How Trump is making the US the laughing stock of the world

You persist in trying to make this discussion and your objection to my post about me when it is not

rest of war and peace put out to pasture - but tell me, if it's *my* objection, how do you know the details behind it? you continue to tell what my post is about or intent is and to be honest, i don't even know.

so i really don't see how you could.

I think Trump is getting a lot more respect for America than Obama ever did. Talk about a laughing stock, Obama was a joke. That Iran deal, the Syria red line, kissing ass and bowing and scraping, apologizing left and right and leading from behind. At least Trump is telling the rest of the world that we can't defend them and pay for it too, it's about freakin' time somebody on our side grew a pair.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... remember all those worldwide protests against obama within the first 100 days of his presidency?

you don't?

me neither.

You persist in trying to make this discussion and your objection to my post about me when it is not

rest of war and peace put out to pasture - but tell me, if it's *my* objection, how do you know the details behind it? you continue to tell what my post is about or intent is and to be honest, i don't even know.

You keep sharing hypotheticals and outlandish abstractions under the guise of "anything's possible," and sharing what you think about me and aspects of my writing style (not content), rather than presenting a case that there's something rationally amiss with the reasoning behind my comments about the rudeness of Trump's shoving aside the Montenegrin president. Accordingly, how do you suppose I'd know what be your topically relevant objections to my assertion that Trump's behavior toward the man was rude and contributed, as the thread title posits, to making the U.S. "the laughing stock of the world?" You haven't shared what makes be inaccurate my and the OP-er's interpretation of the available information, I can't read your mind.

BTW, you managed to remove the rest of the conversation. It's presented below for clarity's and completeness' sake.
you talk an awful lot for someone who says nothing.
There you go again, trying to make "it" about me when "it" really isn't.
to be honest i didn't read your "war and peace" post to know what it was about. it started off a lecture and i lost interest in that immediately and quit reading.
to be honest i didn't read your...post

Well, TY. That confirms what I suspected about you all along: you'll post things and not really know what you are talking about.
of course that must be it. it can't be i just got tired of your wall of "intellect" you like to flog people with. it can't be that in my mind, you like to go on and on about how good you are at this posting stuff and we need to pay attention.

maybe next time.

You persist in trying to make this discussion and your objection to my post about me when it is not.
it can't be i just got tired of your wall of "intellect" you like to flog people with.
If you feel "flogged" by my comments, that's on you. That has nothing to do with me.
in my mind, you like to go on and on about how good you are at this posting stuff and we need to pay attention.
What's in your mind is also all about you, not me.​

The fact of the matter is that, by your own attestation, you did not read the post; therefore you cannot know what it says, yet you had something to say about it. That is, by definition, remarking upon something and not knowing what you are talking about. That is exactly the behavior I stated I suspected of you and that you have confirmed to be among your behaviors.

That was just unabashedly rude -- something that people the world over observe in the behavior and words of most of the Americans they meet [1] -- which is, ruefully, about all one can expect from Trump. It was quite telling that "pardon me, please" apparently didn't come to Trump's mind. Could one see any more palpable demonstration of Trump's "it's all about me" attitude?

Note:
  1. In not one country to which I've traveled have I not at least once heard someone remark upon or ask me about why Americans are so often boorish.
and?

by a simple bell curve you're going to hear the most stupid of shit, usually in very small numbers according to the curve itself.

people keep making those few examples the norm and continue to "normalize the extreme" it's gonna blow up. that's physics, not people.
by a simple bell curve you're going to hear the most stupid of shit, usually in very small numbers according to the curve itself.

people keep making those few examples the norm and continue to "normalize the extreme" it's gonna blow up. that's physics, not people.

Excuse me? The "stupid sh*t" that happens infrequently is the stuff about which I don't remember to ask others pf their views on and experiences with the deed/trend. I would think that so for most, if not all, sagacious and reasonable people. Accordingly, it stands to reason that non-U.S. nationals who've asked me about Americans' general comportment. (They may well have observed too that people of other nations are generally crass, but they wouldn't ask me about them as I'm not from those countries and I wouldn't introduce those other nationals into the conversation as they wasn't the topic of discussion.)

Worse, particularly with regard to Donald Trump, there are literally over a hundred examples of his character and cogitative demerits, not the least of which is profligate mendacity, infelicity, and ineptitude, yet his supporters deny they are indicative of anything material and that should give one pause.
a hundred examples of how many possibilities?

and how many of these examples are "forced" by people who simply don't like him so all he does is bad.

if you're in that 5% of the bell curve that defines an extreme you're going to be loud, belligerent, demanding, and beating up people who don't see it your way. that's how the 5% *extreme* works by pure definition. 5% can put up 1000 examples but that doesn't make the 1000 examples true, just what the 5% does being proven.

again and again and again.

so you can pull from your thesaurus a million times, it won't make what you say any smarter or more true.

Enough. You clearly don't realise how unsound your argument -- which basically amounts to "anything's possible" -- is.

There're several things you might do to make your arguments sound, yet you do none of them.
what argument? i don't think he was intentionally pushing anyone aside and i refuse to believe it from a few seconds of video?

how is "I FUCKING HATE THIS MAN HATE WITH ME GOD DAMN IT" any more sound? as for "anything is possible" - so is getting pissed cause someone PUSHED someone else out of the way - well i suppose it's possible" - but again, you get to do things you won't allow done back in your direction. this homey don't play in that direction. in fact, i usually kick it up when i see people do it and use their own methods back at them. it's how i get my kicks.

and when you quit trying to pin the hate on trump and will talk w/o predisposition of direction you wish to go, i'll be glad to join in. til then i'll simply stop by from time to time and giggle at your hate-boner.
i don't think he was intentionally pushing anyone aside

I can't do anything about what you think. You're going to think it regardless of what I write and, with regard to Trump shoving the Montenegrin president, what you see with own eyes.

I can see from the video that Trump wasn't stumbling; thus he clearly wasn't accidentally pushing the other man aside.

I can't do anything about what you think. You're going to think it regardless of what I write.
Okay, Polly.
I can't do anything about what you think. You're going to think it regardless of what I write
Should I have Nabisco send you some saltines?

what good would it do me to say it any other way? your mind is made up just as much as mine is, i suppose. you see this as a shining example of how evil trump is and i see it as trump being trump.

you rail on me cause i won't alter how i feel but you are not either - but you won't see or acknowledge that.

funny, to me.

ha ha.

i suppose. you see this as a shining example of how evil trump is and i see it as trump being trump.

You'll recall that earlier I wrote:
There're several things you might do to make yourself smarter and your arguments sound, yet you do none of them.
With your quoted remark just above, we now have clear evidence of at least two things you could do to make yourself smarter and your arguments sound. What are those things you might do?
  1. Learn that a sound argument/valid conclusion cannot derive from a comparison of things that are not mutually exclusive and then think about what you read and intend to write/say so that you don't make the mistake of presenting a disjointed comparisons.
    • Regardless of how I see Trump's behavior toward the Montenegrin president -- as as "shining example" or merely as an example, or, as I wrote a palpable example, of his rudeness -- the fact remains that it was deliberately rude, and the deliberacy of his action is plain to see in the video. That Trump may have not been aware of the raffishness of his deed does not make it or Trump be anything other than incult. Rude is rude, as the truth is the truth, no matter one's awareness (or lack thereof) of it. Pi is yet thought to be an irrational number, even if one doesn't know that to be so or doesn't know what an irrational number is.
    • Assuming, as you do, Trump's behavior toward the Montenegrin president is an example of "Trump being Trump," it was still rude, and I don't think it acceptable for a POTUS to be rude toward anyone.
  2. Accurately paraphrase, or directly quote, other people's remarks.

Note:
  1. Earlier, you remarked:
    you can pull from your thesaurus
    I have no idea why my word choices strike you as something upon which to remark. Whatever the reason -- I don't care what it is -- it has to do with you, not me. Outside of USMB, nobody has ever has anything to say -- positive or negative -- about my word choices, perhaps because the relevant people in my life -- family, close friends and associates, clients and colleagues -- use the same bundle words I do.

Were it so that I "pull" words from a thesaurus, if I meant "evil," I'd have chosen to write "evil" or something synonymous with it. You see I nearly always write what I actually mean, and not what I don't mean, and usually not something similar to what I mean, though were I to do the latter, I'd bother to also write something akin to "for lack of a better word," so readers know I didn't carefully choose my words in that that instance. You see, I think it important to accurately and precisely express my thoughts; thus I choose my words accordingly. (Am I 100% perfect in that regard? No, but I'm far closer to 100% than I am to 70%.)

As for the actual words I choose.....Well, I use the ones I learned (not merely memorized) in school, mostly in high school, after which time my vocabulary has remained fairly constant. Thus, unless you are going to tell me that you and most others who here gripe about my word choices didn't graduate from high school, are non-native speakers of English, failed to master English in high school, or experienced some other unusual occurrence, there's no good reason -- though there is likely at least a reason -- for readers here to find much of anything I write beyond their comprehension.

I picked up some discipline-specific, so-called "technical" terms, in college and grad school, and I do on USMB use them; however, I nearly always provide a link for those terms so readers will know what they mean in the context in which I used them. I do that because I know I am applying their discipline-specific meanings, and, unlike words on a standard high school vocabulary list, I have no basis for expecting readers to understand those words in their disciplinary context.

Last edited:

You keep sharing hypotheticals and outlandish abstractions under the guise of "anything's possible," and sharing what you think about me and aspects of my writing style (not content), rather than presenting a case that there's something rationally amiss with the reasoning behind my comments about the rudeness of Trump's shoving aside the Montenegrin president. Accordingly, how do you suppose I'd know what be your topically relevant objections to my assertion that Trump's behavior toward the man was rude and contributed, as the thread title posits, to making the U.S. "the laughing stock of the world?" You haven't shared what makes be inaccurate my and the OP-er's interpretation of the available information, I can't read your mind.

i remove it cause i get tired of seeing it.

i just give glib comments to pass out to your "thought out" responses out of apathy at this point.

and those who say trump was rude - funny part is, i agree. i just don't think it's the defining moment people who hate trump are making it out to be. then again most who hate trump will call YOU the problem usually when you don't join in the hate parade.

now feel free to put it all back if you'd like. at this point my give-a-shitter is broke.

i just give glib comments to pass out to your "thought out" responses out of apathy at this point.

and those who say trump was rude - funny part is, i agree. i just don't think it's the defining moment people who hate trump are making it out to be. then again most who hate trump will call YOU the problem usually when you don't join in the hate parade.

now feel free to put it all back if you'd like. at this point my give-a-shitter is broke.

Okay. While you attribute your action in that regard to ennui, I find that reason hard to believe. FWIW, you don't have to click on "click to expand" every time you read a post, especially for one's that comprise part of a current and ongoing conversation. One would think you'd be familiar enough with the discourse not to need to expand the prior conversation. In any case, ff you don't expand the quoted content, you won't see the content. Are you intending that we construe your visual tiredness pertains to the mere presence of little green boxes?

your "thought out" responses out of apathy at this point.

I haven't expressed any apathy. Were I apathetic about something, I wouldn't respond to it or comments about it. The same is so were I apathetic toward an individual.

i just don't think it's the defining moment people who hate trump are making it out to be.

I don't think it a defining moment either. It is, however, another illustration, a very palpable one, of Trump's narcissism. I think it safe to say that whatever be the defining moments in Trump's live, aside from his winning last November (if for him that even is one), they probably happened well before he was a public personality.

What makes it be a "laughing stock of the world" illustration is that Trump shoved another head of state insofar as it is in line with the sentiment expressed in the saying "you can take the kid out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the kid." That Trump saw fit to behave that way to a peer is deplorable. I mean really. Who the hell leaves "home" and in polite company "shows their ass," so to speak, by comporting themselves with aspects of their worst behavior? Obviously Donald Trump does, but that he does is no imprimatur for doing so.

World isn't laughing at us. And if they were who cares? Fools often laugh when we do what needs to be done. That should have no effect on what we do. We need to do what's right for us. Undermining our republic isn't.

Okay. While you attribute your action in that regard to ennui, I find that reason hard to believe. FWIW, you don't have to click on "click to expand" every time you read a post, especially for one's that comprise part of a current and ongoing conversation. One would think you'd be familiar enough with the discourse not to need to expand the prior conversation. In any case, ff you don't expand the quoted content, you won't see the content. Are you intending that we construe your visual tiredness pertains to the mere presence of little green boxes?

I haven't expressed any apathy. Were I apathetic about something, I wouldn't respond to it or comments about it. The same is so were I apathetic toward an individual.

i just don't think it's the defining moment people who hate trump are making it out to be.

I don't think it a defining moment either. It is, however, another illustration, a very palpable one, of Trump's narcissism. I think it safe to say that whatever be the defining moments in Trump's live, aside from his winning last November (if for him that even is one), they probably happened well before he was a public personality.

What makes it be a "laughing stock of the world" illustration is that Trump shoved another head of state insofar as it is in line with the sentiment expressed in the saying "you can take the kid out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the kid." That Trump saw fit to behave that way to a peer is deplorable. I mean really. Who the hell leaves "home" and in polite company "shows their ass," so to speak, by comporting themselves with aspects of their worst behavior? Obviously Donald Trump does, but that he does is no imprimatur for doing so.
then if this is expected behavior why get so mad when he does it?

[QUOTE="iceberg, post: 17387152, member: 63397"then if this is expected behavior why get so mad when he does it?[/QUOTE]
  1. It isn't "expected" behavior. Trump did it on his foreign first trip as POTUS. I don't think anyone knew what behavior to expect from Trump during the trip. As I alluded to earlier, I'd have thought even Trump would have been on his best behavior while he was around other heads of state.
  2. I think you either cannot or do not distinguish among "madness," "anger" and "dismay." I, however, do, and "mad" is not at all what I am over it. Indeed, "mad" is not what I am at all.

We're Nationalist now. Globalism, as Obama has proven, is an epic fail

I could care less what the 'world' thinks of U.S.

One thing is for sure, they know we are no longer the doormat Obama allowed them to walk on... over and over and over

-Geaux

Couple of things. You should care. The US has a lot more going for it and the world when it is well liked. You may think globalism doesnt work. I'll tell you something for free, isolationism sure as shit is an abject failure. Just ask north Korea. Nobody walked over the US when Obama was in charge. Just another piece of Fake News from the right.

then if this is expected behavior why get so mad when he does it?
How can you even ask that when currently your signature line currently reads, "we need to condemn behaviors, not people?" Do you truly think shoving a head of state is not behavior worthy of reprobation?

and i said it was rude. i just dont nut up about it like those who hate trump.

ex·cuse
verb
verb: excuse; 3rd person present: excuses; past tense: excused; past participle: excused; gerund or present participle: excusing
ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justify, defend, condone, vindicate; More
    forgive, overlook, disregard, ignore, tolerate, sanction
    "such conduct can never be excused"
    • forgive (someone) for a fault or offense.
      "you must excuse my sister"

• overlook or forgive (a fault or offense).
      "sit down—excuse the mess"
    • (of a fact or circumstance) serve in mitigation of (a person or act).
      "his ability excuses most of his faults"
noun
noun: excuse; plural noun: excuses
ikˈskyo͞os/
  1. 1.
    a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.
    "there can be no possible excuse for any further delay"

2. 2.
    informal
    a poor or inadequate example of.
    "that pathetic excuse for a man!"
    synonyms: travesty of, poor specimen of;
    informalapology for
de·ni·al
dəˈnīəl/
noun
noun: denial
the action of declaring something to be untrue.

arrested development

Noun 1.
6D32E-arrested-development.jpg
arrested development - an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
fixation, infantile fixation, regression

Is this English 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex·cuse
verb
verb: excuse; 3rd person present: excuses; past tense: excused; past participle: excused; gerund or present participle: excusing
ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justify, defend, condone, vindicate; More
    forgive, overlook, disregard, ignore, tolerate, sanction
    "such conduct can never be excused"
    • forgive (someone) for a fault or offense.
      "you must excuse my sister"

• overlook or forgive (a fault or offense).
      "sit down—excuse the mess"
    • (of a fact or circumstance) serve in mitigation of (a person or act).
      "his ability excuses most of his faults"
noun
noun: excuse; plural noun: excuses
ikˈskyo͞os/
  1. 1.
    a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.
    "there can be no possible excuse for any further delay"

2. 2.
    informal
    a poor or inadequate example of.
    synonyms: travesty of, poor specimen of;
    informalapology for
de·ni·al
dəˈnīəl/
noun
noun: denial
the action of declaring something to be untrue.

arrested development

Noun 1.
6D32E-arrested-development.jpg
arrested development - an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
fixation, infantile fixation, regression

Is this English 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from reading the posts coming from trump supporters & those that excuse his childish behavior...- i'd say more like 1st grade.

He. she. it...is so utterly biased, they cannot see their own bias...and refuse any notion that it could exist. Fits nicely with the known mental state of these liberals.
As I've said before...living WITH them, tolerating their damage to society is not an option. Plan "B" is required.

How much more evidence is needed?
Venezuela.....Germany....US Riots and violent demonstrations....
It is self evident that the agenda of these delusional animals is a straight path to social and economic decline.

You are wasting your valuable time arguing with these sub animals.
Besides, they enjoy fluffing a good man and dragging him down to their level. Same thing they're trying to do to Mr.Trump. He's wising up and learning to avoid them.
Play at your own peril.

Trump is the closest to a Neanderthal I've seen in public office. he is almost subhuman in the way he treats others. If anybody is dragging anybody down a level it is him...in spades

"is making?" ?!?!?!
LOL ever hear of recent history?

Yep is. Whether the right like it or not (and they don't), Obama was a very popular US president in the wider world. He was also popular at home, no matter how hard you try and say otherwise. So no, the US was never a laughing stock when Obama was in charge. You can look at the sky and say it's purple with pink polka dots until you're blue in the face....

I think Trump is getting a lot more respect for America than Obama ever did. Talk about a laughing stock, Obama was a joke. That Iran deal, the Syria red line, kissing ass and bowing and scraping, apologizing left and right and leading from behind. At least Trump is telling the rest of the world that we can't defend them and pay for it too, it's about freakin' time somebody on our side grew a pair.

You have no idea how the real world works. Trust me, I don't live in the US. I live in Australia am from NZ and have relatives in the UK. Trump is hated. I mean, really hated. And we have zero respect for him on any level. Obama was disliked by some, but most liked him. He healed a lot of wounds after a piss-poor Bush admin that started the ball rolling in the FUBAR that is now the ME...

The World? NO! NOT THAT! I guess it's better than actually being a laughing stock like when Obama was President.

Forum List

Back