I believe that a Trump/DeSantis primary battle is very likely. How will it play out?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Trump is trying to avoid that conflict, by dangling VP in front of Ron.

During a Thursday morning Newsmax interview, Trump was asked about a potential “Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024.”

That would place Trump atop the ticket of course, with the Florida Governor in a subordinate role.

Trump offered a cagey response to the question.

“Well, I get along with him. I was very responsible for his success because I endorsed him and he went up like a rocket ship, just like I endorsed Mary Miller the other day,” Trump said, referring to a candidate he endorsed in Illinois who won Tuesday.

Should Ron accept this offer? He'll have to carefully consider the odds. Right now a Republican victory in 2024 is about as sure as anything in politics is, but if Trump gets another four years, 2028 might not be such a slam dunk, even if Ron is Don's heir apparent.

So Ron could take the VP spot, willing to be second banana for four years, and then the improved economy could lull Americans into thinking that we can afford to have a Democrat in the white house again.

I don't picture Ron doing that. I believe that he will fight and that it will be a rough one. But not as bad as the news media will portray it. I dont' see Trump digging up dirt on DiSantis, nor paying for any files of fake information on him, nor floating unfounded rumors so salacious that they are bound to be repeated and remembered no matter how absurdly false.

Trump can be an asshole when campaigning, but not that much of an asshole. Right, Dems?

So if Trump goes after DiSantis hard and wins, DiSantis lives to fight another day. And he has a decent chance to win. I believe that many Republicans, given a choice between the two, might vote DiSantis, thinking that Trump is their ideal, but that the Dems have worked so hard to smear him and thus DiSantis may be the best hope.

During a Thursday morning Newsmax interview, Trump was asked about a potential “Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024.”

That would place Trump atop the ticket of course, with the Florida Governor in a subordinate role.

“Well, I get along with him. I was very responsible for his success because I endorsed him and he went up like a rocket ship, just like I endorsed Mary Miller the other day,” Trump said, referring to a candidate he endorsed in Illinois who won Tuesday.

Should Ron accept this offer? He'll have to carefully consider the odds. Right now a Republican victory in 2024 is about as sure as anything in politics is, but if Trump gets another four years, 2028 might not be such a slam dunk, even if Ron is Don's heir apparent.

So Ron could take the VP spot, willing to be second banana for four years, and then the improved economy could lull Americans into thinking that we can afford to have a Democrat in the white house again.

I don't picture Ron doing that. I believe that he will fight and that it will be a rough one. But not as bad as the news media will portray it. I dont' see Trump digging up dirt on DiSantis, nor paying for any files of fake information on him, nor floating unfounded rumors so salacious that they are bound to be repeated and remembered no matter how absurdly false.

Trump can be an asshole when campaigning, but not that much of an asshole. Right, Dems?

So if Trump goes after DiSantis hard and wins, DiSantis lives to fight another day. And he has a decent chance to win. I believe that many Republicans, given a choice between the two, might vote DiSantis, thinking that Trump is their ideal, but that the Dems have worked so hard to smear him and thus DiSantis may be the best hope.
The Dem/Press/Hollywood coalition of hate will attack and smear whoever the 2024 GOP candidate is.
Trump is getting too old, and he creates too much drama.
DeSantis is just as tough as Trump, but he is much younger, and he handles the Press much better.
I would go with DeSantis in 2024

Helluva question.

The way it appears to be going is that Trump is weakening enough that De Santis now has at least a 50/50 chance. The rubes have to win because they're saving us from Satan, or something, and De Santis is certainly Trumpy enough to satisfy them.

As ugly and dark as things are getting, it will be great fun watching them go at it. Silver lining.

It will be interesting to see who runs. I think it would be wise for DeSantis to not hitch up to the Trump train as the VP candidate. I think it is likely that DeSantis will sit 2024 out if anyway.

I'd vote for DeSantis if he were the top of the ticket. I haven't voted for Trump and I'm not about to start.

I would go with DeSantis in 2024

So would I, but right now the tea leaves are telling me that Trump is going to run and he's going to win in 2024. The problem is whether he will sour the country on the GOP and a democrat gets voted into the WH in 2028. Desantis might be smart to avoid the campaign in 2024 and stick with his governorship in Florida.

There was a period of time between Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln where we had a series on one-term presidents. One wonders if we are headed for the same thing now, cuz I don't think the voting public is too happy with either party right now. IMHO the democrats are too extreme, and Trump is well, Trump. Too many people are seeing the GOP as Trump's party, and he does have an awful lot of support there. And not everybody likes that. BUT - the good news is that the democrats are owned by their extreme Far Left wing and that doesn't look like it will change anytime soon. And they truly suck.

The scenario I see is that during the primary elections, Trump beats 17 other Republicans, one of which is Desantis.

Desantis later graciously accepts Trump's offer to be his running mate.

Trump/Desantis wins the election, the heavens open with a thunderous sound, and giant winged unicorns fly down from heaven, dropping their massive turds on the heads of bewildered Democrats.

It could happen.

DeSantis is young and a good political in addition to being the best governor in the country.. He will assess his chances and if he thinks he can win or if he wants to be VP cut a deal with Trump.

Whoever the Republican nominee is they will win in 2024 unless the Democrats are able to pull off another blatant steal like they did in 2020.

Biden has destroyed the Democrat Party for a couple of decades.

I hope DeSantis doesn't run. We need him to be Governor for another four years. He is correcting a lot of the damage the Democrats did to this country back when they held more power. He is also making Florida solid Red instead of Leaning Red.

If the Florida Governor were available, why would the Republicans encumber themselves with Trump? As mentioned, if the Democratic Party offers up Biden, either another party or the Republicans should win. Trump isn't needed and has 'huge' image problems.

You can be sure that Trump is coming up with some clever little nicknames for DeSantis as we speak.

If the Florida Governor were available, why would the Republicans encumber themselves with Trump?

Trump has a very large support group among Righties, and if they were to treat him the way the democrats did to Bernie Sanders then they very well could lose a lot of those supporters. It's different if Trump comes out and says I ain't running, but if he does run (and I think he will) then I think he will be the GOP nominee. The last thing we need is a split within the GOP like in 1990 when Bush 41 and Perot divided the Right and Clinton won. Some might disagree, but I believe that had Perot stayed out of it then Bush would've beaten Clinton.

You all know that Trump's legal residence is in Florida. You all know that DeSantis is the governor of Florida. You all should know that the president and vice president cannot be residents of the same state.

DeSantis will not run for president at all. He will do exactly what he said he would do. He will be Governor of Florida. In 2028 he will have an easy election as president.

Trump should have picked Ted Cruz in 2016. He'd still be in the WH. Cruz would have made sure swamp rats didn't infiltrate the office.

That said I hope if it comes down to Ron/Don I hope Ron comes out ahead. I don't know what will happen but I hope Trump does not try and destroy Ron the way he did with Cruz. It was almost unforgiveable what he did to Cruz.

$2 gas, rolling back almost everything the meat puppet faggot did and defeating that sociopath hag redeemed him though.

Trump has a very large support group among Righties, and if they were to treat him the way the democrats did to Bernie Sanders then they very well could lose a lot of those supporters. It's different if Trump comes out and says I ain't running, but if he does run (and I think he will) then I think he will be the GOP nominee. The last thing we need is a split within the GOP like in 1990 when Bush 41 and Perot divided the Right and Clinton won. Some might disagree, but I believe that had Perot stayed out of it then Bush would've beaten Clinton.
No question about it, Perot was a hand grenade with a crew cut hair do.

I'm not even a GHWB fan at all. I hated him back then as a teen age liberal idiot, and I hate him now as a libertarian leaning sort of adult. Trump would do us all a great service by helping push out the globalist elite RINOs and promoting the MAGA agenda. He could actually be more effective out of office than from within it.

DeSantis is young and a good political in addition to being the best governor in the country.. He will assess his chances and if he thinks he can win or if he wants to be VP cut a deal with Trump.

Whoever the Republican nominee is they will win in 2024 unless the Democrats are able to pull off another blatant steal like they did in 2020.
Yes, Republicans have to be aware of the four componsents of the Democratic campaign for president that brought Trump down in 2020, and will try to bring him or DiSantis down in 2024:

Dirty tricks by the DNC.

Dirty tricks by the media.

Dirty tricks by the Deepstate.

Dirty tricks by state and local Democrats who count the votes.

That's a lot to be arrayed against either Trump or DeSantis.

You all know that Trump's legal residence is in Florida. You all know that DeSantis is the governor of Florida. You all should know that the president and vice president cannot be residents of the same state.

DeSantis will not run for president at all. He will do exactly what he said he would do. He will be Governor of Florida. In 2028 he will have an easy election as president.
They can both be from the same state.

How can such a great nation have such incredibly poor choices for potential heads of state?
DeSantis isnt a poor choice. We've had far worse in our history. The current guy is a complete disaster. Hoover, Wilson, US Grant, Carter. There are a myriad of examples of complete shit shows that we've had as President. That's not to say that DeSantis if elected would necessarily be great. There are tons of examples of people who you would think would be great and werent. And vice versa.

But why would a successful, intelligent person WANT to go through the process it takes to become President? In the current climate I cant imagine why anyone would want the job frankly. Not anyone who's really worth a shit anyway. The fact that we have people still clamoring to sit in that seat who arent all complete assholes is astonishing to me.

Forum List

Back