I buried my Son

Sorry for your loss of your son. We compensated by adopting two more children. It was not the same, but it helped a lot.

I don't know how you managed. I couldn't go through that twice. It was pure hell on earth. Good for you to adopt some children in need of a good home though. That's wonderful. This is nice that we can talk about it and Sunni man can see that others can relate to what he is dealing with currently. He is the first person that I've met that has lost a child too, and I cannot put into words how sorry I am that he has to go through this agony. You too. So sorry that you had to deal with that twice. I cannot imagine.

Look how many on this board have lost a child myself, you, B. Kidd, Too Tall and now Sunni Man. Did I miss as someone?

Toughest thing I have ever dealt with.

I think you and I had a small conversation about it before. I'm sure Sunni man is probably still in shock. I think I was in shock for at least a few months afterwards. I remember being sick (physically ill - throwing up) every day for at least several months. I didn't eat, I didn't drink enough, I was really ill physically and emotionally.

Sorry, my memory fails me at times. My wife was devastated, I sat around trying to figure out why I didn't protect her. So much guilt and anguish.

Sunni, I hope you find comfort in your faith.

I think a lot of guilt comes with the territory. I carry SO much guilt over my son's death. The what ifs, etc.

Yep, it's the would've, could've, should've's that get you. I have ran thousands of different scenarios and it is a hard dose of reality.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I can not imagine how terrible and difficult it must be to lose an adult child. I have also lost a child, a stillborn baby girl. Losing an adult child that you have loved and nurtured and grown with just seems unimaginably more terrible.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

I am so sorry for you and your family. Truly a tragedy. My best wishes for your family in this terrible time.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.
As tragic as it is, unavoidable accidents do happen and lives are lost. The gender of the driver is irrelevant and as there were no charges, then she was doing everything required of her as a driver and your son accidentally swerved in front of her, crossed in front of her or some other unforeseen action occurred. It was, as you would say, Allah's will.

Number one cause of accidents today is too many distractions for the driver going on inside the car, whether it's the smart phone or the huge driver's control screens that in case of some of the new hybrid / electric cars are sometimes the size of laptops. And the younger the driver the more distracted they are. The govt needs to mandate the auto braking and collision avoidance systems that exist now in higher end cars.

Having almost lost our 3 year old I can imagine the incredible amount of anguish you must be experiencing; I give you my deepest sympathy.

I just saw this thread. My prayers go out to you my friend, they do.
I remember us writing about BOTH of us enjoying dirt bikes and even having the same make and model to start.

To lose a child to something so simple so pure as to just riding a bike. ALL of my prayers my friend to you and yours, all of them.

Fury

I can not imagine how terrible and difficult it must be to lose an adult child. I have also lost a child, a stillborn baby girl.
My sister did as well. The pain and grief is every bit as real.

The young lady involved wasn't determined to be at fault at all? Must be tearing her up inside. It would me, even if it was an accident. Hope she's doing okay.

Forum List

Back