I Can't Wait!

If we do that, then who will save us from the criminals? The left keeps telling us we don't need guns because police are there to protect us.

I'm not sure of the OP's politics, but in fairness he never said anything about being left leaning, or taking guns away from the people. Either way, I think his opinion is misguided.

I've heard a lot of liberals complain about police, especially after Ferguson. Facts haven't exactly played a part in the formation of opinions, but there is a lot of anger toward police. They are making assumptions that all police are racist. At the same time, many of the same liberals don't believe people should own guns.

While police don't need to become militarized, they have a dangerous job. There have been countless cops murdered during routine traffic stops and such that they can't be too careful. A driver was shot recently during a traffic stop when he turned around to grab something. Cop apparently thought he was going for a gun.

While it's easy to blame cops, you have to realize that there are so many criminals these days and when people refuse to follow orders from cops, they don't know if the person is planning to attack or shoot them. They can't afford to trust anyone who isn't putting their hands in the air. I think the public needs some reminders that you must do as cops tell you so they know you are not holding a weapon. Amazing how many people, even innocent ones, assume that the cop will know they mean no harm and they do something stupid.

I blame the criminals for creating the current atmosphere of fear. We have so many violent people these days and so many random murders or attacks. No one is safe, especially the police since their job requires they encounter these people.

Gun control ties the hands of average citizens who pose no threats. Liberals like to yell from the mountain tops every time there is an incident with a legal gun owners. Of course they don't do that with criminals, mainly because there isn't enough time to discuss all the shootings carried out by thugs.

People need to be smart. Many of us haven't had to deal with being stopped by police, but everyone needs to know that it's imperative to follow any commands. If your loved one was a cop, you'd understand why they don't automatically trust anyone.

They do need good protection, but tanks and such are a bit extreme. They should be as well armed as any criminals though.

I think the military equipment should be sent to the border guards. The drug cartels pose a huge threat and they could benefit from more power and more protection. It would be even better if Obama allowed them to defend themselves instead of forcing them to run away from the bad guys. I hope our troops have more leeway than that.

Forum List

Back