I agree with Rush, Obama is in trouble

I have to agree with Rush...

Obama has been sweating bullets ever since he killed Bin Laden two weeks ago. I can see why Republicans are so confident

as of today, his rcp average approval rating is about 52%.

i wonder what the rightwingnuts *think* he'll need to win. is it a given. no. but listening to the freaks, you'd think he has bush-level approval ratings of 28%.

He needs a certain number of votes in the Electoral College come election day.
He doesn't have them based on current outlook.
Deal with it.

Obama has been sweating bullets ever since he killed Bin Laden two weeks ago. I can see why Republicans are so confident

i wonder what the rightwingnuts *think* he'll need to win. is it a given. no. but listening to the freaks, you'd think he has bush-level approval ratings of 28%.

Deal with it.

With the way potential Republican candidates are ducking this election, Obama will win more Electoral College votes than last time

Deal with it.

With the way potential Republican candidates are ducking this election, Obama will win more Electoral College votes than last time

i'm pretty sure the electorate hasn't shifted much. he got 365 electoral votes last time. given that the people with obama derangement syndrome wouldn't have voted for him anyway, i'm thinking their judgment on this issue is fairly well non-existent. they seem to forget that they have to put forth a candidate who doesn't turn the stomachs of the center.

Deal with it.

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?

You can do so at Intrade.

Right now, Intrade odds are 60% that Obama wins. Collect 60 cents for each contract you sell. If you are right, the payoff is $0. If you are wrong, the payoff is $1 and you would lose 40 cents. Odds are 50% in your favour. Those are pretty good odds if you think Obama will lose, better than you'll get here.

Right now, the leaders for the Republican nomination are

Romney 25%
Pawlenty 18%
Huntsmann 12%
Daniels 12%
Cain 7%
Palin 6%

That's pretty stunning.

Wanna bet?

Right now, Intrade odds are 60% that Obama wins. Collect 60 cents for each contract you sell. If you are right, the payoff is $0. If you are wrong, the payoff is $1 and you would lose 40 cents. Odds are 50% in your favour. Those are pretty good odds if you think Obama will lose, better than you'll get here.

Romney 25%
Pawlenty 18%
Huntsmann 12%
Daniels 12%
Cain 7%
Palin 6%

That's pretty stunning.
What do you find stunning about it?

anyway..

The odds of Obama winning more votes in the Electoral College than he did in the last election wasn't listed.

Wanna bet?

Romney 25%
Pawlenty 18%
Huntsmann 12%
Daniels 12%
Cain 7%
Palin 6%

That's pretty stunning.

anyway..

The odds of Obama winning more votes in the Electoral College than he did in the last election wasn't listed.

I'm sorry. I misread it. I didn't see him say he'd win more votes in the electoral college. I certainly wouldn't offer that bet. I'd probably take the other side, though I think its foolish to make such bets 18 months before the election.

It's stunning that, apart from Romney and Palin, nobody else on that list was polling more than 5% in the polls a few weeks ago. The number one option in that prediction market is "Someone else" at 38%.

Romney 25%
Pawlenty 18%
Huntsmann 12%
Daniels 12%
Cain 7%
Palin 6%

That's pretty stunning.

anyway..

I'm sorry. I misread it. I didn't see him say he'd win more votes in the electoral college. I certainly wouldn't offer that bet. I'd probably take the other side, though I think its foolish to make such bets 18 months before the election.

It's stunning that, apart from Romney and Palin, nobody else on that list was polling more than 5% in the polls a few weeks ago. The number one option in that prediction market is "Someone else" at 38%.

I agree - it's way to early to predict anything.

Personally, I like Romney and I hope he gets the nod.

Last edited:
I agree with Rush, Obama is in trouble

He Certainly is not the unbeatable Juggernaut the Press is trying to make him out to be. The plain truth is if the Republicans can simply find a candidate with out much baggage attached to them. They will win. An honest assessment of Obama's fundamentals right now can only conclude that he is indeed in trouble. at least if he were anyone other than Obama. Obama seems to have a disconnect between his own popularity, and that of his polices. Couple that with a horrible Republican Field and you turn what should be an easy win for any challenger into a fight.

Of course if the economy improves significantly soon then all bets are off, and it is very likely Obama will win.

Not caring about Bush anymore is ignoring history, which is dangerous. Guess those on the far left are the smart ones.

I care about Bush-III. (I think you call him 'Obama'.)

1) Bush added less than 1/2 your 5 billion to the debt
2) The wars were on the book, that lie is so sad

these are called links, this one link will cover both of those lies
The Bush Deficit, the Clinton Surplus and TARP by Gregory Hilton | The DC World Affairs Blog
If you take the time it will clearly show you where the information came from and how to access it
You know I nailed you on this lie in another thread, and in typical CON$ervative style you simply re-post the same lie with the same dishonest link to the same phony Right-Wing extremist Heritage Foundation chart of Bush lies in a different thread.

Here are the real national debt numbers with the wars included. In Bush's 8 fiscal years he racked up $6.1 trillion in debt!!!!!!!!

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010
Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Includes legal tender notes, gold and silver certificates, etc.
The first fiscal year for the U.S. Government started Jan. 1, 1789. Congress changed the beginning of the fiscal year from Jan. 1 to Jul. 1 in 1842, and finally from Jul. 1 to Oct. 1 in 1977 where it remains today.
To find more historical information, visit The Public Debt Historical Information archives.

Date - Dollar Amount

09/30/2009 - $11,909,829,003,511.75
09/30/2008 - $10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2007 - $9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 - $8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 - $7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 - $7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 - $6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002 - $6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001 - $5,807,463,412,200.06

Last edited:

Deal with it.

Electoral votes??? :lol: That's a very silly observation to make at this point in time. Really running scared, aren't you???

Deal with it.

Electoral votes??? :lol: That's a very silly observation to make at this point in time. Really running scared, aren't you???
It's easy to see why they're running scared, just look at what they have to offer.

Deal with it.

It's easy to see why they're running scared, just look at what they have to offer.

Poll: Voters Split On Pres. Obama vs. Bush - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com
This was 1 year ago
I bet there scared to do one of these again
this should take that 28% approval and put it in its proper place

It all comes down to the Republicans having a weaker candidate than John McCain in 2008. McCain was well liked and a national hero. All they have now is Romney who has no additional accomplishments and was a weak runner up to McCain in 2008

Forum List

Back