I buried my Son

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.
Dude, my condolences. If I had lost any of my children I would have been suicidal.

Please take comfort in knowing that one day you will see him again as sure as you are reading this.

This song has soothed my low moods many times. May it be Gods Will that it provides you with some small comfort as well.

Last edited:
2111787_o.jpeg

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

My deepest condolences to you and yours, Sunni Man. May the Lord bless and keep you through this time of grief.

My hell; I have reason to believe you're not making this up. My condolences.

I'm sorry for your loss. You should keep busy to keep from letting your thoughts drift to it, and make sure you get plenty of rest. I find it's the best way to deal with loss. Just remember that it'll be okay, and people are here for you.

Condolences. I lost my first dog not long ago and it was almost unbearable. I can't even imagine that kind of loss.

Not to derail the thread but the no charges thing pisses me off. Driver's are to act responsibly, even though she likely didn't mean it, she was negligent at the least. Vehicles can be lethal weapons. My guess is she was dicking around with her phone, I see it all the time, especially the gals. They can't stop texting.

Maybe not.

Sometimes, accidents happen, even when everyone involved is being diligent and careful

Sometimes, solid digestive waste occurs.

Sunni, long ago you told me that you loved reading the Psalms of King David. This is one of the most comforting Psalms I know of when thinking about walking through a difficult time in life. The key word in this Psalm is through. Though it may seem like a very deep valley with no way out - the truth is you are not alone and you will come through this. You have people who love and care about you. I want you to know that you are in my prayers this morning. King David was well acquainted with sorrow. He knew the sorrow of burying his own children. Here is where King David found his strength. Here is where you will find yours too.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Sunni Man, I know what you're going through. My heart breaks for you and your family.

Over time, dealing with it doesn't become easier, it becomes less difficult. I strongly recommend grief counseling. It won't take the pain away, but it will give you tools to help ease the worst of it.

(((((hugs)))))

My heartfelt condolences.
Only God will be able to touch you in a subtle manner to sooth your lifelong pain.
My heart was overwhelmed this morning in seeing the outpouring of love for one of the members here in his time of grief. Sunni man needs to know that people care about him. And more importantly that God cares about him and has not forgotten him. It reminds me of Job in his time of grief. Job lost all of his children in a single day. His body was covered in boils. He lost everything but his faith in God and his wife who told him to curse God and die. His friends all came to wrong conclusions about the reason for his sufferings. In the end, God restored Job's soul. Do you think God left Job with any grief when He restored him? No, He didn't. I am not in agreement with those here who have the idea that a man who loses his son is going to live in lifelong pain. I believe that with God all things are possible and that God can heal a broken heart. I'm not saying that the memory will be erased but He can take what was meant to destroy us and use it to strengthen us and give us a greater depth of His love, understanding and compassion than we ever could have received without having experienced such sorrow.

Condolences. I lost my first dog not long ago and it was almost unbearable. I can't even imagine that kind of loss.

Not to derail the thread but the no charges thing pisses me off. Driver's are to act responsibly, even though she likely didn't mean it, she was negligent at the least. Vehicles can be lethal weapons. My guess is she was dicking around with her phone, I see it all the time, especially the gals. They can't stop texting.

Maybe not.

Sometimes, accidents happen, even when everyone involved is being diligent and careful

Sometimes, solid digestive waste occurs.
Huh? An accident is if a wheel came off due to a manufacturing error, which would be negligence on their part. Inattentive driving is negligence. If you shit yourself while driving you are too stupid to have a license.

May strength come to you somehow through your pain shock and sorrow ....

Forum List

Back