to watch the coordination of fighters while they are being beaten with hits and punches that would knock out the average person instantly. Other viewers may enjoy footwork or strategies. You just have to find a style or type of fighting that entertains you as a sporting event.
Here's the short list of old fights with lots of punches...

Thrilla in Manilla
Ali vs Foreman
Duran Leonard I
Cassius Clay vs Sonny Liston I
Foreman vs Frazier
Marciano Walcott I
Marciano Ezzard Charles
Jake LaMotta vs Sugar Ray Robinson
Hagler Hearns
Hearns Leonard II​

This will be an interesting fight.

Mayweather is older and has years of experience in boxing.
McGregor is younger and will be fighting under different rules.
Both are in good shape.

I watch boxing for one thing... that rare fighter who as a mastery of the Sweet Science to such a degree that watching him fight is like watching art in motion. Sadly, those are few and far between...

..I'm not anti violence either. In fact, my problem with boxing is there is not enough punching. It's frustrating waiting for a decent punch, and half the time they are hugging each other. What a bore!
As boring sports go, there's golf. I like golf. Ok, Bowling. I am actual good at bowling. Um, Cricket? Actually, it beats baseball. Then there is curling. As esoteric as it comes, even that has merit. But watching two people beat the crap out of each other is sickening. It's a blood sport. A vestige of the bread and circuses . Like bull, dog or cock fighting.We need to see blood, suffering and pain too make us feel alive?

..I'm not anti violence either. In fact, my problem with boxing is there is not enough punching. It's frustrating waiting for a decent punch, and half the time they are hugging each other. What a bore!
Boxing stopped.being worth a damn once they started using gloves.

As boring sports go, there's golf. I like golf. Ok, Bowling. I am actual good at bowling. Um, Cricket? Actually, it beats baseball. Then there is curling. As esoteric as it comes, even that has merit. But watching two people beat the crap out of each other is sickening. It's a blood sport. A vestige of the bread and circuses . Like bull, dog or cock fighting.We need to see blood, suffering and pain too make us feel alive?
Isn't it great to live in a country that allows a variety of entertainment? :)

Good. You're not supposed to get boxing. It's a guy thing.

Good. You're not supposed to get boxing. It's a guy thing.
You'll get no argument from me, I'm anti-feminist

I like boxing and UFC fights.
I love racing and took second in my first ever at the hillbilly bump and run races! I'm so excited! Those guys are maniacs, lol!
I won a WHOLE fifty bucks.
I'm rich!
:)

Last edited:
The ancient Greeks invented boxing for their early Olympic Games.

It has become a form of handicapped combat with fists only.

No head butting, no elbows, no feet or knees, etc.

It is a very artificial fighting sport.

Whereas MMA is perfect with no holds barred.

I like boxing and UFC fights.
I love racing and took second in my first ever at the hillbilly bump and run races! I'm so excited! Those guys are maniacs, lol!
I won a WHOLE city bucks.
I'm rich!
:)
Did the gerbil survive?

21105677_2095570643793845_579067964071189266_n.jpg

Forum List

Back