How To Go To Heaven?It is very simple to be saved and takes only a minute to explain.

Your worldview, to be blunt, is a convoluted mess. Here you say it takes work and discipleship, which even I as an evangelical Christian will not deny--it takes laying down your cross daily. But below you say everyone is forgiven, we are all the salt of the earth. Just a total contradiction. Oh, and Jesus loves the atheist more than the devout. Great, than why even be a disciple?

Sorry, that's just really convoluted. That's what happens when you decide the Bible is wrong and you know the Word of God better than God Himself. Sadly.
Actually, it takes picking up your cross daily, not laying it down. Jesus said that to his disciples, just as he told them they were the salt of the earth. So...how can this be a total contradiction? Nor did I say Jesus loves the atheist "more" than the devout. I said God loves all of us beyond our imaginings.

Why be a disciple? Jesus answered that as well. He described this way the yoke is easy, the burden light. He also said it gives one a more fulfilling life.

As you see, I did not decide the Bible was wrong. I had faith the Bible was right, and it has guided my life. Following and being a disciple of Christ, picking up my cross daily, knowing God loves all, is joy--and not convoluted at all. It is direct and straight forward, as one might expect from God's word.

Sorry to have upset you, Sue, I truly am. But I will also point out that you are misunderstanding what I am saying, and what my points are.

You did not say Jesus' disciples are the salt of the earth at all. THIS is what you said. You said "WE are ALL loved by God. He says we are the salt of the earth."

That's simply not true. God might love us all, but we are not all the salt of the earth. And you most assuredly said Jesus loves the atheist and the mistaken just as much IF NOT MORE than the devout.

This is not only wrong, it is borderline heresy and has the potential to lead people into complacency and worse. "Well, I'm fine not to follow and love Jesus and put my trust in Him--probably Jesus loves me MORE because I'm mistaken and an atheist". Because that's what you said. And that is wrong. Also, you're not forgiven if you don't ASK for it, specifically. Jesus' death on the cross is not universal salvation.

What I wish people grasped about God:
  • We are all loved by God. He says we are the salt of the earth.
  • God loves the atheist and the mistaken as much (if not more) than He loves the devout.
  • Our part in our creation and in the creation of this world is our thoughts. Keep them good.
  • We are forgiven.
  • This life is good. Value it.
  • Love your fellow man. Like you, he seeks love and kindness.
Our many different perspectives are not such a bad thing. They broaden our outlook.

By God for the sins of the guilty.
I see no point in arguing with someone who knows absolutely nothing about the most basic tenets of Christianity.
This is not a tenet of the majority of those who practice Christianity. It is the tenet of a few Protestant sects. Have you considered perhaps these Christians have it wrong? Have you read the Gospels? Do you recall Jesus preaching about how everyone deserved to be punished? Do you recall him teaching that God sent him so that He could punish one person for the sins of all mankind? If Jesus did not teach this, who is teaching it, and when and why did they come up with such a hypothesis? And why have Catholics and Orthodox (the majority) been adamant about teaching the Good News (repentance for the forgiveness of sins) rather than "Punishment for one for the forgiveness of sins"?

It is New Testament, Biblical teaching. It is also right from Jesus' mouth:

"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many...." a verse which appears in fact in Matthew, Mark AND John.

So really, stop it with the utter heresies. Not even the Catholic Church would agree with you at this point.

Forget lies of 'atheists' and sinners, it is very simple to be saved.Read below the 'guidance' and follow it.
  1. Man is a Sinner in the Eyes of a Holy God.
  • Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
  • Romans 3:19, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
  • John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
  • Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
  • Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
  1. There is a Price For Our Sin―Burning in Hell Forever.
  • Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
  • Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
  • 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
  • Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
  • Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Jesus paid that price by dying on the cross and shedding His blood; Christ was buried and bodily rose again the third day!

• Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
    • John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
    • 1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
    • 1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ...”
    • 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” This is the Gospel

By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved
      • Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
      • John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
      • John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
      • Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
      • John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
      • John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
      • Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
      • Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
      • Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
      • 1st Corinthians 3:11, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
      • Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person... The LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Simply BELIEVE the Gospel and You Are Saved!

How To Go To Heaven

so you can rape and slaughter and murder and steal and cheat and lie but as long as you ask god to forgive you and join his cult?....that's it?........

how many people have YOU raped and slaughtered?

Yes. That also really upset the Scribes and Pharisees in Jesus' day, who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery.

You did not say Jesus' disciples are the salt of the earth at all. THIS is what you said. You said "WE are ALL loved by God. He says we are the salt of the earth."

That's simply not true. God might love us all, but we are not all the salt of the earth. And you most assuredly said Jesus loves the atheist and the mistaken just as much IF NOT MORE than the devout.

Yes, I did say that (if not more), which I take as being different than making an overall claim of more. Recall Jesus painting the picture of a good shepherd leaving the ninety-nine to find the one; also the parable of the Prodigal Son.

This is not only wrong, it is borderline heresy and has the potential to lead people into complacency and worse. "Well, I'm fine not to follow and love Jesus and put my trust in Him--probably Jesus loves me MORE because I'm mistaken and an atheist". Because that's what you said. And that is wrong. Also, you're not forgiven if you don't ASK for it, specifically. Jesus' death on the cross is not universal salvation.

Testifying to the love of God leads people to complacency and worse? I did not know that.

Can you also point to where Jesus commanded someone to "ASK" for forgiveness? I recall places where Jesus pronounced forgiveness of sins before he was asked. Mind you, I do believe in asking for forgiveness--Catholics are ever doing so. We also hear it pronounced, "Your sins are forgiven, go in peace."

"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many...." a verse which appears in fact in Matthew, Mark AND John.

So really, stop it with the utter heresies. Not even the Catholic Church would agree with you at this point.
I did not know "ransom" and "punishment" are synonyms.

Yes, I did say that (if not more), which I take as being different than making an overall claim of more. Recall Jesus painting the picture of a good shepherd leaving the ninety-nine to find the one; also the parable of the Prodigal Son.

Testifying to the love of God leads people to complacency and worse? I did not know that.

Can you also point to where Jesus commanded someone to "ASK" for forgiveness? I recall places where Jesus pronounced forgiveness of sins before he was asked. Mind you, I do believe in asking for forgiveness--Catholics are ever doing so. We also hear it pronounced, "Your sins are forgiven, go in peace."

To the former I did not realize Catholics were Calvinists--interesting.

To the latter, Jesus did not proclaim over a gathering of unbelievers that their sins were forgiven. The announcement was preceded by an act of faith on the part of the "asker": a request for healing, etc. I cannot recall a single event in the Gospels were Jesus simply says, unprompted and unbidden, to even ONE person let alone a large gathering, that their sins are forgiven without any initiation on their part. But even if He did, He would be able to make that judgment because He is the Son of God, and also God, and all-knowing. You are not, and yet you proclaimed anyone reading your words "forgiven". We do know they are loved; the Bible says this. It does NOT say everyone is forgiven. And yes indeed, preaching heresy is always dangerous. It can breed complacency and worse.

I see no point in arguing with someone who knows absolutely nothing about the most basic tenets of Christianity.
This is not a tenet of the majority of those who practice Christianity. It is the tenet of a few Protestant sects. Have you considered perhaps these Christians have it wrong? Have you read the Gospels? Do you recall Jesus preaching about how everyone deserved to be punished? Do you recall him teaching that God sent him so that He could punish one person for the sins of all mankind? If Jesus did not teach this, who is teaching it, and when and why did they come up with such a hypothesis? And why have Catholics and Orthodox (the majority) been adamant about teaching the Good News (repentance for the forgiveness of sins) rather than "Punishment for one for the forgiveness of sins"?

I did not know "ransom" and "punishment" are synonyms.

This is standard Biblical teaching. In the so-called Christianity you have fabricated out of thin air, there is no need for Jesus to have even gone to the Cross. When Peter suggested this to Christ, Jesus told him "Get behind me, Satan".

To the former I did not realize Catholics were Calvinists--interesting.
Now you are being ridiculous and it is unbecoming.

To the latter, Jesus did not proclaim over a gathering of unbelievers that their sins were forgiven. The announcement was preceded by an act of faith on the part of the "asker": a request for healing, etc. I cannot recall a single event in the Gospels were Jesus simply says, unprompted and unbidden, to even ONE person let alone a large gathering, that their sins are forgiven without any initiation on their part. But even if He did, He would be able to make that judgment because He is the Son of God, and also God, and all-knowing. You are not, and yet you proclaimed anyone reading your words "forgiven". We do know they are loved; the Bible says this. It does NOT say everyone is forgiven. And yes indeed, preaching heresy is always dangerous. It can breed complacency and worse.

Off topic. I am saying that Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. The Good News he wanted spread to the ends of the earth was Repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

This started because someone in the thread brought up the idea that Jesus was punished for our sins. What people believe, clearly, is their business. I am simply pointing out Jesus did not teach, "Punishment of one man for the forgiveness of sins." For those familiar with all that Jesus said, this is not new or surprising information. Nor should others become upset because some believe in repentance for the forgiveness of sins--and, that Jesus ransomed/redeemed mankind.

In the so-called Christianity you have fabricated out of thin air, there is no need for Jesus to have even gone to the Cross. When Peter suggested this to Christ, Jesus told him "Get behind me, Satan".
I have fabricated nothing. In all I have said, there is every reason for Jesus to have accepted his cross and no reason he could/should have avoided it. Peter, not anything I have said, suggested Jesus avoid it.

Sue, I think you need to study, not twist, what I say. You are jumping to conclusions, and the warning about conclusions still stands: They often indicate the point someone stopped thinking.

All I am saying is that there is nothing Jesus said, or anything in the Gospels that say, God sent Jesus to be punished. Becoming our perfect sacrifice is not the same as being sent to be punished.

In the so-called Christianity you have fabricated out of thin air, there is no need for Jesus to have even gone to the Cross. When Peter suggested this to Christ, Jesus told him "Get behind me, Satan".
I have fabricated nothing. In all I have said, there is every reason for Jesus to have accepted his cross and no reason he could/should have avoided it. Peter, not anything I have said, suggested Jesus avoid it.

Sue, I think you need to study, not twist, what I say. You are jumping to conclusions, and the warning about conclusions still stands: They often indicate the point someone stopped thinking.

All I am saying is that there is nothing Jesus said, or anything in the Gospels that say, God sent Jesus to be punished. Becoming our perfect sacrifice is not the same as being sent to be punished.

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh --1 Peter 3:18

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.--2 Corinthians 5:21

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—Galatians 3:13

But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.--Isaiah 53:5

Or in Meriweather's Christianity, are there only four books in the Bible: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? And where in the Bible, or even in the Gospels, is it true that sin does not need to be punished? How could God keep consistent with his status as perfect Judge is someone did not suffer the punishment for sin?

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh --1 Peter 3:18

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.--2 Corinthians 5:21

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—Galatians 3:13

But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.--Isaiah 53:5
What are you trying to convey here? Are you aware that in full context these verses support what I am saying? Yet you seem to be disagreeing with me.

You know less about Catholicism than Christianity!
Catholics DO preach "redemption" for sin through Jesus.
For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.
--John 3:16

What is the Redemption
Catholics believe that Jesus Christ willingly sacrificed himself on the cross for the redemption of human sins on the behalf of all humanity.

Our beliefs tell us that through one man, Adam, sin entered the world in the form of original sin. Since that time, humans have been cursed with original sin, the results of our first parent’s defiance and rejection of God’s love. Original sin is harbored in every descendant of Adam, the entire human race, from the very moment of conception. It is original sin that weakens the will of man, and creates a tendency in man to embrace evil and selfish passions. Original sin places a barrier between God and us, and the effects of original sin are so devastating that no man, by his own willpower, can overcome the selfishness inherent in original sin.

St. Paul tells us that, "For the wages of sin is death. But the grace of God, life everlasting, in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23)." Sin, both original and personal, separates man from God. Because God is the perfection of all that is holy, just and good he cannot tolerate sinful humanity in the fullness of his presence. Sin places a chasm between man and God that cannot be overcome by human religions, good works without grace, and man’s attempts to "try their best to live a good life." In essence no created person can bridge the gulf of sin between God and man.

Off topic. I am saying that Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. The Good News he wanted spread to the ends of the earth was Repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

This started because someone in the thread brought up the idea that Jesus was punished for our sins.
Then why do you think the 14 "Stations of the Cross" are prominently displayed in every Catholic Church???

Stations of the Cross - Prayers - Catholic Online
The Stations of the Cross are a 14-step Catholic devotion that commemorates Jesus Christ's last day on Earth as a man. The 14 devotions, or stations, focus on specific events of His last day, beginning with His condemnation. The stations are commonly used as a mini pilgrimage as the individual moves from station to station. At each station, the individual recalls and meditates on a specific event from Christ's last day. Specific prayers are recited, then the individual moves to the next station until all 14 are complete.

The Stations of the Cross are commonly found in churches as a series of 14 small icons or images. They can also appear in church yards arranged along paths. The stations are most commonly prayed during Lent on Wednesdays and Fridays, and especially on Good Friday, the day of the year upon which the events actually occurred.

Stations of the Cross
  1. Opening Prayer
  2. 1st Station: Jesus is condemned to death
  3. 2nd Station: Jesus carries His cross
  4. 3rd Station: Jesus falls the first time
  5. 4th Station: Jesus meets his mother
  6. 5th Station: Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his cross
  7. 6th Station: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
  8. 7th Station: Jesus falls the second time
  9. 8th Station: Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
  10. 9th Station: Jesus falls a third time
  11. 10th Station: Jesus clothes are taken away
  12. 11th Station: Jesus is nailed to the cross
  13. 12th Station: Jesus dies on the cross
  14. 13th Station: The body of Jesus is taken down from the cross
  15. 14th Station: Jesus is laid in the tomb

You know less about Catholicism than Christianity!
Catholics DO preach "redemption" for sin through Jesus.
For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.
--John 3:16

What is the Redemption
Catholics believe that Jesus Christ willingly sacrificed himself on the cross for the redemption of human sins on the behalf of all humanity.

Our beliefs tell us that through one man, Adam, sin entered the world in the form of original sin. Since that time, humans have been cursed with original sin, the results of our first parent’s defiance and rejection of God’s love. Original sin is harbored in every descendant of Adam, the entire human race, from the very moment of conception. It is original sin that weakens the will of man, and creates a tendency in man to embrace evil and selfish passions. Original sin places a barrier between God and us, and the effects of original sin are so devastating that no man, by his own willpower, can overcome the selfishness inherent in original sin.

St. Paul tells us that, "For the wages of sin is death. But the grace of God, life everlasting, in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23)." Sin, both original and personal, separates man from God. Because God is the perfection of all that is holy, just and good he cannot tolerate sinful humanity in the fullness of his presence. Sin places a chasm between man and God that cannot be overcome by human religions, good works without grace, and man’s attempts to "try their best to live a good life." In essence no created person can bridge the gulf of sin between God and man.
In short, Adam demonstrated how not to live life; Christ taught/demonstrated how to live this life. And note, redemption (like ransom) is not punishment.

Context: In the Old Testament, people presented a sacrifice for forgiveness of sins. That sacrifice did not take on their punishment. Similarly, Christians point to Jesus as our sacrifice, not as our punishment, because sacrifice was not intended as a punishment. This is not a difficult study nor is it hard to understand.

This being said, if people want to believe Jesus was punished for them, that is their belief. I'm simply pointing out that Jesus did not say this, nor was sacrifice considered a punishment. It was considered an offering to God. The sacrifice we offer to God is Jesus and our efforts at following him, because that is the perfect sacrifice.

Then why do you think the 14 "Stations of the Cross" are prominently displayed in every Catholic Church???
The Stations of the Cross is a mini-pilgrimage of the last day of Jesus' life. It is a devotion. We reflect on all he did for us, we express sorrow for our own sins, and we note how this cross redeemed a fallen world. Adam brought sin into the world; Jesus brought redemption (not punishment). It was not the Father's wish that anyone be condemned.

If Heaven isn't a den of sin and lust, allowing access to everything you denied yourself in life, then I have no interest
I was reading an article about the patriarch chapters in Genesis. The author said that in studying these chapters, one theme seemed constant. They left the tribe of Israel, went out into the world where lust and sexuality were not confined to the boundaries of marriage. It pretty much points out that unfettered sex is the most common reason for violence between human beings--that it leads to power struggles and chaos.

I think we can see this happening today in Western society where we no longer keep sex within the boundaries of marriage. The "Me, Too" movement and Kavanaugh hearings of this past year seem to be good illustrators. We also see power struggles that have erupted over homosexual relationships. Something to ponder.
Sounds very buddhist to me.

The Stations of the Cross is a mini-pilgrimage of the last day of Jesus' life. It is a devotion. We reflect on all he did for us, we express sorrow for our own sins, and we note how this cross redeemed a fallen world. Adam brought sin into the world; Jesus brought redemption (not punishment). It was not the Father's wish that anyone be condemned.
All he did was take OUR punishment for us. Call it what you like but an innocent was PUNISHED for the evil deeds of the guilty.

All he did was take OUR punishment for us. Call it what you like but an innocent was PUNISHED for the evil deeds of the guilty.
I understand you see it that way. I have no problem with what anyone wishes to believe. I am certain you have your reasons and are very grateful, as you should be.

I, too, am grateful. Jesus did so much for you, for me, for the world.

Forget lies of 'atheists' and sinners, it is very simple to be saved.Read below the 'guidance' and follow it.
  1. Man is a Sinner in the Eyes of a Holy God.
  • Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
  • Romans 3:19, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”
  • John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
  • Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
  • Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
  1. There is a Price For Our Sin―Burning in Hell Forever.
  • Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
  • Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
  • 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
  • Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
  • Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Jesus paid that price by dying on the cross and shedding His blood; Christ was buried and bodily rose again the third day!

• Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
    • John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
    • 1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
    • 1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ...”
    • 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” This is the Gospel

By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved
      • John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
      • John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
      • Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
      • John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
      • John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
      • Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
      • Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
      • Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
      • 1st Corinthians 3:11, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”

Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person... The LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Simply BELIEVE the Gospel and You Are Saved!

How To Go To Heaven

What if I really thought I was saved back in 1991 but started doubting back in 1996 then started believing again in 2001 and then started doubting again sometime in 2011? Can I be saved? Has God already turned me over to a reprobate mind? Was I ever saved? Even though I was raised in church, spent most of my adult life in church and read the entire Bible 3 times I still feel doomed. I think there is little hope for me. If there is a God then he clearly hates me.

My sins of pride, blasphemy, idolatary, lying, drunkenness and lust are so abundant that my mind is forever warped. Do I even need to be saved? Can I be saved?

I'm always hurting people by the things I say or the things I believe. I have a hard time remaining silent when controversial topics come up. Even if I was saved from hell, would I be eligible to be burdened from the hell on earth that I cause myself?

Forum List

Back