How to lower gas prices.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
As gas prices rise people rush to fill their tanks before they rise higher. However, the price seems to be peaking, and falling in many regions. So why fill your tank with 4 dollar gas when next week gas will likely cost less, but you will have a full tank of 4 dollar gas. Best to buy just enough to get around. Now, if there was a shortage of gas filling up would be smart. However there is no shortage, so let the filling station store their high priced gas, while you buy just what you need until prices fall. Another benefit is that if someone steals your gas they won't get very much so you won't be out a lot of money (unless of course they drill a hole in your tank).

Last edited:
1647867642913.png

As gas prices rise people rush to fill their tanks before they rise higher. However, the price seems to be peaking, and falling in many regions. So why fill your tank with 4 dollar gas when next week gas will likely cost less, but you will have a full tank of 4 dollar gas. Best to buy just enough to get around. Now, if there was a shortage of gas filling up would be smart. However there is no shortage, so let the filling station store their high priced gas, while you buy just what you need until prices fall. Another benefit is that if someone steals your gas they won't get very much so you won't be out a lot of money (unless of course they drill a hole in your tank).

I usually just drive 200 miles there and back to a little gas station in the next state, to fill up my tank.

Gas is 10 cents cheaper there.

:laughing0301:

Until prices fall? Did Poopeypants suffocate in one of his dirty Depends? Thats the only way prices will fall.

Brilliant!!! And don't drive needlessly. I would assume the high gas prices are already curbing driving but even 1 or 2 fewer trips a week per everyone really adds up.

Back in the Bush years I worked 1 hour from home and gas went over $4. I started paying a guy $10 a day to come swing by and pick me up. Plus I smoked him down on the way to and from work. Win Win. LOL.

Until prices fall? Did Poopeypants suffocate in one of his dirty Depends? Thats the only way prices will fall.
So stocks will never go up again and gas prices won't fall?

I say the oil companies are in the GOP's pocket. So gas prices will stay high until after the midterms. You probably think Biden is in bed with the oil companies. If you are right, prices will go down before the midterms.

How?
Stop buying gas.
Fuel efficient vehicles.
End unnecessary driving
Mass Transit
Walk
Ride a bike...

We'll all be a little healthier, wealthier, and some of us, wiser.

How?
Stop buying gas.
Fuel efficient vehicles.
End unnecessary driving
Mass Transit
Walk
Ride a bike...

We'll all be a little healthier, wealthier, and some of us, wiser.
You missed one. Drive your current car as long as you possibly can.

I have been leasing a new car every 3 years for almost my entire adult life. I'm part of the problem!!!

Stocking up can greatly reduce trips. Since I started I have reduced trips by half.

You missed one. Drive your current car as long as you possibly can.

I have been leasing a new car every 3 years for almost my entire adult life. I'm part of the problem!!!
True, assuming the car gets decent milage.
My cars are 13, 13, 13, and 11 years old.Well maintained and above average for their models in performance.

Forum List

Back