Why Nobody Believes the "climate change" infested NOAA predictions

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Remember this?....It was a Shepard Smith wet dream prediction.

Forecasters at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, are predicting above-average hurricane activity this year which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season. NOAA's outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to November 30, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

For the 2022 hurricane season, NOAA is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

:oops8:

...Yet we're supposed to accept their prediction about climate change and basically destroy the middle class and entire sectors of the economy based on a handful of elite people in Washington DC.

DilbertToon.jpg

These predictions are based on the existing climate ... when the atmosphere is in the specific state it's in right now, 70% of the time, we then saw 14-21 hurricanes the following season ... that's all based on past weather ...

We have to wait for the 300 mph storms landing every fifteen minutes hundreds of miles inland due to sea level rise ... burn tires if you're in a hurry ...

"Nobody" being those who are scientifically illiterate, correct? No one can forecast anything with absolute certainty.
LOL.....I'm no climatologist but we have had four named "storms" this season, none of which lasted 24 hours......Seems way off the mark to me.

And to add insult to injury they were storms that would not have even been reported as such 10 years ago. :laughing0301:

LOL.....I'm no climatologist but we have had four named "storms" this season, none of which lasted 24 hours......Seems way off the mark to me.

And to add insult to injury they were storms that would not have even been reported as such 10 years ago. :laughing0301:

I'm only seeing three named storms as of today ... which is normal for this time of year ...

The naming threshold has always been 39 mph ... since storms have been given names ... you seem to think the stupidest things are funny ...

I'm only seeing three named storms as of today ... which is normal for this time of year ...

The naming threshold has always been 39 mph ... since storms have been given names ... you seem to think the stupidest things are funny ...
Yep, naming a 39 MPH storm is pretty funny.....What's next, naming thunderstorms with 40 MPH gusts?

Yep, naming a 39 MPH storm is pretty funny.....What's next, naming thunderstorms with 40 MPH gusts?

Then how fast should the wind speed be before we name storms? ... do you know why we name them in the first place? ... did you know that storms with feminine names do more damage than storms with masculine names? ... file that under gender identity issues ...

"Nobody" being those who are scientifically illiterate, correct? No one can forecast anything with absolute certainty.
I live in Florida. This has been the mildest early hurricane season I can remember. I was born when Harry Truman was President.

Only you stupid Moon Bats believe anything these Environmental Wackos like NOAA tell you.

Those idiots don't even know how to take temperature readings, no less predict hurricanes.

MEDIA ADVISORY: 96% of U.S. Climate Data Is Corrupted

MEDIA ADVISORY: 96% of U.S. Climate Data Is Corrupted

Nationwide study follows up widespread corruption and heat biases found at NOAA stations in 2009, and the heat-bias distortion problem is even worse now

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL (July 27, 2022) – A new study, Corrupted Climate Stations: The Official U.S. Surface Temperature Record Remains Fatally Flawed, finds approximately 96 percent of U.S. temperature stations used to measure climate change fail to meet what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) considers to be “acceptable” and uncorrupted placement by its own published standards.

This is why we laugh at all this silly AGW bullshit

1661131243586.png

“[T]he 1079 emails and 72 documents seem indeed evidence of a scandal involving most of the most prominent scientists pushing the man-made warming theory - a scandal that is one of the greatest in modern science. […] emails suggesting conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organized resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.” (Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun)

This is why we laugh at all this silly AGW bullshit

View attachment 685589

“[T]he 1079 emails and 72 documents seem indeed evidence of a scandal involving most of the most prominent scientists pushing the man-made warming theory - a scandal that is one of the greatest in modern science. […] emails suggesting conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organized resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.” (Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun)
And that you believe this graph is why we laugh at you. Have you ever looked at Roy Spencer's latest deceit and deception

Here is a valid comparison between model runs and observations. This graph was made shortly after Spencer put out the original version of the above piece of shit so the data end in 2013:
1661133899815.png

Go to the provided link to get a clear and undeniable explanation of how Spencer fudged the data to produce his chart. There are NUMEROUS critical articles about the work of Dr Spencer and his sidekick Dr Christy. I strongly suggest you give them at least a quick perusal. Then, if you like, search for citations of Dr Spencer's work, ie, effective approvals of his work by other published scientists. I wish you luck with that.

Last edited:
Remember this?....It was a Shepard Smith wet dream prediction.

Forecasters at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, are predicting above-average hurricane activity this year which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season. NOAA's outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to November 30, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

For the 2022 hurricane season, NOAA is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

:oops8:

...Yet we're supposed to accept their prediction about climate change and basically destroy the middle class and entire sectors of the economy based on a handful of elite people in Washington DC.

They better hurry up --- it's already late August and no hurricanes yet.

Now they name the "storms" when there's a little rain or snow. It's just all clickbait from the Weather Channel.

We had a Dem administration in the County that would phone everybody and warn them it was about to rain. I kid you not. This really happened. People got fed up and a Republican administration stopped it.

Now they name the "storms" when there's a little rain or snow. It's just all clickbait from the Weather Channel.

We had a Dem administration in the County that would phone everybody and warn them it was about to rain. I kid you not. This really happened. People got fed up and a Republican administration stopped it.

The Weather Channel is out to make money and will tell you anything to get you to buy the products they advertise ... not so with the NWS, so we'll always get better science from the government ... it's the science that breaks down after 24 hours ...

There's only 50 to 60 tropical cyclones in any given year worldwide ... and we'll see this many cold-core cyclones in any given instant ... this makes cold-core storms basically pervasive over the USA, we see one all the time someplace, sometimes three or four storms spinning at once over the contiguous USA ... add to this that tropical cyclones are far far more powerful ... thus ...

We name these far more destructive storms to alert the general public ... no other reason ... and we confine these names to these more powerful storms so we don't fatigue the public ... people will ignore the phone when the "Dem administration in the County" called about rain, so the People will ignore the phone when an EF-5 tornado is bearing down ... same with named storms, if we want these names to mean anything, then we MUST limit naming to the storms to those that need to be followed ... and cold-core storms don't need to be followed as closely ...

I hinted at this with the comment about gender identity ... people will ignore the "Category 4" if the name is Fluffy Bunny, but name a Tropical Storm Curt the Castrater and Miami residents will evacuate to Chicago ... people take masculine named storm more serious than feminine names ... fucking people deserve to die ...

I think the OP ran away crying ... his little temper tantrum came up empty ... "at what wind speed should we start naming storms?" ... ROFL ...

The Weather Channel is out to make money and will tell you anything to get you to buy the products they advertise ... not so with the NWS, so we'll always get better science from the government ... it's the science that breaks down after 24 hours ...

There's only 50 to 60 tropical cyclones in any given year worldwide ... and we'll see this many cold-core cyclones in any given instant ... this makes cold-core storms basically pervasive over the USA, we see one all the time someplace, sometimes three or four storms spinning at once over the contiguous USA ... add to this that tropical cyclones are far far more powerful ... thus ...

We name these far more destructive storms to alert the general public ... no other reason ... and we confine these names to these more powerful storms so we don't fatigue the public ... people will ignore the phone when the "Dem administration in the County" called about rain, so the People will ignore the phone when an EF-5 tornado is bearing down ... same with named storms, if we want these names to mean anything, then we MUST limit naming to the storms to those that need to be followed ... and cold-core storms don't need to be followed as closely ...

I hinted at this with the comment about gender identity ... people will ignore the "Category 4" if the name is Fluffy Bunny, but name a Tropical Storm Curt the Castrater and Miami residents will evacuate to Chicago ... people take masculine named storm more serious than feminine names ... fucking people deserve to die ...

I think the OP ran away crying ... his little temper tantrum came up empty ... "at what wind speed should we start naming storms?" ... ROFL ...
Nice post.

I can remember when the hurricanes only had female names. A lot of us got pretty fed up with the tired old joke that "Hurricane Hilda was no lady." So okay with the male storms.

I get so sick of the Weather Channel and their "baseball size hail." Every summer thunderstorm was going to have killer hail for awhile. Then they started naming rain storms!! That is just sorry. I really hate the Weather Channel, they are ALWAYS wrong, fail the most elementary look-out-the-window tests, and constantly hype the weather into Storm of the Century and Sharknado.

Husbands tend to like weather-TV-watching but whenever one actually wants to see what the forecast is, they've got the 764th rerun of getting big trucks turned upright again after they go off the road and turn over.

If I could, I would never look at another worthless weather forecast as long as I live.

Nice post.

I can remember when the hurricanes only had female names. A lot of us got pretty fed up with the tired old joke that "Hurricane Hilda was no lady." So okay with the male storms.

I get so sick of the Weather Channel and their "baseball size hail." Every summer thunderstorm was going to have killer hail for awhile. Then they started naming rain storms!! That is just sorry. I really hate the Weather Channel, they are ALWAYS wrong, fail the most elementary look-out-the-window tests, and constantly hype the weather into Storm of the Century and Sharknado.

Husbands tend to like weather-TV-watching but whenever one actually wants to see what the forecast is, they've got the 764th rerun of getting big trucks turned upright again after they go off the road and turn over.

If I could, I would never look at another worthless weather forecast as long as I live.
If I want a snapshot of my local weather I go to weather underground......Ignore the 10-day it's only good for 36-48 hours max.

Forum List

Back