I am on thin ice

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
Yet.....I think something needs to be discussed which could be considered controversial so I will talk about this problem without any specific point of reference.....though some no doubt will know.

I have been told that if you cannot prove something to be true then it is ok to move it to the conspiracy theory section....which is really no big deal though some consider it unfair....I just consider it a mistake based upon ignorance of what constitutes a conspiracy theory.

As the more astute on here know and in a lot of cases based on personal experience that truthful posts wind up in the conspiracy section simply because someone....in my case...usually a liberal...makes a complaint or suggestion that is where it should be like that makes some kind of huge difference....not to mention there are far too many forums on here anyhow.

Also.....we (the more intelligent) know that this problem exists far beyond this board or any board....like in the msm.

How many times do we see some dumbass anchor on nbc and all the rest of the alphabet media for that matter call something a conspiracy theory just because they do not like whatever the story is ...so they try and debunk it by calling it a conspiracy theory.

In other words they themselves are engaged in a conspiracy to the effect of using the label 'conspiracy theory' in order to justify their censorship of stories they do not like or to try and debunk them.

They(whoever) say that if you cannot prove something is true then it is a conspiracy theory.....but it should work both ways and this is my main point....can they prove it is a conspiracy? Of course not...but being hypocrites they expect you to prove the truth of whatever story is under discussion but they are under no obligation to prove it is a conspiracy.

Did the CIA Invent the Term ‘Conspiracy Theory’?

Last edited:
Yet.....I think something that needs to be discussed which could be considered controversial so I will talk about this problem without any specific point of reference.....though some no doubt will know.

I have been told that if you cannot prove something to be true then it is ok to move it to the conspiracy theory section....which is really no big deal though some consider it unfair....I just consider it a mistake based upon ignorance of what constitutes a conspiracy theory.

As the more astute on here know and in a lot of cases based on personal experience that truthful posts wind up in the conspiracy section simply because someone....in my case...usually a liberal...makes a complaint or suggestion that is where it should be like that makes some kind of huge difference....not to mention there are far too many forums on here anyhow.

Also.....we (the more intelligent) know that this problem exists far beyond this board or any board....like in the msm.

How many times do we see some dumbass anchor on nbc and all the rest of the alphabet media for that call something a conspiracy theory just because they do not like whatever the story is ...so they try and debunk it by calling it a conspiracy theory.

In other words they themselves are engaged in a conspiracy to the effect of using the label 'conspiracy theory' in order to justify their censorship of stories they do not like or to try and debunk them.

They(whoever) say that if you cannot prove something is true then it is a conspiracy theory.....but it should work both ways and this is my main point....can they prove it is a conspiracy? Of course not...but being hypocrites they expect you to prove the truth of whatever story is under discussion but they are under no obligation to prove it is a conspiracy.

Did the CIA Invent the Term ‘Conspiracy Theory’?
Nice post, thanks. I agree with you wholeheartedly about this.

73064-George-Orwell-Quote-The-further-a-society-drifts-from-truth-the.jpg

~S~

I do not pay attention to the forum name a post is in. When I come here I click on whats new and it shows me all recent posts no matter what forum they are in and that works for me

Forum List

Back