How to Pro Lifer feel about the Texas case

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Any Pro Lifers out there see something wrong with what’s happening in Texas? A woman who wants to be a mother has a non viable pregnancy… meaning the fetus will not survive and aborting the pregnancy is the best thing for her health and for her future ability to have kids.

I judge ruled that she can have the abortion and Paxton is petitioning the Texas Supreme Court to stop it… he is also threatening hospitals so they will not help this woman.

Anybody see something wrong with this situation??

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

It's sad the child has Trisomy 18, too. But that's my view. How I feel about it is irrelevant. With CRISPR technology almost ready to be used to screen mother and unborn child for genetic abnormalities, soon it will be possible to edit things like Trisomy 18 and 21 out of existence, and with it any excuse to abort a child because of such a genetic aberrance.

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity and abstinence among both sexes would be discouraged. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

It's sad the child has Trisomy 18, too. But that's my view. How I feel about it is irrelevant. With CRISPR technology almost ready to be used to screen mother and unborn child for genetic abnormalities, soon it will be possible to edit things like Trisomy 18 and 21 out of existence, and with it any excuse to abort a child because of such a genetic aberrance.
Be it as it may this is the reality of the situation and we have a politician blocking this woman from making a choice that she should clearly be making with her doctor.

One can be against abortion but also recognize the over reaching government power in this situation. Laws like this are not the way to rid society of promiscuity.

Things a message board where we share opinions so I don’t think yours is irrelevant

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

But such draconian decisions were made in Texas by people outside the medical profession. Would you also endorse court ordered non treatment for any other medical emergency?

Be it as it may this is the reality of the situation and we have a politician blocking this woman from making a choice that she should clearly be making with her doctor.

One can be against abortion but also recognize the over reaching government power in this situation. Laws like this are not the way to rid society of promiscuity.

Things a message board where we share opinions so I don’t think yours is irrelevant

I have no dog in this fight, so my feelings are of no importance. I can only address what circumstances led to this unfortunate series of events. We (not necessarily me, or you) overvalue the pleasure of sex over the responsibility of caring for the consequences. When women casually have sex with other men who choose not to wear a condom, knowingly you have casually brought about a life. A lot of abortions are casual as opposed to medically necessary, 2/3 of them to be precise. And that is what creates an atmosphere for such laws to take hold. A casual debasement of an activity meant to bring life into the world, thus a casual disregard for personal responsibility and for the life the act of sex creates.

Once again, blame our society, not Texas. It wouldn't have come to this if personal responsibility in the bedroom were still practiced. Such extreme disregard for the consequences of sexual activity brought forth an extreme response, aka this law putting this poor woman in a tragic position. Cause. Effect.

If you want laws like this repealed, advocate for the teaching of more personal responsibility when it comes to sexual activity.

Last edited:
I have no dog in this fight, so my feelings are of no importance. I can only address what circumstances led to this unfortunate series of events. We (not necessarily me, or you) overvalue the pleasure of sex over the responsibility of caring for the consequences. When women casually have sex with other men who choose not to wear a condom, knowingly you have casually brought about a life. A lot of abortions are casual as opposed to medically necessary, 2/3 of them to be precise. And that is what creates an atmosphere for such laws to take hold. A casual debasement of an activity meant to bring life into the world, thus a casual disregard for personal responsibility and for the life the act of sex creates.

Once again, blame our society, not Texas. It wouldn't have come to this if personal responsibility in the bedroom were still practiced. Such extreme disregard for the consequences of sexual activity brought forth an extreme response, aka this law putting this poor woman in a tragic position. Cause. Effect.

If you want laws like this repealed, advocate for the teaching of more personal responsibility when it comes to sexual activity.
Stop dancing around the issue. This Texas woman is married. It is a wanted pregnancy that's gone wrong.

But such draconian decisions were made in Texas by people outside the medical profession. Would you also endorse court ordered non treatment for any other medical emergency?

A lot of draconian decisions are made by Congress, yet nothing is done except voting those same people back into office. If we do not object to the draconian laws they pass, then we cannot complain when a state follows suit, one way or the other.

A lot of draconian decisions are made by Congress, yet nothing is done except voting those same people back into office. If we do not object to the draconian laws they pass, then we cannot complain when a state follows suit, one way or the other.
Can you focus on the issue or not? The topic is this one woman in Texas.

Stop dancing around the issue. This Texas woman is married. It is a wanted pregnancy that's gone wrong.
No need to get upset.

Wanted pregnancy is what complicates the matter. Marital status is irrelevant.

Futhermore, what I stated earlier is what created this atmosphere in the first place. Wanted or not, married or not, the debasement of personal responsibility in the bedroom led to an atmosphere where one state felt it had to take matters into its own hands. What is seen as a an extreme debasment of human life and personal responsibility led to the extreme reaction Texas took. This is a societal norm, casual sex is. If we hadn't let the situation become so severe, it would never have come to this in the first place.

At any rate, when did this woman get the diagnosis about her child? Was it prior to or after 20 weeks? Because I could write a novella if she got this diagnosis before then and chose to carry the child past 20 weeks. If not, I have nothing further to add, other than she should be allowed to have the abortion, and the Texas legislature should convene a special session to amend the law for medically extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:
"she should be allowed to have the abortion, and the Texas legislature should convene a special session to amend the law for medically extenuating circumstances."

Arlette

Furthermore, the law should remain intact, save the amendment.

Just goes to show how little some of you care to read.

"she should be allowed to have the abortion, and the Texas legislature should convene a special session to amend the law for medically extenuating circumstances."

Arlette

Furthermore, the law should remain intact, save the amendment.

Just goes to show how little some of you care to read.
Under Texas law any doctor facilitating an abortion is subject to prosecution. You're just blowing hot air without knowing what's going on.

Hmm. She was admitted to the emergency room four times and was advised mere weeks into the pregnancy when she had time to perform the abortion legally, that the child was at risk for a fatal genetic defect. Either she chose to carry to 20 weeks despite her doctor's warnings, to bring about this case, or she was woefully ignorant of the abortion cutoff. If the latter is true, her doctors should be held liable for not educating her about the time frame for a legal abortion. If the former is true, she is a ghoul-slash-certifiably insane for using this tragedy to initiate a policy discussion or motivate legislative action, putting her life in danger to carry a child she was told carried a high risk of a fatal genetic abnormality would be sheer insanity.

I for one sincerely hope the latter is the case. Her doctors should be held liable for the damage this has caused her emotionally and physically, if they failed to educate her properly.

Last edited:
Edit: The law says after six weeks, not 20, six is when a heartbeat is detected. Now it becomes a matter of when she had her first ultrasound and when she was warned about this fatal defect. Now it becomes a question of why she chose to carry the child even after the initial warnings were given and when she discovered she was pregnant. Timing is important here.

It's 4 am, can you blame me?

Last edited:
Edit: The law says after six weeks, not 20, six is when a heartbeat is detected. Now it becomes a matter of when she had the ultrasound and was warned about this fatal defect. Now it becomes a question of why she chose to carry the child even after the initial warnings were given and when she discovered she was pregnant.

Its 4 am, can you blame me?
That's right. Six weeks, too early to detect anything. The law makes exceptions for the health or life of the mother but also threatens any doctor with prosecution should he attempt to preserve her health or life.
What that tells me is that Texas doesn't give a fuck about women. And I hold the American Jesus sow/Evangelical responsible for that.

That's right. Six weeks, too early to detect anything. The law makes exceptions for the health or life of the mother but also threatens any doctor with prosecution should he attempt to preserve her health or life.
What that tells me is that Texas doesn't give a fuck about women. And I hold the American Jesus sow/Evangelical responsible for that.

"At the same time, the Act specifically prohibits state officials from enforcing the Act, leaving enforcement entirely in the hands of private litigants who will sue those who violate the statute."

Forum List

Back