How to Pro Lifer feel about the Texas case

Because in many states the "exception" rules were merely there to trick voters into believing the lie that Conservatives were at least attempting to be humane to the mother:

Exceptions to Abortion Bans May Be Hard for Women to Access​

‘In terms of how these things work in practice, they don't,’ says one expert regarding exceptions to abortion bans due to rape or health risk.

Yet people rarely discuss how such exceptions would work in the real world. Who would decide whether a pregnant person’s life is truly at risk? What would survivors need to do to prove they were assaulted? A close reading of anti-abortion laws in 18 states reveals that even with these legal safeguards in place, many people will still face significant hurdles to getting an abortion in cases of rape, incest and medical emergencies.
In addition, many of the anti-abortion statutes prohibit physicians from considering the risk that a person forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy might take their own life. Idaho’s trigger law, for example, states, “No abortion shall be deemed necessary to prevent the death of the pregnant woman because the physician believes that the woman may or will take action to harm herself.”

"If you're going to traumatized, depressed, suicidal as a result of being forced to carry a pregnancy you don't want to carry, that's not enough anymore," says Howard.

Well, if it’s the law, then it can’t be trickery. I mean, if the laws were passed, then there is no ambiguity.

So would you say that the civil rights act is unconstitutional and Jim Crow should still be legal?

I’ve just explained this. The civil rights act is sad that it was even needed because that means people failed to follow the cotus, and they were acting in a less than humane manner.

The civil rights act essentially reinforced what was already written in the 14th amendment. So, the answer is, yes, the civil rights act is constitutional because it’s based in cotus principles, and no, Jim Crow should not be legal.

What’s with all of these “gotcha” questions. It’s as if you’re trying to pin me into a corner here. My answer will always be the same…what does the constitution say.

Any Pro Lifers out there see something wrong with what’s happening in Texas? A woman who wants to be a mother has a non viable pregnancy… meaning the fetus will not survive and aborting the pregnancy is the best thing for her health and for her future ability to have kids.

I judge ruled that she can have the abortion and Paxton is petitioning the Texas Supreme Court to stop it… he is also threatening hospitals so they will not help this woman.

Anybody see something wrong with this situation??
All I see is a nosey moron who isn't pregnant,doesn't live in Texas, only counsels following the law when you agree with it ---and seems addicted to negativity.

OBVIOUSLY you don't give a shit whether I see something wrong OR RIGHT with this. You just are addicted to bitching that paints you as smart and moral --- and omnipresent :)

All I see is a nosey moron who isn't pregnant,doesn't live in Texas, only counsels following the law when you agree with it ---and seems addicted to negativity.

OBVIOUSLY you don't give a shit whether I see something wrong OR RIGHT with this. You just are addicted to bitching that paints you as smart and moral --- and omnipresent :)
Wow, all of a sudden you know me?! You just made a presumptive ass out of yourself. I do live in Texas genius and I don’t need to be pregnant to have an opinion or hold a discussion about this situation. All you did here was show an inability to handle discussing the topic. Try a little less emotion and using that noodle in between your ears for a change

Wow, all of a sudden you know me?! You just made a presumptive ass out of yourself. I do live in Texas genius and I don’t need to be pregnant to have an opinion or hold a discussion about this situation. All you did here was show an inability to handle discussing the topic. Try a little less emotion and using that noodle in between your ears for a change

Yep.

It's not hard.

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

It's sad the child has Trisomy 18, too. But that's my view. How I feel about it is irrelevant. With CRISPR technology almost ready to be used to screen mother and unborn child for genetic abnormalities, soon it will be possible to edit things like Trisomy 18 and 21 out of existence, and with it any excuse to abort a child because of such a genetic aberrance.
if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced.

in other words, if humans were transformed into angels?

i do hope that eventually, perhaps aided by fetus material from this and similar tragedies, doctors can make this sad situation more rare.
until then, the states and congress need to let science work by allowing research on fetal cells etc.

You say you live in Texas, let's get real :)

My view on abortion is in the middle I don’t support this decision nor do I believe in total bans I also don’t believe that abortion should be used as form of birth control or that there should be no restrictions. There is ground between abortion for any reason and none at all.
Most americans agree with this. It's the fringes that are being authoritarian and crazy on the issue.

if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced.

in other words, if humans were transformed into angels?

i do hope that eventually, perhaps aided by fetus material from this and similar tragedies, doctors can make this sad situation more rare.
until then, the states and congress need to let science work by allowing research on fetal cells etc.
Wow! There you are, oh tolerant one, ridiculing those who choose to abstain from having sex, because you can't. :laughing0301:

Last edited:
Wow! There you are, oh tolerant one, ridiculing those who choose to abstain from having sex, because you can't. :laughing0301:

no. i am not. and if you are unfortunate enough to reach my age you may discover that there are other reasons for involuntary (as opposed to those choosing abstinence) celibacy than just the natural unattractiveness to women of a maga life style. .

no. i am not. and if you are unfortunate enough to reach my age you may discover that there are other reasons for involuntary (as opposed to those choosing abstinence) celibacy than just the natural unattractiveness to women of a maga life style. .

So it's "life style choices" now, is it?

How tolerant.

We always knew this was you.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Any Pro Lifers out there see something wrong with what’s happening in Texas? A woman who wants to be a mother has a non viable pregnancy… meaning the fetus will not survive and aborting the pregnancy is the best thing for her health and for her future ability to have kids.

I judge ruled that she can have the abortion and Paxton is petitioning the Texas Supreme Court to stop it… he is also threatening hospitals so they will not help this woman.

Anybody see something wrong with this situation??
The fact is, the left could care less about this lady other than to use her in order to complain about all anti-abortion laws, not just this particular case. When the left agrees to no abortions after the first trimester, except in cases similar to this, I'll start listening. But the left refuse to limit abortions to the first trimester so I'm don't have any sympathy regarding this case. Get back to me when the left changes their minds.

other words, if humans were transformed into angels?
We pride ourselves as the most intelligent species on the planet, yet we cannot use our superior reasoning skills to consider the consequences of our actions.

Angels? Hardly. There's nothing wrong with the act of sex. It's wrong when it's unprotected and both fail to see the consequences of that behavior.

Sex is an act of creation when done naturally, a tool of pleasure when protection is used. Nobody's saying not to, I am just saying use your superior human intellect to prevent unfortunate consequences.

Abortion is traumatic for the mother, and if she births and is unable to support the child, that's even more traumatic. Those are the consequences. This is more nuanced than just inserting the key into the hole.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back