How to lower gas prices.

Halfway measures.

If you lefties want to end the need for petroleum simply quit wasting Oxygen.

Entirely.
If you've nothing to say, say that.

Your gratuitous insults serve only to highlight your ignorance.

68zooe.jpg

True, assuming the car gets decent milage.
My cars are 13, 13, 13, and 11 years old.Well maintained and above average for their models in performance.
I have a F150. I need a pickup truck so the only better thing to get if I NEED a pickup is a battery one, but that I should only buy years down the road when this car is toast. One reason, they aren't that good yet. Cons here are right. In a lot of ways, battery cars are no better and maybe worse. So stick with gas cars, buy used, keep as long as you can, and then one day maybe go to a hybrid or battery car. Hopefully in 5-10 years they'll be better.

Gas is the most important substance we have in America.. cherish it .. are we gonna really let crazy style like Democrats control our energy?

True, assuming the car gets decent milage.
My cars are 13, 13, 13, and 11 years old.Well maintained and above average for their models in performance.
I just bought such a car, a 2003 Grand Marquis, cherry, with only 111,000 miles on it. It's my third GM.

1st: 1996 GM, drove for 11 years, junked at 465,000 miles.
2nd: 2005 GM, drove for 15 years, junked at 412,000 miles.

I have a F150. I need a pickup truck so the only better thing to get if I NEED a pickup is a battery one, but that I should only buy years down the road when this car is toast. One reason, they aren't that good yet. Cons here are right. In a lot of ways, battery cars are no better and maybe worse. So stick with gas cars, buy used, keep as long as you can, and then one day maybe go to a hybrid or battery car. Hopefully in 5-10 years they'll be better.
They will be but...

What's your limit?
$5 a gallon?, $7, $9, more?

If the energy companies decide to push the price to whatever the market will bear..How much will you bear.

Gas prices at these LOW levels, yes I said low levels are a political decision by the oil companies. Theoretically, in a free economy, they should serve the owners by charging as much as possible but, they clearly don't. Instead, they allow the markets to drive the prices.

But, what would happen if, tomorrow, they put gas at, say, $9 a gallon?
What would be the response of politicians to their taking publicly owned oil and just setting the price based on need rather than competitive?

How many of their leases would be revoked?
Their wells on public land nationalized...

You do continue to drive your gas vehicle BECAUSE it is in their long term financial interest for you to do so.

Not a Democrat or Republican thing. Just pointing to a very real truth.

As gas prices rise people rush to fill their tanks before they rise higher. However, the price seems to be peaking, and falling in many regions. So why fill your tank with 4 dollar gas when next week gas will likely cost less, but you will have a full tank of 4 dollar gas. Best to buy just enough to get around. Now, if there was a shortage of gas filling up would be smart. However there is no shortage, so let the filling station store their high priced gas, while you buy just what you need until prices fall. Another benefit is that if someone steals your gas they won't get very much so you won't be out a lot of money (unless of course they drill a hole in your tank).
Fuel pump

I just bought such a car, a 2003 Grand Marquis, cherry, with only 111,000 miles on it. It's my third GM.

1st: 1996 GM, drove for 11 years, junked at 465,000 miles.
2nd: 2005 GM, drove for 15 years, junked at 412,000 miles.
Good.
But that 12 MPG has to hurt.

Oh, and good for you avoiding those pre '95 models. Electrical systems were crap.

They will be but...

What's your limit?

If the energy companies decide to push the price to whatever the market will bear..How much will you bear.

Gas prices at these LOW levels, yes I said low levels are a political decision by the oil companies. Theoretically, in a free economy, they should serve the owners by charging as much as possible but, they clearly don't. Instead, they allow the markets to drive the prices.

What would be the response of politicians to their taking publicly owned oil and just setting the price based on need rather than competitive?

You do continue to drive your gas vehicle BECAUSE it is in their long term financial interest for you to do so.

Good question. I work from home and when I do go to work I work 7 minutes away. So I could probably deal with $10 a gallon gas. But I wouldn't be going up north in my truck as often as I do now.

This happened to me in 2000's. Gas went up over $4 and I seriously thought about selling my condo and moving to Ann Arbor where I worked. I believe it was costing me $20 a day to go back and forth to work. So $10 a gallon would have cost me $50 a day? I remember gas was putting trucking companies out of business. So it's probably a big problem now. What to do?

But seriously, we need to start moving closer to our jobs. 1 hour away is ridiculous. What will happen if gas goes to $10 a gallon? A lot will change.

Since the first quarter of 2020 remote work trends have changed. Thanks to technology and innovation it’s working out well for many employers.

All around the world, more and more employers are embracing flexible schedules for their remote teams leading to new remote work trends and more remote work options.

Upwork estimates that 1 in 4 Americans over 26% of the American workforce will be working remotely through 2021. They also estimate that 22% of the workforce (36.2 Million Americans) will work remotely by 2025.

They will be but...

What's your limit?

Remember what I said about moving closer to your work?

workers with long commutes—more than 31 miles (50 kilometers) one way—die sooner than people who live closer to their job.

They also are more likely to get divorced.

You are not mechanically inclined I gave you two hints, only an idiot drives around on empty
Some gas doesn't mean no gas. ;)

gas gauge.JPG

When my 'low fuel' light comes on I have about 25 miles worth of gas left. I always deliberately run out of gas to check this out on any car I buy.

Last edited:

View attachment 619990

When my 'low fuel' light comes on I have about 25 miles worth of gas left. I always deliberately run out of gas to check this out on any car I buy.

View attachment 619990

And that lady's and gentleman is how you destroy a fuel pump

Good question. I work from home and when I do go to work I work 7 minutes away. So I could probably deal with $10 a gallon gas. But I wouldn't be going up north in my truck as often as I do now.

This happened to me in 2000's. Gas went up over $4 and I seriously thought about selling my condo and moving to Ann Arbor where I worked. I believe it was costing me $20 a day to go back and forth to work. So $10 a gallon would have cost me $50 a day? I remember gas was putting trucking companies out of business. So it's probably a big problem now. What to do?

But seriously, we need to start moving closer to our jobs. 1 hour away is ridiculous. What will happen if gas goes to $10 a gallon? A lot will change.

Since the first quarter of 2020 remote work trends have changed. Thanks to technology and innovation it’s working out well for many employers.

All around the world, more and more employers are embracing flexible schedules for their remote teams leading to new remote work trends and more remote work options.

Upwork estimates that 1 in 4 Americans over 26% of the American workforce will be working remotely through 2021. They also estimate that 22% of the workforce (36.2 Million Americans) will work remotely by 2025.
I think this concept "What's the limit" deserves a thread.

Forum List

Back