Hurricane Irma

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Forecasters say it will become a hurricane by Thursday ( I guess today) and it could possibly head for Texas.

23333419-mmmain.png

Tropical Storm Irma is expected to strengthen Thursday (Aug. 31) to a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean, forecasters with the National Hurricane Center said.

As of Thursday morning, Irma was 590 miles west of the Cabo Verde Islands and moving west at 12 mph. The storm had maximum sustained winds of 70 mph. (See latest tracking map)

Tropical Storm Irma likely to become hurricane Thursday in Atlantic

• Banned
Uodate. Irma is now a catagory 3 expected to get even stronger.

DIkG5xsXYAUImaW.jpg

Harvey remnants flood Tennessee, Kentucky, as Irma picks up steam crossing Atlantic

Irma, a tropical storm on Wednesday, blossomed into a Category 3 hurricane on Thursday with sustained winds of 115 mph west of the Cabo Verde Islands. Irma could reach Category 4 with sustained winds above 130 mph as it edges toward the Lesser Anteilles, north of South America, early next week.

"If Irma builds to a Category 4, and then hits the U.S. mainland, it will be the first time in more than 100 years the U.S. has been hit by two Category 4 hurricanes in the same year,” said Evan Myers, senior Accuweather meteorologist.

Irma’s career path isn’t set yet, potentially heading either north or south of Puerto Rico.

None of the models have it going anywhere near Texas which is a good thing, but it could hit Florida and the East Coast.

Hopefully Houston can catch a break and the flood waters there and throughout the Gulf Coast can drain away.

I feel so badly for the people who have lost everything in this storm. It's not just their homes that are gone but their jobs, schools, hospitals - everything. I lost my house to a tornado years ago, but our whole community wasn't destroyed. Our jobs weren't affected. Schools and the local hospital were still there, and there were other places for us to go - friends and neighbours who weren't affected. For those of us who sustained losses, dealing with insurance companies and dealing with cleanup of our shattered homes was a nightmare but our community was still intact. Our jobs still existed. This is horrific and it will take years to recover.

One thing I wish to point out. After the tornado, the suicide rate in the county went 500%. Those most affected were people in their early 50's and older who had lost their life's work, had little or no insurance and felt they had no time left to rebuild and start over. Given the extent of devastation caused by this hurricane, this is a real concern for those affected.

Forecasters say it will become a hurricane by Thursday ( I guess today) and it could possibly head for Texas.

23333419-mmmain.png

Tropical Storm Irma is expected to strengthen Thursday (Aug. 31) to a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean, forecasters with the National Hurricane Center said.

As of Thursday morning, Irma was 590 miles west of the Cabo Verde Islands and moving west at 12 mph. The storm had maximum sustained winds of 70 mph. (See latest tracking map)

Well the good news is, one of them will hit there are TWO more behind Irma.
but hey nobody pays a dam bit of attention when I posted it or when we post it.
Then the dumbasses wonder why they almost drown or get blown away , cause it's all a conspiracy lmao.

This was taken right before i posted this post THERE IS ANOTHER HURRICANE RIGHT UNDER IRMA

upload_2017-9-6_7-20-21.png

upload_2017-9-6_7-19-40.png

Harvey remnants flood Tennessee, Kentucky, as Irma picks up steam crossing Atlantic

Irma, a tropical storm on Wednesday, blossomed into a Category 3 hurricane on Thursday with sustained winds of 115 mph west of the Cabo Verde Islands. Irma could reach Category 4 with sustained winds above 130 mph as it edges toward the Lesser Anteilles, north of South America, early next week.

"If Irma builds to a Category 4, and then hits the U.S. mainland, it will be the first time in more than 100 years the U.S. has been hit by two Category 4 hurricanes in the same year,” said Evan Myers, senior Accuweather meteorologist.

Irma’s career path isn’t set yet, potentially heading either north or south of Puerto Rico.
I'm sorry. I didn't notice you somehow attacking blame to President Trump for the hurricanes.
Of course there's only so much he can do to fuck up the weather in eight months...... right asshloe?

23333419-mmmain.png

Well the good news is, one of them will hit there are TWO more behind Irma.
but hey nobody pays a dam bit of attention when I posted it or when we post it.
Then the dumbasses wonder why they almost drown or get blown away , cause it's all a conspiracy lmao.

This was taken right before i posted this post THERE IS ANOTHER HURRICANE RIGHT UNDER IRMA

View attachment 147779

View attachment 147778

upload_2017-9-6_7-50-7.png

These are three separate Hurricanes.

FEMA may run out of funds on Friday...
eek.gif

FEMA may run out of funds on Friday: senators
September 7, 2017 - The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency will run out of disaster assistance funding on Friday unless Congress approves more money, two Florida senators warned on Thursday.
As Hurricane Irma barrels through the Caribbean on its way to an expected landfall on Florida on Sunday, the Senate approved a measure 80 votes to 17 to more than double funding to $15.25 billion to FEMA and local block grants to handle natural disasters. The House is expected to approve the measure later this week. It already approved $7.85 billion on Wednesday. “FEMA is stretched, and, of all things, FEMA runs out of money unless we act by tomorrow,” Democrat Senator Bill Nelson said in a speech on Thursday, following a letter he wrote with Republican Senator Marco Rubio to congressional leaders warning that more funds were needed.

The bill also extends the National Flood Insurance Program through Dec. 8 that was set to expire on Sept. 30. The government-subsidized insurance program helps homeowners in flood-prone areas receive coverage. It is nearly $25 billion in debt and members of both parties want to reform it. FEMA declined on Thursday to say how much remained in its Disaster Relief Fund, which had just over $1 billion on hand as of Tuesday, less than half the $2.1 billion it had last week. The agency has received a record number of disaster assistance requests from victims of Hurricane Harvey. “We’re not going to let money get in the way of saving lives,” FEMA director Brock Long told broadcaster CBS on Wednesday. “Congress knows what they need to do.”

David Lapan, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees FEMA, also declined to say on Thursday when the fund would be depleted, but said it would not be long without congressional action. On Thursday, U.S. President Donald Trump approved a major disaster declaration for the U.S. Virgin Islands, which makes residents eligible for FEMA and other government grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs.

In response to Irma, FEMA said staff had been deployed to the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico and more than 1,000 personnel were ready to respond in Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. Provisions include millions of liters of water, meals, medical equipment and generators.

Trump may have to settle for deterring, not disarming, North Korea

Forum List

Back