Human rights lawyer to Trump: Shooting people for stealing things is murder

I take it you have never been in South Florida after a hurricane.
The saying when the looting starts the shooting starts is not just a motto it is standard operating procedure for home and business owners

‘His phrase "when the looting starts, the shooting starts," mirrors language used by a Miami police chief in the late 1960s in the wake of riots. Its use was immediately condemned by a wide array of individuals, from historians to members of rival political campaigns. Former Vice President and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden said Trump was "calling for violence against American citizens during a moment of pain for so many."

Twitter decided to affix a warning label to Trump's tweet — and an identical tweet later posted by the official White House Twitter account — for the first time, indicating that it violated the platform's rule against glorifying violence.’

It’s also a violation of the law – Trump is advocating for the murder of American citizens.

It’s imperative that Trump be voted out of office this November.

If police were predominantly black, and they were murdering white people for insignificant crimes, you can bet your ass that white men would be committing every type of violence imaginable to put a stop to it.

But they'd call themselves 'freedom fighters' or such.
Maybe.

I would be very disgusted if my fellow "white" dudes were on national television walking out of target with 5 TVs.

Yeah, no. When sentiment like the image below exists, shooting is justified. When people destroy your property and your livelihood, shooting is justified. People have a right to defend their property.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

So is your punctuation, spelling, and grammar. But then again, that's all the argument you had, wasn't it?
I think killing a looter is against the law. Your wrong.
Maybe in minnesota, I dont know

but there are 49 other states where the law may be different

Possibly in some states, I remember I read something about it awhile ago.
-------------------------------------------------------

Even in states with "stand your ground" laws, there are limits on when deadly force is allowed. Some states have a duty to retreat, which requires people to retreat from the threat as much as possible before responding with force. But nearly all states limit the use of deadly force under stand your ground laws to defending yourself in the face of great bodily harm or death, not your storefront. So, shooting someone who may kill or seriously injure you might be defensible, but shooting a person who steals from your store may not be.

Defending Your Castle

Many states also employ what's known as the "castle doctrine," which, while similar to stand your ground, is limited to real property like your home or, in some states, your place of business. Generally speaking, the castle doctrine simply removes the duty to retreat if you are already in your house or store. However, the threat of death or personal injury must still be present before you can respond with lethal force.

So, even though you might not get into trouble for posting a "Looters Will Be Shot" sign, you may get in trouble for shooting looters. According to some reports, New Orleans police officers were authorized to shoot looters in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. But some of those officers were convicted of murder for doing exactly that.
Protection of One’s Own Property
Under Texas Penal Code §9.42, a person may use deadly force against another to protect land or property if:

1. He is the owner of the land;
  2. He reasonably believes using the force is immediately necessary to prevent arson, burglary, or robbery; and
  3. He reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Deadly force? I see it is in Texas. I can't believe property is worth a life. Wow.
Says the criminal lover who wants to allow thieves to steal what ever they like.
No I just wouldn't kill a robber, but I will report it to the police.

Yeah, no. When sentiment like the image below exists, shooting is justified. When people destroy your property and your livelihood, shooting is justified. People have a right to defend their property.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

So is your punctuation, spelling, and grammar. But then again, that's all the argument you had, wasn't it?
By the end of Obama's Presidency there were minorities entering peoples homes because they could. There was no fear of appraisal. There was near anarchy in some cities with Antifa and BLM rioting at regular intervals. This time around there will be fewer surprises and many people are loaded to bear. A value of a human life works both ways. People entering another's home puts a bit of nervousness and fear into some. Weapons will go off. Is this what social justice is?

Screw this ACLU asshole. Trump didn't order NG to shoot the looters. He said when the looting begins, the shooting begins. Lefty dweebs twist that into "Trump orders looters shot" and the fake news plays right along. I think this country is getting tired of liberal jerkoffs twisting everything to defame Trump.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

Even in states with "stand your ground" laws, there are limits on when deadly force is allowed. Some states have a duty to retreat, which requires people to retreat from the threat as much as possible before responding with force. But nearly all states limit the use of deadly force under stand your ground laws to defending yourself in the face of great bodily harm or death, not your storefront. So, shooting someone who may kill or seriously injure you might be defensible, but shooting a person who steals from your store may not be.

Defending Your Castle

Many states also employ what's known as the "castle doctrine," which, while similar to stand your ground, is limited to real property like your home or, in some states, your place of business. Generally speaking, the castle doctrine simply removes the duty to retreat if you are already in your house or store. However, the threat of death or personal injury must still be present before you can respond with lethal force.

So, even though you might not get into trouble for posting a "Looters Will Be Shot" sign, you may get in trouble for shooting looters. According to some reports, New Orleans police officers were authorized to shoot looters in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. But some of those officers were convicted of murder for doing exactly that.
Under Texas Penal Code §9.42, a person may use deadly force against another to protect land or property if:

2. He reasonably believes using the force is immediately necessary to prevent arson, burglary, or robbery; and
  3. He reasonably believes that the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means.

Deadly force? I see it is in Texas. I can't believe property is worth a life. Wow.
Says the criminal lover who wants to allow thieves to steal what ever they like.
No I just wouldn't kill a robber, but I will report it to the police.
Perhaps you could, if you were still alive.

‘His phrase "when the looting starts, the shooting starts," mirrors language used by a Miami police chief in the late 1960s in the wake of riots. Its use was immediately condemned by a wide array of individuals, from historians to members of rival political campaigns. Former Vice President and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden said Trump was "calling for violence against American citizens during a moment of pain for so many."

Twitter decided to affix a warning label to Trump's tweet — and an identical tweet later posted by the official White House Twitter account — for the first time, indicating that it violated the platform's rule against glorifying violence.’

It’s also a violation of the law – Trump is advocating for the murder of American citizens.

It’s imperative that Trump be voted out of office this November.
Yes, let the criminals take over, moron.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

Defending Your Castle

Occupational hazard. You decide to riot, loot and pillage you may just get kilt.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

By the end of Obama's Presidency there were minorities entering peoples homes because they could. There was no fear of appraisal. There was near anarchy in some cities with Antifa and BLM rioting at regular intervals. This time around there will be fewer surprises and many people are loaded to bear. A value of a human life works both ways. People entering another's home puts a bit of nervousness and fear into some. Weapons will go off. Is this what social justice is?

I'm sure you delusional.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property
So the solution is to just allow the wild animals to burn as many building as they want, and loot as many stores as they want.
Did they arrest anyone burning a building?? How do you know the business owner didn't.
Jesus you’re a retard.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

I'm sure you delusional.
That old Prog trick needs to be updated. Don't you ever read stories from cities? Little one paragraph nuggets of info usually taken from a newspaper from its more hidden pages. The internet will actually show some of it. But it is not reported.

Minnesota law won't excuse killing to protect property
So the solution is to just allow the wild animals to burn as many building as they want, and loot as many stores as they want.
Did they arrest anyone burning a building?? How do you know the business owner didn't.
Jesus you’re a retard.

Just a question. Why would bankrupted businesses try and burn their business in a riot? I even think the cops might of set fire to their prescient. Who knows, apparently no one.

View attachment 342558

yet your wrong.

I'm sure you delusional.
That old Prog trick needs to be updated. Don't you ever read stories from cities? Little one paragraph nuggets of info usually taken from a newspaper from its more hidden pages. The internet will actually show some of it. But it is not reported.

Its not a old prog trick.

This should be an interesting debate. Under the law, is the national guard allowed to shoot people who are looting target? President Trump that looters will be shot.
(Please cite the relevant law when answering the question. Thanks).

Yeah, I wonder if how many times people broke into that lawyers home, and stole his stuff.
If people broke into his home, and looted and burned his things every week for a year, I wonder how much he'd be "oh well that's fine. Can't hurt them."

It's always rich people living in gated communities, living the elite life, that tell others you can't stop looters and criminals. That's why so many left-wingers are the elite.

Forum List

Back