Hundreds Show up at Florida School Board Meeting. Dems, how does that make you feel?

What in the actual fuck are you talking about and what does it have to do with anything we have discussed, or even the post you quoted?

Have you been huffing aerosols?

View attachment 790787

You do realize that when you look stupid, cognizant people aren't likely to side with you even if they agree because they prefer not to look just as stupid.

What? You have been raving, name calling and carrying on and did not even know you were in a thread Hundreds Show up at Florida School Board Meeting. Dems, how does that make you feel? , about a school board meeting where local parents, teachers, kids, and community member got to speak out against what you wanted, against the right wing position, after a teacher showed a movie you don't approve of whether you have seen it or not? Now you act as though you did not know what the thread was about?
I mean, if the hard right can't control a local school board meeting at county level, in a deep deep red county, do you really have any option for success, other than the state taking over the local district, so nobody has to listen to parents, teachers, kids and community people? I am just trying do figure out if you are in favor of that, or what possible other tactics to win your culture war, you have that might be effective to get your way, whether parents, teachers, the kids, and the community want it or not, and mind, 41 percentage point Republican counties don't grow on trees, and if you can't control the school board meeting there, you can't control them anywhere.

What? You have been raving, name calling and carrying on and did not even know you were in a thread Hundreds Show up at Florida School Board Meeting. Dems, how does that make you feel? , about a school board meeting where local parents, teachers, kids, and community member got to speak out against what you wanted, against the right wing position, after a teacher showed a movie you don't approve of whether you have seen it or not? Now you act as though you did not know what the thread was about?
I mean, if the hard right can't control a local school board meeting at county level, in a deep deep red county, do you really have any option for success, other than the state taking over the local district, so nobody has to listen to parents, teachers, kids and community people? I am just trying do figure out if you are in favor of that, or what possible other tactics to win your culture war, you have that might be effective to get your way, whether parents, teachers, the kids, and the community want it or not, and mind, 41 percentage point Republican counties don't grow on trees, and if you can't control the school board meeting there, you can't control them anywhere.
I have been talking to YOU SPECIFICALLY about PE and the fact that it's not a benefit to society but a tumor that needs to be removed. Whatever other shit you're trying to piss and moan about interests me in not the slightest bit.

You acknowledge massive waste in government and admit complicity to it. You don't care if government agencies and policies are detrimental to the public, as long as your party is empowered by it, you feel contented. That's the state of your character, you've documented it. You're the type who reports the successful application of Zxyklon-B in this mornings selections. I've got enough data to draw that conclusion there.

All your other bullshit isn't interesting to me.

I have been talking to YOU SPECIFICALLY about PE and the fact that it's not a benefit to society but a tumor that needs to be removed. Whatever other shit you're trying to piss and moan about interests me in not the slightest bit.

You acknowledge massive waste in government and admit complicity to it. You don't care if government agencies and policies are detrimental to the public, as long as your party is empowered by it, you feel contented. That's the state of your character, you've documented it. You're the type who reports the successful application of Zxyklon-B in this mornings selections. I've got enough data to draw that conclusion there.

All your other bullshit isn't interesting to me.
I have never seen the Independents particularly benefitted from you guys or the Democrats consistently, that is why neither of the two political parties can count on my vote or my silence, but I am a realist. It comes from being around this long, so I don't get too excited by the party platform or their identification of what they think is the main problem, that will end this long-running experiment in representative government, running since 1776.

I do think bullying is a fundamental problem in our society that leads to suicide, rampages, serial killers, pedophilia and all around conservativism.
I think confusion leads to depression which results in suicide. to deliberately confuse adolescents who are going through raging hormones and puberty is abuse far worse than kids bullying each other.

It's not okay. That's up to the parents.
Nope. If their little bastard is picking on Timmy because he Timmy has 2 dads, it's not up to Bill and Tammy Homophobe.

That's why we send your kids to school. So we can unfuck them up. Unbrain wash them. Save them from their fucked up parents.

Nope. If their little bastard is picking on Timmy because he Timmy has 2 dads, it's not up to Bill and Tammy Homophobe.

That's why we send your kids to school. So we can unfuck them up. Unbrain wash them. Save them from their fucked up parents.
You're delusional. They're not your kids. Your arrogant ass will soon be kicked to the curb.

I have never seen the Independents particularly benefitted from you guys or the Democrats consistently, that is why neither of the two political parties can count on my vote or my silence, but I am a realist. It comes from being around this long, so I don't get too excited by the party platform or their identification of what they think is the main problem, that will end this long-running experiment in representative government, running since 1776.
Me guys? Are you asserting I'm a republicrat?

I'll agree the body public of The USA has not been well served by any political whores, of either criminal syndicate, but you don't appear to merely "lean democrat" on some of these issues. I'll acknowledge you could be accused of being a republicrat on some issues if it makes you happy or something.

That said, from the first response I made to a post I read from you...

You were asserting republicrats were "attacking" teachers and public education in Florida, and snarkily implied that was the reason no one wants to teach kids in Fl Public schools as well as the destruction of schools being their objective, which is complete bullshit. I called you out on your bullshit and pointed out how the actions of people who "lean democrat" are the cause of declining schools, pathetic results, and a criminal waste of tax dollars. I asserted it was deliberate, an agenda of "people who lean democrat" to destroy public education as they were designing it. In the first place I think Woodrow Wilson was documented as implying they system was being established to create more skilled and literate labor resources, certainly NOT an informed and wise public.

If you're going to finally admit government is a disaster in need of massive reform and expulsion of thousands of petty bureaucrooks that's a great first step, like dumping all your spray paint cans and giving your Home Depot Card to your wife. Next you need to accept the fact your team kicked the supports out from under the stands and that when the pissed off people escape the wreckage they'll be lookin for YOU, not me.

You're delusional. They're not your kids. Your arrogant ass will soon be kicked to the curb.
The pendulum swings both ways pal. When I was a kid my hot teacher showed us how to put a condom on a banana. Parents were outraged. Your kids won't be as uptight as you. So have fun getting old and thinking you won. You didn't

Me guys? Are you asserting I'm a republicrat?

I'll agree the body public of The USA has not been well served by any political whores, of either criminal syndicate, but you don't appear to merely "lean democrat" on some of these issues. I'll acknowledge you could be accused of being a republicrat on some issues if it makes you happy or something.

That said, from the first response I made to a post I read from you...

You were asserting republicrats were "attacking" teachers and public education in Florida, and snarkily implied that was the reason no one wants to teach kids in Fl Public schools as well as the destruction of schools being their objective, which is complete bullshit. I called you out on your bullshit and pointed out how the actions of people who "lean democrat" are the cause of declining schools, pathetic results, and a criminal waste of tax dollars. I asserted it was deliberate, an agenda of "people who lean democrat" to destroy public education as they were designing it. In the first place I think Woodrow Wilson was documented as implying they system was being established to create more skilled and literate labor resources, certainly NOT an informed and wise public.

If you're going to finally admit government is a disaster in need of massive reform and expulsion of thousands of petty bureaucrooks that's a great first step, like dumping all your spray paint cans and giving your Home Depot Card to your wife. Next you need to accept the fact your team kicked the supports out from under the stands and that when the pissed off people escape the wreckage they'll be lookin for YOU, not me.
Dude, there was a similar article today in the Washington Post, that I ran across on Memorandum. Since you seemed so upset, I naturally assumed you to be Republican and possibly right wing republican. I was simply responding to the OP Post after stopping to read the entire article. The country having dropped their action against the teacher even before the school board meeting, where the majority of folk basically sided with the teacher. It is not my school district and I really don't care, but do like to hear of school board meetings where over a hundred show up to make their voices heard above the power party political line, and found it very interesting, it was a county with that high a Republican Party support history, but not keeping quiet to support it, in this culture war skirmish. I got the impression they were more concerned with the 50 teachers announcing they were leaving the school system, that already is 150 instructors short, and the party running another 50 our with the culture war in the classroom. I don't know if you ever tried to come up with 50 bachelors degree, with teaching certificates recognized you your state within 3 months or not, that would also pass an interview setting, or not, but it does not sound like a great position to be in, and I believe the Republicans may have run off their school superintendant, to boot. So, those teachers, students and parents had more important concerns than a teacher showing a Disney movie.

Dude, there was a similar article today in the Washington Post, that I ran across on Memorandum. Since you seemed so upset, I naturally assumed you to be Republican and possibly right wing republican. I was simply responding to the OP Post after stopping to read the entire article. The country having dropped their action against the teacher even before the school board meeting, where the majority of folk basically sided with the teacher. It is not my school district and I really don't care, but do like to hear of school board meetings where over a hundred show up to make their voices heard above the power party political line, and found it very interesting, it was a county with that high a Republican Party support history, but not keeping quiet to support it, in this culture war skirmish. I got the impression they were more concerned with the 50 teachers announcing they were leaving the school system, that already is 150 instructors short, and the party running another 50 our with the culture war in the classroom. I don't know if you ever tried to come up with 50 bachelors degree, with teaching certificates recognized you your state within 3 months or not, that would also pass an interview setting, or not, but it does not sound like a great position to be in, and I believe the Republicans may have run off their school superintendant, to boot. So, those teachers, students and parents had more important concerns than a teacher showing a Disney movie.
Bullshit irritates me, especially when it's bullshit posted by someone I believe KNOWS BETTER, but posts it anyway for reasons I can not comprehend. My political beliefs aside, your assertion was that republicans were on some sort of religious attack and purging schools of witches and George Sorcery. So yeah, I got animated and made it clear that there wouldn't be a "culture war" if a certain group wasn't perceived as manipulating our culture for a nefarious objective.

I mean seriously though right? Why would anyone believe a bunch of carnival freaks are trying to influence children? The entire idea is absurd right?

Of course if parents at a school board meeting do cause teachers and administrators to leave it may have just as much to do with their incompetence, malevolence and culpability for things that ought to result in prosecutions I'd bet. PE around the country is infested with people who have absolutely no business alone in a room with children for any reason, least of all to "teach them", and to top it off many of the universities that issue these credentials should be sued for malpractice because they're producing some dangerously stupid products.

What else are you not happy about? Segregation? Biracial marriage? What else do you miss? We overheard Republicans recently missing the days they could get away with lynching blacks.

They used to say this isn't your fathers Republican party but now I think it is.
/----/ "We overheard Republicans recently missing the days they could get away with lynching blacks."
You were listening to democRATs.
Lynchings were also (in part) intended as a voter suppression tool. A 2019 study found that lynchings occurred more frequently in proximity to elections, in particular in areas where the Democratic Party faced challenges.[11]

According to historian Ty Seidule, lynchings as a tool to "ensure racial control effectively"[12] was replaced by the death penalty.[13]

This is why we insist your kids go to school. Gets them away from you kooky parents for a few hours. And stop using public schools as babysitters. You should send your kids to private schools. Who by the way, have the right to talk about being gay. Because they are private for profit business'

We just want to explain why Billy has 2 dads.
Billy has a dad and a mom ... a biological mom and dad ...

you are no independent .

Bullshit irritates me, especially when it's bullshit posted by someone I believe KNOWS BETTER, but posts it anyway for reasons I can not comprehend. My political beliefs aside, your assertion was that republicans were on some sort of religious attack and purging schools of witches and George Sorcery. So yeah, I got animated and made it clear that there wouldn't be a "culture war" if a certain group wasn't perceived as manipulating our culture for a nefarious objective.

I mean seriously though right? Why would anyone believe a bunch of carnival freaks are trying to influence children? The entire idea is absurd right?

Of course if parents at a school board meeting do cause teachers and administrators to leave it may have just as much to do with their incompetence, malevolence and culpability for things that ought to result in prosecutions I'd bet. PE around the country is infested with people who have absolutely no business alone in a room with children for any reason, least of all to "teach them", and to top it off many of the universities that issue these credentials should be sued for malpractice because they're producing some dangerously stupid products.
That is just it. We are up here, Tennessee, Texas, Kansas, Ohio and others responding to the OP's thread post. We don't really know if there really are carnival freaks, perverts, radical grooming teachers or any of the happy horse sh#t we are reading in the accusations from the politician, but then we get to multiple outlets reporting on the school board meeting, where parents, teachers, students administers and board member are present and quoted, and reported locally and nationally, coming to the the real concerns and opinions of those locals, actually affected by DeSantis war against pervs and dirty books in the Florida schools, finding out, the affected ones appear to be more harmed and disrupted by the culture war, than any Disney movie related to an earth science lesson shown during break. There appears to always be the protest story, with political reaction and fervor, than the real situation affecting the local people, unheard until hundreds of locals show up for a school board meeting that usually draws 35 - 45 including the board itself, and the local normal people involved get to speak, and it turns out the overblown problem is nowhere near as important or serious as what the politically pushed narrative damage has caused everybody actually involved locally. The radical board member that brought it to light and pushed the narrative, is the one the parents, kids, community people, administrator think is the problem and wish she would step down for the good of the schools. This stuff fascinates me. It is democracy in action, free speech and open meetings, the meat and potatoes, people speaking out to identify and move toward resolution of what the real problem is. Now we get to hear the political feedback. Although the county had dropped their investigation and any action against the teacher, there is still DeSantis' state investigation, but now after the community speaks, where does it go? Go away quietly after the actual community spoke? Action the teacher anyway, to stick to their narrative, community be damned? What about the board member, the community sees as the real problem? Stay to push the agenda and make more problems for the school system, she is on the board of or find a graceful if possible exit? Who becomes the winners and who loses? Aw, real life in the real world, rather than just the stuff of ideologue pundits and the movers and shakers. You gotta love.

This is why we insist your kids go to school. Gets them away from you kooky parents for a few hours. And stop using public schools as babysitters. You should send your kids to private schools. Who by the way, have the right to talk about being gay. Because they are private for profit business'

We just want to explain why Billy has 2 dads.

So, you want to sexualize a child who has no concept of sex.

That is against the law, dumbfuck.

Support for what, though? She had already resigned well before she decided to show that movie. The district has completed their investigation and taken no adverse action against her.

Her only problem is the slowness of the State Board. I've known teachers in Texas who had complaints and the idea seems to be to keep the claim open for a couple of years to look like they took it serously, since there is rarely any evidence, other than an angry parent.

Each "investigator" assigned to the case just wants to drag it out so that the next investigator will have to be the one to tell crazy mom that it wasn't abuse that a male teacher sent her innocent angel to the principal for showing too much cleavage.

My fellow conservatives are playing a stupid game, and they will win stupid prizes.

The game is Villains and Heroes.

So now the public schools/teachers are Villains and the parents are all Heroes. Truly, certainly, no crazy parents would ever get their knickers in a twist over stupid crap and make stupid reports to principals, admin, and state boards. Right? I mean look around. The population is completely sane. Yes? Including parents.

For the millionth time: my fellow conservatives got real stupid and decided to find out what happens when you try Defund the Police but with teachers.

Nothing good will happen, but the dopamine rush from ragging on your Villain du Jour sure feels good. Right?

That is just it. We are up here, Tennessee, Texas, Kansas, Ohio and others responding to the OP's thread post. We don't really know if there really are carnival freaks, perverts, radical grooming teachers or any of the happy horse sh#t we are reading in the accusations from the politician, but then we get to multiple outlets reporting on the school board meeting, where parents, teachers, students administers and board member are present and quoted, and reported locally and nationally, coming to the the real concerns and opinions of those locals, actually affected by DeSantis war against pervs and dirty books in the Florida schools, finding out, the affected ones appear to be more harmed and disrupted by the culture war, than any Disney movie related to an earth science lesson shown during break. There appears to always be the protest story, with political reaction and fervor, than the real situation affecting the local people, unheard until hundreds of locals show up for a school board meeting that usually draws 35 - 45 including the board itself, and the local normal people involved get to speak, and it turns out the overblown problem is nowhere near as important or serious as what the politically pushed narrative damage has caused everybody actually involved locally. The radical board member that brought it to light and pushed the narrative, is the one the parents, kids, community people, administrator think is the problem and wish she would step down for the good of the schools. This stuff fascinates me. It is democracy in action, free speech and open meetings, the meat and potatoes, people speaking out to identify and move toward resolution of what the real problem is. Now we get to hear the political feedback. Although the county had dropped their investigation and any action against the teacher, there is still DeSantis' state investigation, but now after the community speaks, where does it go? Go away quietly after the actual community spoke? Action the teacher anyway, to stick to their narrative, community be damned? What about the board member, the community sees as the real problem? Stay to push the agenda and make more problems for the school system, she is on the board of or find a graceful if possible exit? Who becomes the winners and who loses? Aw, real life in the real world, rather than just the stuff of ideologue pundits and the movers and shakers. You gotta love.
you keep defending the indefensable.

you keep defending the indefensable.
Get serious. Your problem is not in Tennessee, at least not in Jackson. My grandkids are not going to be affected. The youngest is 10 and would tell us. The oldest is 16, almost 17 and if you made the wrong move, she might punch you in the throat and knows surprise and planned follow through is the secret to a devastating punch. So, I don't plan to or need to defend anything, nor be to emotionally upset at what is going on in this country or some other. I don't particularly find the pile on by the extreme right, entertaining or have anything to prove to anybody I consider worthy to need to prove anything to. I was defending nothing and nobody in this thread, only admiring the normal community that lives there, speaking it's mind, zeroing in on the real (not trumped up) problems of that school, that school district, that community, in the face of political heat from the political powers that be and it's affect on the school, the kids and the teachers and parent.

I am certainly not saying your concerns were not appropriate if that was what was affecting them most. I am saying, "What if the media, the loud right-wing, anti-LGBTQ politician and political debaters have failed to identify the most pressing problem in that school, and they would prefer to be left alone, without the political spotlight and focus that is doing more damage to the school system than some teacher showing a PG Disney movie? What about the 15,000 locals that is two weeks signed the petition for the school board member (singular) to step down, shut up and stop the onslaught of attack on her perceived problem, in the face of the negative effects it is having on the school, the kids and public education it is apparently having there. I don't know if you have ever tried to circulate a local petition that gets that many signatures in two weeks, but it is a hell of a statement, and there is no 15,000plus local petition to have that teacher fire and jailed. I simply do not presume to know more about their situation, than the locals. It is all well and good for the politicians, pundits and internet rabble from thousands of miles away to sound off, but what if they are misguided and the locals having to deal with the pressure, loss of teachers quitting (150 short in that district and another 50 signing resignations) at an unprecedented rate there are right, in that the vocal masses from outside the community need to get out of it, and leave them to know what is best for their kids, in that overwhelmingly Republican conservative district?

Forum List

Back