CDZ I AM NOT A CLIMATE SCIENTIST AND NEITHER ARE YOU.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
The right claims there is a massive conspiracy by 97% of climate scientists to defraud the public. I simply ask who is in charge of this conspiracy, and what do the people in charge of it have to gain. I'm not asking about the validity of the research from either side of the spectrum because I am not qualified to look at a chart or graph and evaluate it in relationship to all the years of research that has been done by real Climate scientists, because

I AM NOT A CLIMATE SCIENTIST AND NEITHER ARE YOU.

I'm not asking for your charts or graphs, or some experiment that was done in the early 1900's. I've asked my questions in other threads, and am covered with information from instant right wing experts whose climate expertise began with a report from fox news, and consists of charts and graphs from oil company funded web sites that supposedly disprove legitimate climate research. Those are all off subject here because

One poster who likes to pretend he is extremely educated tried to tell me there are only 79 climate scientists in the world, and Obama will fire the 74 who agree climate change is real if they change their mind. I'll leave that to you to decide if that is worth considering, but if you can shed some light on who might be in charge of this claimed world wide conspiracy, or what they might gain by it, please present your evidence.

Uneducated Republicans always believe they are smarter than scientists. It's not clear if they know where TV's, computers, medicine, disease resistant grains and weather reports come from.

The right claims there is a massive conspiracy by 97% of climate scientists to defraud the public. I simply ask who is in charge of this conspiracy, and what do the people in charge of it have to gain. I'm not asking about the validity of the research from either side of the spectrum because I am not qualified to look at a chart or graph and evaluate it in relationship to all the years of research that has been done by real Climate scientists, because

I'm not asking for your charts or graphs, or some experiment that was done in the early 1900's. I've asked my questions in other threads, and am covered with information from instant right wing experts whose climate expertise began with a report from fox news, and consists of charts and graphs from oil company funded web sites that supposedly disprove legitimate climate research. Those are all off subject here because

One poster who likes to pretend he is extremely educated tried to tell me there are only 79 climate scientists in the world, and Obama will fire the 74 who agree climate change is real if they change their mind. I'll leave that to you to decide if that is worth considering, but if you can shed some light on who might be in charge of this claimed world wide conspiracy, or what they might gain by it, please present your evidence.

I don't want to spend trillions on "green" energy.
How many climate scientists want us to do that?

What will the temperature be in 2080, within 0.1 degrees if we spend those trillions?
What will the temperature be in 2080, within 0.1 degrees if we don't spend those trillions?

Seriously, what would a real climate scientist think about the recent deal ODumbshit made with China that allows them to continue to increase CO2 emissions unabated? Good for the climate?

I'm not a physicists but I can discuss relativity. Odd that climate "science" can only be discussed by other decline hiders

What will the temperature be in 2080, within 0.1 degrees if we spend those trillions?
What will the temperature be in 2080, within 0.1 degrees if we don't spend those trillions?

That is not the subject of this thread, and don't try to hijack it to something else

Seriously, what would a real climate scientist think about the recent deal ODumbshit made with China that allows them to continue to increase CO2 emissions unabated? Good for the climate?

Off subject. Who is in charge of the so called conspiracy, and what do they gain by it?

Off subject. Who is in charge of the so called conspiracy, and what do they gain by it?

You're the one who posited a conspiracy. If you think there is one, document it for us.

That is not the subject of this thread, and don't try to hijack it to something else

You don't want to talk about what the scientists want us to do?
Why not?
They must be more reliable than the liberal politicians pushing AGW.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts"
- Richard Feyman (Nobel Prize in Physics, 1965)

The fact of the matter is that in government, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. NOAA is under the department of commerce. The IPCC is administered by political appointees. NASA gets it's climate science budget by making a dramatic case for that need. And most individual climate scientists in general are funded by grants or universities. Nobody funds studies that are deemed to be unimportant. You've got to make a case. With that in mind, why not judge the bulk of climate science with a healthy skepticism.

The climate is always changing. It's never not been changing. The question is really what is causing current changes. To declare human activity as the indisputable primary cause, and to associate that claim with the word "fact" is somewhat naive.

Was 2014 the hottest year on record? That's what the headlines said, without qualification. When you drill down you discover that the issue is more complicated than that. What I would say is that 2014 was statistically the hottest year in the history of annually adjusted computer modelling using a limited set of subjectively selected data points.

Don't be a denier. Don't be an acceptor. Have a healthy skepticism. That's all.

You're the one who posited a conspiracy. If you think there is one, document it for us.

I don't think there is one, but many right wingers claim there is. Without specific education in climate science, I, and the vast majority of people have no way to evaluate if the scientists claims are valid or not. I keep hearing "follow the money" as an explanation of why so many scientists stick with their claims when right wingers claim they have been discredited. I don't know if they have been discredited or not. Neither do you. So who is in charge of the conspiracy?

I don't think there is one, but many right wingers claim there is. Without specific education in climate science, I, and the vast majority of people have no way to evaluate if the scientists claims are valid or not. I keep hearing "follow the money" as an explanation of why so many scientists stick with their claims when right wingers claim they have been discredited. I don't know if they have been discredited or not. Neither do you. So who is in charge of the conspiracy?

Uh.......what conspiracy?

Why not?

All I want to talk about in this thread is why the vast majority of scientists stick with their previous claims if they have been proven wrong. It is unreasonable to think that many would not change their stance in the face of credible proof that they are wrong, so who is forcing them to stick with what you call a disproven theory instead of embracing what you think is fact?

I'm not a physicists but I can discuss relativity. Odd that climate "science" can only be discussed by other decline hiders

Sure, you can discuss it, but if you claim to be able to disprove the theory of relativity with a couple of charts, it's doubtful if you would be able to convince people who really understand that theory.

If the results of their research has been disproven, as you claim, how else would you describe 97% sticking with their original assessment?

Why not?

All I want to talk about in this thread is why the vast majority of scientists stick with their previous claims if they have been proven wrong. It is unreasonable to think that many would not change their stance in the face of credible proof that they are wrong, so who is forcing them to stick with what you call a disproven theory instead of embracing what you think is fact?

All I want to talk about in this thread is why the vast majority of scientists stick with their previous claims if they have been proven wrong.

All I want to talk about is why the liberal solution is always higher taxes and more government control over the economy.

It is unreasonable to think that many would not change their stance in the face of credible proof that they are wrong

Did the ones caught lying, fabricating and exaggerating in Climategate change their stance?

If the results of their research has been disproven, as you claim, how else would you describe 97% sticking with their original assessment?

how else would you describe 97% sticking with their original assessment?

What is the original assessment you feel the 97% agreed with?
97% of how many? Got a link?

Why not?

All I want to talk about in this thread is why the vast majority of scientists stick with their previous claims if they have been proven wrong.

All I want to talk about is why the liberal solution is always higher taxes and more government control over the economy.

It is unreasonable to think that many would not change their stance in the face of credible proof that they are wrong

Did the ones caught lying, fabricating and exaggerating in Climategate change their stance?

If you only want to talk about is liberal solutions or higher taxes then start your own thread.

how else would you describe 97% sticking with their original assessment?

What is the original assessment you feel the 97% agreed with?
97% of how many? Got a link?

That climate change is real, and man is affecting it.

Forum List

Back