Human rights lawyer to Trump: Shooting people for stealing things is murder

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property

I disagree with that law. Because basically you have to put yourself in a position to be killed, before you can stop a looter.

Basically you just have to watch as they destroy your life.

So the solution is to just allow the wild animals to burn as many building as they want, and loot as many stores as they want.
Did they arrest anyone burning a building?? How do you know the business owner didn't.
Jesus you’re a retard.

Just a question. Why would bankrupted businesses try and burn their business in a riot? I even think the cops might of set fire to their prescient. Who knows, apparently no one.

No, I can't see any reason why a business owner would set fire to his own business.

That's not logical.

In fact, for many business owners, that business is like a member of the family. Let a pet dog. That's why having looters come and wreck your business is emotionally on the same level as setting your family on fire, like killing your dog, or raping your daughter.

Emotionally its on the level. Most women don't really understand that about men generally.... but it's almost universally true. That business is the owners baby, that he loves and cares for.

I disagree with that law. Because basically you have to put yourself in a position to be killed, before you can stop a looter.

Basically you just have to watch as they destroy your life.

Frankly this is what government is for.

Yeah, no. When sentiment like the image below exists, shooting is justified. When people destroy your property and your livelihood, shooting is justified. People have a right to defend their property.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

So is your punctuation, spelling, and grammar. But then again, that's all the argument you had, wasn't it?
I think killing a looter is against the law. Your wrong.
Maybe in minnesota, I dont know

but there are 49 other states where the law may be different

Possibly in some states, I remember I read something about it awhile ago.
-------------------------------------------------------

Even in states with "stand your ground" laws, there are limits on when deadly force is allowed. Some states have a duty to retreat, which requires people to retreat from the threat as much as possible before responding with force. But nearly all states limit the use of deadly force under stand your ground laws to defending yourself in the face of great bodily harm or death, not your storefront. So, shooting someone who may kill or seriously injure you might be defensible, but shooting a person who steals from your store may not be.

Defending Your Castle

Many states also employ what's known as the "castle doctrine," which, while similar to stand your ground, is limited to real property like your home or, in some states, your place of business. Generally speaking, the castle doctrine simply removes the duty to retreat if you are already in your house or store. However, the threat of death or personal injury must still be present before you can respond with lethal force.

So, even though you might not get into trouble for posting a "Looters Will Be Shot" sign, you may get in trouble for shooting looters. According to some reports, New Orleans police officers were authorized to shoot looters in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. But some of those officers were convicted of murder for doing exactly that.
Protection of One’s Own Property
Under Texas Penal Code §9.42, a person may use deadly force against another to protect land or property if:

1. He is the owner of the land;
  2. He reasonably believes using the force is immediately necessary to prevent arson, burglary, or robbery; and
  3. He reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Deadly force? I see it is in Texas. I can't believe property is worth a life. Wow.

Why not? People work hard for their shit. And you have no right to come and take it.

Yeah, no. When sentiment like the image below exists, shooting is justified. When people destroy your property and your livelihood, shooting is justified. People have a right to defend their property.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

So is your punctuation, spelling, and grammar. But then again, that's all the argument you had, wasn't it?

Even in states with "stand your ground" laws, there are limits on when deadly force is allowed. Some states have a duty to retreat, which requires people to retreat from the threat as much as possible before responding with force. But nearly all states limit the use of deadly force under stand your ground laws to defending yourself in the face of great bodily harm or death, not your storefront. So, shooting someone who may kill or seriously injure you might be defensible, but shooting a person who steals from your store may not be.

Defending Your Castle

Many states also employ what's known as the "castle doctrine," which, while similar to stand your ground, is limited to real property like your home or, in some states, your place of business. Generally speaking, the castle doctrine simply removes the duty to retreat if you are already in your house or store. However, the threat of death or personal injury must still be present before you can respond with lethal force.

So, even though you might not get into trouble for posting a "Looters Will Be Shot" sign, you may get in trouble for shooting looters. According to some reports, New Orleans police officers were authorized to shoot looters in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. But some of those officers were convicted of murder for doing exactly that.
Under Texas Penal Code §9.42, a person may use deadly force against another to protect land or property if:

2. He reasonably believes using the force is immediately necessary to prevent arson, burglary, or robbery; and
  3. He reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Deadly force? I see it is in Texas. I can't believe property is worth a life. Wow.
Says the criminal lover who wants to allow thieves to steal what ever they like.
No I just wouldn't kill a robber, but I will report it to the police.
Would you kill a rapist?

(choose your words carefully)

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

Defending Your Castle

Says the criminal lover who wants to allow thieves to steal what ever they like.
Would you kill a rapist?

She would if he didn't do it right!

1590814042862.png

I predict a hung jury!

Owner arrested and remains jailed for shooting Looter dead outside his Jewlery Pawnshop during unrest as the business was significantly damage & looted

Calvin L. Horton Jr., 43, of Minneapolis, was fatally shot outside a pawnshop Wednesday night on East Lake Street near S. Bloomington Avenue, according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office.

Horton suffered wounds to his chest and other upper extremities, the examiner's office announced. Two officers responded to the scene outside the pawnshop and administered first aid to Horton until medics arrived. He was taken to HCMC, where he died.

A 59-year-old man from Galesville, Wis., who owns Cadillac Jewelry, was arrested that night and remains jailed ahead of possible murder charges. The Star Tribune generally does not identify suspects before they are charged.

Police have yet to disclose a motive for the shooting, but police sources said the owner suspected the man was involved in the looting. The Minneapolis, Minnesota storefront suffered significant damage and was looted that night.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property Experts say deadly force can't be used to fend off looters, unless they're also threatening to harm store employees.

Last edited:
This should be an interesting debate. Under the law, is the national guard allowed to shoot people who are looting target? President Trump that looters will be shot.
(Please cite the relevant law when answering the question. Thanks).

He never said the guard would be shooting people, the fact you think like that or spin words to say that is disturbing, a sign of a sociopathic mind.
Please seek council.

I predict a hung jury!

Owner arrested and remains jailed for shooting Looter dead outside his Jewlery Pawnshop during unrest as the business was significantly damage & looted

Calvin L. Horton Jr., 43, of Minneapolis, was fatally shot outside a pawnshop Wednesday night on East Lake Street near S. Bloomington Avenue, according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office.

Horton suffered wounds to his chest and other upper extremities, the examiner's office announced. Two officers responded to the scene outside the pawnshop and administered first aid to Horton until medics arrived. He was taken to HCMC, where he died.

A 59-year-old man from Galesville, Wis., who owns Cadillac Jewelry, was arrested that night and remains jailed ahead of possible murder charges. The Star Tribune generally does not identify suspects before they are charged.

Police have yet to disclose a motive for the shooting, but police sources said the owner suspected the man was involved in the looting. The Minneapolis, Minnesota storefront suffered significant damage and was looted that night.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property Experts say deadly force can't be used to fend off looters, unless they're also threatening to harm store employees.
But he might do some time like ex-cop for shooting looter after Katrina

This should be an interesting debate. Under the law, is the national guard allowed to shoot people who are looting target? President Trump that looters will be shot.
(Please cite the relevant law when answering the question. Thanks).

I think shooting these animals is to nice.. blow torch, A pack of wild hyenas, I would let Dylan roof out for a could of weeks ha

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

Defending Your Castle

Would you kill a rapist?

Only if she was fat,,,,,

If a person illegally enters my house, yeah, they're gonna get shot.
If you live in Texas, they won't even hardly question you.

In Texas, one has no rights if one unlawfully go into someone else's house for any reason whatsoever, and the consequences can be (typically are) fatal for the intruder.

Forum List

Back