How to Pro Lifer feel about the Texas case

"At the same time, the Act specifically prohibits state officials from enforcing the Act, leaving enforcement entirely in the hands of private litigants who will sue those who violate the statute."

Yup. That's the real kicker. That's how Abbott covered his crippled ass. Doesn't help any woman or any doctor. Just one crippled ass.

Any Pro Lifers out there see something wrong with what’s happening in Texas? A woman who wants to be a mother has a non viable pregnancy… meaning the fetus will not survive and aborting the pregnancy is the best thing for her health and for her future ability to have kids.

I judge ruled that she can have the abortion and Paxton is petitioning the Texas Supreme Court to stop it… he is also threatening hospitals so they will not help this woman.

Anybody see something wrong with this situation??
Yes, I'm pro-life and her being denied an abortion in this case is wrong. Abortions should be for healthcare reasons, a normal pregnancy is not hazardous to health and thus not an healthcare issue.

Where the fetus is deformed, or would cause a health issue to either mother or fetus, or in the likes of being ectopic, abortion should be allowed. A normal pregnancy, abortion should be banned.

So abortion is not binary, imo. But I like how you play the identity politics game and what a pro lifer should believe in or how to behave etc..

That's right. Six weeks, too early to detect anything. The law makes exceptions for the health or life of the mother but also threatens any doctor with prosecution should he attempt to preserve her health or life.
What that tells me is that Texas doesn't give a fuck about women. And I hold the American Jesus sow/Evangelical responsible for that.
I'm sure SOMEONE or SOMETHING gives a fuck about how you feel. No one here does, I can promise you that.

I think it is a crime against nature that your final destination wasn't a toilet at Planned Unparenthood.

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

It's sad the child has Trisomy 18, too. But that's my view. How I feel about it is irrelevant. With CRISPR technology almost ready to be used to screen mother and unborn child for genetic abnormalities, soon it will be possible to edit things like Trisomy 18 and 21 out of existence, and with it any excuse to abort a child because of such a genetic aberrance.
Right...blame the mother because after all white men should be able to dictate to women what they can do with their bodies. It has nothing to do with sex unless of course this is Paxton's punishment and warning to people that he has the right to impose his religious views on evert citizen of Texas.
Do you also blame rape victim's because of their clothing choice?

I'm sure SOMEONE or SOMETHING gives a fuck about how you feel. No one here does, I can promise you that.

I think it is a crime against nature that your final destination wasn't a toilet at Planned Unparenthood.
Go charge someone.

Stop dancing around the issue. This Texas woman is married. It is a wanted pregnancy that's gone wrong.
People like this tie themselves in knots in an attempt to put forth an illogical argument.

It's not the government business how many times a man or woman have sex. This poster hopes that society becomes a science fiction movie where the government has a camera in your bedroom.
A woman requires medical care and once again white men with the aide of morally and intellectual obtuse white women and other groups of nuts say no because our own god and/or personal morality is more important for your body than your own.

Clearly, such draconian abortion laws wouldn't be needed if sexual promiscuity would be discouraged and abstinence among both sexes would be practiced. Our society's overvaluance of rampant sexual activity and not enough on the consequences, has created such a restrictive atmosphere, at least in Texas. Don't be mad at Texas, be mad at the oversexed society we live in.

It's sad the child has Trisomy 18, too. But that's my view. How I feel about it is irrelevant. With CRISPR technology almost ready to be used to screen mother and unborn child for genetic abnormalities, soon it will be possible to edit things like Trisomy 18 and 21 out of existence, and with it any excuse to abort a child because of such a genetic aberrance.
Promiscuity? She’s married you idiot

Any Pro Lifers out there see something wrong with what’s happening in Texas? A woman who wants to be a mother has a non viable pregnancy… meaning the fetus will not survive and aborting the pregnancy is the best thing for her health and for her future ability to have kids.

I judge ruled that she can have the abortion and Paxton is petitioning the Texas Supreme Court to stop it… he is also threatening hospitals so they will not help this woman.

I see no actual point here but the grammar is decent and the spelling is correct..

Mods, please transfer this to Writing forum where it belongs.

I cannot see anything that jeopardizes her "future ability to have kids". At her stage of pregnancy, she will labor and have that baby, whether naturally or through a late term abortion. In very rare cases, EITHER can damage future ability to have kids.

This craziness is why all or nothing laws cannot work. No level of authoritarianism on any issue is ever applicable. Common sense is nowhere to be found in this case.

I cannot see anything that jeopardizes her "future ability to have kids". At her stage of pregnancy, she will labor and have that baby, whether naturally or through a late term abortion. In very rare cases, EITHER can damage future ability to have kids.

Or she will have to have her 3 C-section, each of which makes it harder to have another baby.

I see no actual point here but the grammar is decent and the spelling is correct..

Mods, please transfer this to Writing forum where it belongs.

When a topic is intellectually above a person's simian brain we get stupid responses like the one above.

Mods, please open a toddler room where we can send the less intellectually evolved.
So just remind the board where you obtained your medical degree?...don't have one, then stop attempting to make medical choices for people other than yourself.
That's the same idiotic thinking as paxton.

I would bet after the trauma that the court has put her through she decides never to have kids. A wise decision after all this.

Forum List

Back