Human rights lawyer to Trump: Shooting people for stealing things is murder

This should be an interesting debate. Under the law, is the national guard allowed to shoot people who are looting target? President Trump that looters will be shot.
(Please cite the relevant law when answering the question. Thanks).

Incorrect.

The looters got what was coming.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property
So the solution is to just allow the wild animals to burn as many building as they want, and loot as many stores as they want.
Did they arrest anyone burning a building?? How do you know the business owner didn't.

This should be an interesting debate. Under the law, is the national guard allowed to shoot people who are looting target? President Trump that looters will be shot.

If you shoot a looter for breaking into your house and looting rather than trying to flee the scene, you'll likely be charged with murder.

Not in my state. Breaking into a house is considered breech of castle doctrine. In my state shoot him.

My question is how else are you going to stop people from committing criminal and life threatening acts? Letting people riot and loot and arson at will is not an option. I suspect that 90% of the country believes that officer should be arrested and charged with murder and a similar number believe that looting and arson and destroying your community should not be tolerated. We are all generally on the same page here so why the divisiveness?

Yeah, no. When sentiment like the image below exists, shooting is justified. When people destroy your property and your livelihood, shooting is justified. People have a right to defend their property.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

So is your punctuation, spelling, and grammar. But then again, that's all the argument you had, wasn't it?
I think killing a looter is against the law. Your wrong.

This is just a liberal loon making up laws for his convenience

the lib lawyer does not know what he’s talking about

In my OP I asked my respondents to cite the law in question.

The lawyer is trying to make new law

Occupational hazard.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Yeah, no. When sentiment like the image below exists, shooting is justified. When people destroy your property and your livelihood, shooting is justified. People have a right to defend their property.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

So is your punctuation, spelling, and grammar. But then again, that's all the argument you had, wasn't it?
Maybe in minnesota, I dont know

but there are 49 other states where the law may be different

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

Maybe in minnesota, I dont know

but there are 49 other states where the law may be different

Possibly in some states, I remember I read something about it awhile ago.
-------------------------------------------------------

Even in states with "stand your ground" laws, there are limits on when deadly force is allowed. Some states have a duty to retreat, which requires people to retreat from the threat as much as possible before responding with force. But nearly all states limit the use of deadly force under stand your ground laws to defending yourself in the face of great bodily harm or death, not your storefront. So, shooting someone who may kill or seriously injure you might be defensible, but shooting a person who steals from your store may not be.

Defending Your Castle

Many states also employ what's known as the "castle doctrine," which, while similar to stand your ground, is limited to real property like your home or, in some states, your place of business. Generally speaking, the castle doctrine simply removes the duty to retreat if you are already in your house or store. However, the threat of death or personal injury must still be present before you can respond with lethal force.

So, even though you might not get into trouble for posting a "Looters Will Be Shot" sign, you may get in trouble for shooting looters. According to some reports, New Orleans police officers were authorized to shoot looters in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. But some of those officers were convicted of murder for doing exactly that.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property

~~~~~~
However, Minnesota is a Castle Doctrine state. Castle Doctrine applies when a person is resisting or preventing an offense which the individual reasonably believes exposes the person or another to great bodily harm or death. It also applies when preventing the commission of a felony in the person’s place of abode.

Perhaps there are variations by state, but in Minnesota, deadly force when applied to protecting property appears requiring meeting a national security standard:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2017-title32-vol4/xml/CFR-2017-title32-vol4-part632.xml

 "632.4Deadly force.(a) Deadly force is destructive physical force directed against a person or persons (e.g., firing a lethal weapon). Use it only in extreme need, when all lesser means have failed or cannot reasonably be used.

"Use deadly force for one or more of the following reasons only:(1) In self-defense, when in imminent danger of death or serious injury.(2)

"To protect property related to national security, when reasonably necessary to prevent—(i)

"Threatened theft, damage, or espionage aimed at property or information specified by a commander or other competent authority as vital to national security. (See paragraph (b) of this section.)(ii)

"Actual theft, damage, or espionage aimed at property or information which, though not vital, is substantially important to national security. (See paragraph (b) of this section.)"

So, he tells Trump that shooting people who are stealing is murder (it's not), but then TELLS THE MILITARY TO GET READY TO KILL THE PRESIDENT???

:laughing0301:

It is the perfect concoction of commie leftist irony.

low-angle-view-scarecrow-against-cloudy-sky-562838541-5aaf18adfa6bcc00360a609c.jpg

:icon_rolleyes:
Trump never said the National Guard should shoot looters in the first place, you fucking idiot.

Come in my house without being invited and shooting you is the first thing that will happen. Fuck looter scum.

Perhaps there are variations by state, but in Minnesota, deadly force when applied to protecting property appears requiring meeting a national security standard:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CFR-2017-title32-vol4/xml/CFR-2017-title32-vol4-part632.xml

 "632.4Deadly force.(a) Deadly force is destructive physical force directed against a person or persons (e.g., firing a lethal weapon). Use it only in extreme need, when all lesser means have failed or cannot reasonably be used.

"Use deadly force for one or more of the following reasons only:(1) In self-defense, when in imminent danger of death or serious injury.(2)

"To protect property related to national security, when reasonably necessary to prevent—(i)

"Threatened theft, damage, or espionage aimed at property or information specified by a commander or other competent authority as vital to national security. (See paragraph (b) of this section.)(ii)

"Actual theft, damage, or espionage aimed at property or information which, though not vital, is substantially important to national security. (See paragraph (b) of this section.)"

Did you see this part?

§ 632.2
Applicability.
(a) This regulation applies to all DA including Army National Guard and Army Reserve and civilian personnel engaged in law enforcement or security duties, and those civilian contract guard personnel performing security duties. These duties include guarding U.S. Military prisoners and interior guard duties.

(b) Except for personnel guarding U.S. military prisoners, this regulation does not apply to persons assigned to
(1) A wartime combat zone.​
(2) A non-wartime hostile fire area.​
(3) Duties with the U.S. Secret Service.​
(4) Civil disturbance control. (See para 4-12, FM 19-15.)​

Forum List

Back