I buried my Son

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

My deepest sympathy go out to you. We have buried one son and one daughter who were killed in accidents and it is devastating.

Sorry for your loss, we lost one child, can't imagine losing two.

Sorry for your loss of your son. We compensated by adopting two more children. It was not the same, but it helped a lot.

My youngest son was riding his bicycle in the evening after work and was struck and killed by a car. He was in his early twenties. The driver was a young girl. No charges were filed against her. The police said she wasn't drunk or speeding, it was just a tragic accident. I had to fly to another state for the funeral. I am still in a state of shock. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is awful.

My deepest sympathy go out to you. We have buried one son and one daughter who were killed in accidents and it is devastating.

Sorry for your loss of your son. We compensated by adopting two more children. It was not the same, but it helped a lot.

I don't know how you managed. I couldn't go through that twice. It was pure hell on earth. Good for you to adopt some children in need of a good home though. That's wonderful. This is nice that we can talk about it and Sunni man can see that others can relate to what he is dealing with currently. He is the first person that I've met that has lost a child too, and I cannot put into words how sorry I am that he has to go through this agony. You too. So sorry that you had to deal with that twice. I cannot imagine.

Awfully tragic news. I'm glad you decided to include us in your grief.
And I'm very sad about your loss. Love for this whole community here that is responding also.

Sunni Man - I'm very sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to happen to your son and your family. Condolences.

I don't know how you managed. I couldn't go through that twice. It was pure hell on earth. Good for you to adopt some children in need of a good home though. That's wonderful. This is nice that we can talk about it and Sunni man can see that others can relate to what he is dealing with currently. He is the first person that I've met that has lost a child too, and I cannot put into words how sorry I am that he has to go through this agony. You too. So sorry that you had to deal with that twice. I cannot imagine.

Look how many on this board have lost a child myself, you, B. Kidd, Too Tall and now Sunni Man. Did I miss as someone?

Toughest thing I have ever dealt with.

Very, very sorry S-Man. I lost a son to suicide. You will perservere....I did!........you have little choice.

Very sorry for your loss.

Happened back in '98, was age 19. Upcoming weeks for S-Man will feel like he is walking through a bad dreamscape, at least that was the way it was initially for me. Thanks, Pap........

We lost our daughter in 2002, she was 18, I agree, I was numb for awhile and then the real pain set in.

Look how many on this board have lost a child myself, you, B. Kidd, Too Tall and now Sunni Man. Did I miss as someone?

I think you and I had a small conversation about it before. I'm sure Sunni man is probably still in shock. I think I was in shock for at least a few months afterwards. I remember being sick (physically ill - throwing up) every day for at least several months. I didn't eat, I didn't drink enough, I was really ill physically and emotionally.

Very, very sorry S-Man. I lost a son to suicide. You will perservere....I did!........you have little choice.

Happened back in '98, was age 19. Upcoming weeks for S-Man will feel like he is walking through a bad dreamscape, at least that was the way it was initially for me. Thanks, Pap........

We lost our daughter in 2002, she was 18, I agree, I was numb for awhile and then the real pain set in.

Sorry, Pap, too.

Sorry, Pap, too.

Thank, it feels like we are in a club that no one wants to be in or want anyone else to join.

I think you and I had a small conversation about it before. I'm sure Sunni man is probably still in shock. I think I was in shock for at least a few months afterwards. I remember being sick (physically ill - throwing up) every day for at least several months. I didn't eat, I didn't drink enough, I was really ill physically and emotionally.

Sorry, my memory fails me at times. My wife was devastated, I sat around trying to figure out why I didn't protect her. So much guilt and anguish.

Sunni, I hope you find comfort in your faith.

Sorry, my memory fails me at times. My wife was devastated, I sat around trying to figure out why I didn't protect her. So much guilt and anguish.

Sunni, I hope you find comfort in your faith.

I think a lot of guilt comes with the territory. I carry SO much guilt over my son's death. The what ifs, etc.

Chris, you also lost a child? My heart goes out to you, I am so sorry for you loss.

Forum List

Back