How Trump is making the US the laughing stock of the world

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
There were numerous opportunities for satire - an awkward handshake with the French president, wife Melania slapping his hand away, a painful meeting with a solemn Pope, a childish guestbook note at a Holocaust Museum, Trump apparently ignoring his host at the G7 summit, his shoving Montenegro's PM out of the way and a cringeworthy "curtsy" to the King of Saudi Arabia.

How Donald Trump's first big trip as President has spelled disaster - World - NZ Herald News

So when we need an allies help with terrorists, or intel, or material or troop help how exactly does alienating all of our allies help America. It doesn't, it in fact makes us more vulnerable to attack. Trump can't walk, he can't shake hands normally, he has some weird personal disorder where he has to be front and center by pushing other people out of the way. America IS becoming a laughing stock with turd-blossom roaming around.

Talk about a personality disorder! The look on his face at the end says it all...

Talk about a personality disorder! The look on his face at the end says it all...

Even the part were he says 25 of 28 nato members are not paying there fair share. I mean the idea that everyone should pay is making us a laughing stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even the part were he says 25 of 28 nato members are not paying there fair share. I mean the idea that everyone should pay is making us a laughing stock.

lol.... that statement in & of itself is not nearly as embarrassing as everything else he has said & done on his little vacation. his little cheeto finger wagging at his captive audience was more for show than anything else. what makes it laughable is the fact trump has been sued numerous times over the years for 'non payment' on goods & services he has received.

why should he blame those countries in NATO that 'don't pay their fair share' like they should ... because they have found their own loopholes.....when he has done the same thing for 'non payment' of US taxes that he has managed to skirt for decades?

Last edited:
so from an objective standpoint, we have trump pushing someone out of the way. when you watch the video, the man didn't seem to mind, nor care, nor look offended.

to anyone who says that trip made trump look stupid, you hated him long before that trip and regardless of what he did, you had your headlines ready. but if your best one is him "shoving" someone out of the way - you ain't got shit.

That was just unabashedly rude -- something that people the world over observe in the behavior and words of most of the Americans they meet [1] -- which is, ruefully, about all one can expect from Trump. It was quite telling that "pardon me, please" apparently didn't come to Trump's mind. Could one see any more palpable demonstration of Trump's "it's all about me" attitude?

Note:
  1. In not one country to which I've traveled have I not at least once heard someone remark upon or ask me about why Americans are so often boorish.

That was just unabashedly rude -- something that people the world over observe in the behavior and words of most of the Americans they meet [1] -- which is, ruefully, about all one can expect from Trump. It was quite telling that "pardon me, please" apparently didn't come to Trump's mind. Could one see any more palpable demonstration of Trump's "it's all about me" attitude?

Note:
  1. In not one country to which I've traveled have I not at least once heard someone remark upon or ask me about why Americans are so often boorish.
and?

by a simple bell curve you're going to hear the most stupid of shit, usually in very small numbers according to the curve itself.

people keep making those few examples the norm and continue to "normalize the extreme" it's gonna blow up. that's physics, not people.

lol.... that statement in & of itself is not nearly as embarrassing as everything else he has said & done on his little vacation. his little cheeto finger wagging at his captive audience was more for show than anything else. what makes it laughable is the fact trump has been sued numerous times over the years for 'non payment' on goods & services he has received.

why should he blame those countries in NATO that 'don't pay their fair share' like they should ... when they have found their own loopholes.....when he has done the same thing for 'non payment' of US taxes that he has managed to skirt for decades?

That's right, just shows how "smart" they are.

ex·cuse
verb
verb: excuse; 3rd person present: excuses; past tense: excused; past participle: excused; gerund or present participle: excusing
ikˈskyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.
    "he did nothing to hide or excuse Jacob's cruelty"
    synonyms: justify, defend, condone, vindicate; More
    forgive, overlook, disregard, ignore, tolerate, sanction
    "such conduct can never be excused"
    • forgive (someone) for a fault or offense.
      "you must excuse my sister"

• overlook or forgive (a fault or offense).
      "sit down—excuse the mess"
    • (of a fact or circumstance) serve in mitigation of (a person or act).
      "his ability excuses most of his faults"
noun
noun: excuse; plural noun: excuses
ikˈskyo͞os/
  1. 1.
    a reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.
    "there can be no possible excuse for any further delay"

2. 2.
    informal
    a poor or inadequate example of.
    "that pathetic excuse for a man!"
    synonyms: travesty of, poor specimen of;
    informalapology for
    "that pathetic excuse for a man!"
de·ni·al
dəˈnīəl/
noun
noun: denial
the action of declaring something to be untrue.

arrested development

Noun 1.
6D32E-arrested-development.jpg
arrested development - an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
fixation, infantile fixation, regression

so from an objective standpoint, we have trump pushing someone out of the way. when you watch the video, the man didn't seem to mind, nor care, nor look offended.

to anyone who says that trip made trump look stupid, you hated him long before that trip and regardless of what he did, you had your headlines ready. but if your best one is him "shoving" someone out of the way - you ain't got shit.

I disagree. I think the guy looked surprised. Those around him were looking at Trump like "Fucking bullying moron". And that is exactly what he looked like.

And that isn't the best. There is so much more....

I disagree. I think the guy looked surprised. Those around him were looking at Trump like "Fucking bullying moron". And that is exactly what he looked like.

maybe. but the problem is i've been burned enough on 2 seconds of video to know i don't know the whole story. since i don't know the whole story OR the context around it, i won't dance around made or in defense like i do.

Actually, that is one point I agree with him on. As long as it is done per head of population....

maybe. but the problem is i've been burned enough on 2 seconds of video to know i don't know the whole story. since i don't know the whole story OR the context around it, i won't dance around made or in defense like i do.

uh-huh.

i'd love to hear what the 'full story' & it's CONtext is for this:

Trump_Kov_Impers.gif

[

It looked like maybe just prior to what we saw in the video the guy may have pushed past him and he was getting his own back. Whatever it was, it still made him second rate. A person who is supposed to represent the free world and 330 million people is supposed to be a lot more diplomatic and classy.

[

It looked like maybe just prior to what we saw in the video the guy may have pushed past him and he was getting his own back. Whatever it was, it still made him second rate. A person who is supposed to represent the free world and 330 million people is supposed to be a lot more diplomatic and classy.
it makes people who call him out constantly look petty.

but the people keep doing it.

which is why when i see this i now ignore it. the left will make anything trump says or does the worst possible thing he could have done at the time and that's just bullshit. no one is wrong 100% of the time and if i see someone pulling that shit, i just move on vs. talk to them.

then maybe you should save the bitching for when it matters and not when it makes you look like the petty side w/an agenda.

not sure how you got a "surprised look" out of that unless you just want to see it there. he's smiling before that and after that and again, 5 seconds of video and you *know* what happened and how people feel about it?

The slap was what most of us call a low-five.....which they give each other periodically. It was something wrestling fans often saw during team events. Some of us often do it as a form of congratulations for making a great play in sports.

The shove was basically the leaders joking around. None of them seemed upset. As a matter of fact they were all laughing.

And the press is what is making a mockery of this country. Most leaders feel that this is the greatest weakness of America, where a corrupt press cannot be forced to be honest and answer to any slanderous/libelous statements. To think that all one needs to do to bring down the most powerful government in the world is a dishonest press.

Forum List

Back