How to reduce gun violence.

I believe that about 90% of gun murders are done by people that would call themselves "Democrats". That may sound stupid, but think about all the gangbangers in Democrat run cities that do most of the gun violence......I'd bet most of them would not vote for Trump.

I believe that about 90% of gun murders are done by people that would call themselves "Democrats". That may sound stupid, but think about all the gangbangers in Democrat run cities that do most of the gun violence......I'd bet most of them would not vote for Trump.
Possibly Democrats but certainly liberals (makes up their own laws).

IMHO, stolen guns are a big problem. Safes and lockboxes are good. However, many gun owners don't have them. Some experts suggest removing a part (barrel, bolt whatever is easiest) and "hiding" them separately (ammo too). Doing this every time you leave your home is a "pain in the butt", but I'm talking about Americans in war zones like Chicago. Making it harder on a thief to get a gun is very do-able. This can be accomplished in many ways, and could significantly reduce gun violence.

About ten years ago a company developed an electronic sensor that was a very tiny micro tracker. It can be easily hidden inside any open space on a firearm. These things are truly incredible. It will tell you where your gun is (if lost or stolen), when the gun was fired, how many rounds were fired and even which direction the gun was pointed. Obviously military an LE could benefit from these, but for the American gun owner they could have immense value. Stolen gun? Just call the cops, they can find the gun (maybe the thief) instantly. Mandating these devises would be tyrannical, but if I could put (and remove) a "Lo-Jack" on my pistol I would do it.

IMHO showing teenagers actual photos of what a gun can do might be helpful. When I was in school they showed very gory films of car wrecks in the driver ed classes. Perhaps those films saved lives. Many kids today have never seen what a rifle does to a deer, or what a pistol does to a can of soup......
I once viewed a collection of photos of people who committed suicide with a shotgun. It was quite shocking, and I am sure that teenagers (used to TV, movies and video games) would gain a whole new perspective on firearms if they saw those photos.

IMHO gun safety classes in every public school would save many lives. For younger kids it would be fairly simple, but for older kids.. they could take the more complex discussions home to their family members, such as keeping your finger off the trigger, or always be sure of your target and what may be behind it.
I truly believe that people living in communities where gun violence is a way of life, would greatly benefit from any education regarding safely using firearms.

I'd like to note. My above posts do not involve anything to do with restricting firearm ownership or their physical characteristics. I truly believe that much can be accomplished without having to do any of that.

Forum List

Back