How Much Should A Teacher Get Paid?

Yeah, I did!:lol::lol::lol:.........He made his point quite well.

What I don't find funny though, IS LIES!

You know, LIES like the ones you pulled off to ensure you suck off the taxpayers teats for the rest of your life?

Yeah, you've got reasons to be such a snarky lil' lesbian now, don't ya'?

:cool:

The question is...when did the Educational System fail you, Wicked?
How is graduating high school a year early at 17, and an assosciates degree considered faling, ya' snarky lil' wench?

How is having the opportunity to retire at 45 years of age, with money in the bank you could only dream about, considered failing, ya' snarky lil' wench?

Suuure....:eusa_whistle: That's why you come across so very very...er...mature...on these boards. :eusa_liar:

How is graduating high school a year early at 17, and an assosciates degree considered faling, ya' snarky lil' wench?

How is having the opportunity to retire at 45 years of age, with money in the bank you could only dream about, considered failing, ya' snarky lil' wench?

Suuure....:eusa_whistle: That's why you come across so very very...er...mature...on these boards. :eusa_liar:

PRIVATE SECTOR TYPICAL WORKER & DAY AT THE OFFICE

Last edited by a moderator:

isn't it nice to not have to wait for food stamps to come in ? When my work slowed down it sure was nice to not have to ask uncle Sam to feed the kids.
Damn right!......My kids, and eventually their kids will never have to worry financially. Thanks to the hard work and personal responsibility of the my wife and I. Our kids are attending one of the top private schools in the country. At ten, soon to be eleven years old, our twin daughters are doing so well that they are already being courted by the top prep schools in the area......Yeah, education sure failed us!.......LMAO!

PRIVATE SECTOR TYPICAL WORKER & DAY AT THE OFFICE

Wicked?

Last edited by a moderator:

Once again, nothing more than one line snarky lil' comments.

Basically, you're the epitomy of a troll so, yeah, you deserve no respect. And pointing out that fact, along with your lies and inability to debate, is something that must be done. No reason to be nice about it. You are what you are......A snarky, ill informed, uppity lil' bitch.

Basically, you're the epitomy of a troll so, yeah, you deserve no respect. And pointing out that fact, along with your lies and inability to debate, is something that must be done. No reason to be nice about it. You are what you are......A snarky, ill informed, uppity lil' bitch.

See? That "I'm a mature college grad and successful business owner" aura just is all over your posts. :eusa_liar:

:lmao:

How much should teachers make?

Can't answer than until you tell us what the median family income is where they live and work.

Just about anyplace you go in the USA teachers median salaries are far below every other profession.

In WISCONSON for example, the median teachers salary is $48,000 which is about $7,000 less than the median family income in WI.

Still think WI's teachers are overpaid?

I know some of you do. It's obvious to me that many of you hate teachers, hate professors, and you hate intellectuals generally.

And, based on your writing and overall misinformed POVs about how our world works, I fully understand why many of you hate intellectuals, too.

Lechleiter-Luke makes $54,928 in base salary and $32,213 in “fringe benefits,” which include health insurance, life insurance and retirement pay.

Brad Lutes and his wife, Heather Lutes, told MSNBC’s Ed Schultz that Walker’s budget would hit them twice as hard.

“Having to explain to an 8- and 10-year old that the governor of your state basically wants to take money away from dad and mom? It’s just really, really frustrating,” Brad Lutes told Schultz.

He makes $49,412 in base salary with $27,987 in fringe benefits and his wife makes $50,240 with $9,413 in benefits. That’s $137,052 annually between the two of them.

Read more: Wisconsin Teacher Unions | Teachers Payed Higher Than Average Wisconsin | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Need to look at the fringe benefits also. Now that really doesn't look too bad, better than the private sector job, when the fringe benefits are included

Why in the holy hell would you explain anything to your kid THAT way, anyway? What the hell's wrong with that guy, telling an 8- to 10-year-old something like that?

The best qualified teachers should be in the poorer areas where the parental involvement is the least. There are professional teacher evaluators, called Praxis Reviewers that can determine the best teachers. These teachers should be receiving $10,000 (at least) more than the basic teachers in suburbia where students will progress even with the poorer teachers.

Shouldn't it be up to the teachers to decide where they want to work? They're human beings with lives of their own, not inanimate public resources to be apportioned out according to someone else's priorities. Cripes.

Teaching is one of the most important jobs there are and the secret of out future. Pay for this success well. The good teachers are hard to keep for their resumes will show the well equipped teacher to be very successful in business and hard to keep.

::yawn:: This tired song and dance again. "Important" yada yada, not that that particularly factors into salaries.

But it IS a fact that you get what you pay for. It is ALSO a fact that you don't get what you don't demand. Right now, teachers' unions and leftist nonsense make it all too easy for people who don't have the wherewithal to make it in the private sector to turn teaching into their own private little career hidey-hole. That doesn't benefit good teachers, students, or communities.

The best teachers know how to gain a rapport with the parents and are most apt to get more parent involvement than average teachers. They keep the parents informend and send home good notes and well as "We need to talk" notes. They work hard and go beyond the thier job to get involved.

Basic teachers should be paid $60,000 - $100,000 but not be protected by unions.

$60,000 - $100,000 for what areas? Based on what, aside from your personal opinion that they're "very important"? How in the hell do you figure an urban school district is going to be able to afford those kinds of salaries for all of the teachers they need to run their schools? What the hell are you smoking?

If we had a free market for education -like using vouchers- teachers would be paid for performance.

What's the first rule of the market? Rationing through price. Do we really want to ration our educational system by price?

Why not? It seems to work for every other job out there, many of which are - sorry to voice such heresy - more important than teachers.

By the way, the first rule of economics, and thus of the market, is "There's no such thing as a free lunch".

See? That "I'm a mature college grad and successful business owner" aura just is all over your posts. :eusa_liar:

You think I got where I am by being nice all the time?

Yeah, maybe in your, "the world is all rainbows, unicorns, and lilac scented fairy dust" liberal fantasy world.

Fact is, if you want to be a snarky lil' uppity bitch, i'm gonna treat ya' like one. Same as in real life.......I don't pull punches. Unlike you, i'm not phoney to the core.

Fact is, I get along with most of the lib's up here. Reason being, they can debate and put up an intelligent argument......You on the other hand, don't have the ability to debate beyond one line snarky lil' comments.......You're not very bright, and it's my pleasure to point it out!

And then of course, there's the issue of your continual LIES.

If we had a free market for education -like using vouchers- teachers would be paid for performance.

What's the first rule of the market? Rationing through price. Do we really want to ration our educational system by price?

Why not? It seems to work for every other job out there, many of which are - sorry to voice such heresy - more important than teachers.

By the way, the first rule of economics, and thus of the market, is "There's no such thing as a free lunch".

So by ration you mean lay off 1/2 the teachers and double the class room sizes, and cut the pay and benefits in 1/2 to the remaining teachers, while demanding the lil brats grades increase two levels in the first year or else. Have I got that right?

You think I got where I am by being nice all the time?

Yeah, maybe in your, "the world is all rainbows, unicorns, and lilac scented fairy dust" liberal fantasy world.

Fact is, if you want to be a snarky lil' uppity bitch, i'm gonna treat ya' like one. Same as in real life.......I don't pull punches. Unlike you, i'm not phoney to the core.

Fact is, I get along with most of the lib's up here. Reason being, they can debate and put up an intelligent argument......You on the other hand, don't have the ability to debate beyond one line snarky lil' comments.......You're not very bright, and it's my pleasure to point it out!

And then of course, there's the issue of your continual LIES.

All the time? Show us when you are nice ANY time. We can wait. :eusa_whistle:

So by ration you mean lay off 1/2 the teachers and double the class room sizes, and cut the pay and benefits in 1/2 to the remaining teachers, while demanding the lil brats grades increase two levels in the first year or else. Have I got that right?

Drill n' Kill, baby! Drill n' Kill.

Actually, the first rule of the market is: There's No Free Lunch.

No, thats just a Heinleinism. Price as a rationing mechanism is the first rule. Without price, you don't have a free market.

Wrong. It's actually cited by any number of prominent economists. Here's why:

Frederic Bastiat, the French economist, said, "There is only one difference between a bad economist and a good one: the bad economist confines himself to the visible effect; the good economist takes into account both the effect that can be seen and those effects that must be foreseen."

"There's no such thing as a free lunch" is another way of saying that if you don't see the price, you're not looking in the right place. And you cannot do anything correctly in economics until you know where the price is.

You are quite correct that price is a rationing mechanism. But that means nothing until you understand that there is ALWAYS a price, and it is ALWAYS functioning as a rationing mechanism. If you are asking, as you were earlier, if we want to ration our educational system by price, then you clearly are missing something that came before "price is a rationing mechanism". Our educational system, like everything else in the world, already has a price that goes with it and IS ALREADY RATIONED. It's just that right now, the price is unseen.

No, thats just a Heinleinism. Price as a rationing mechanism is the first rule. Without price, you don't have a free market.

You're wrong. I'm correct.

No Free Lunch means that prices exist. That is a first rule for a market to exist.

You and your fellow moonbats think you can manipulate market pricing mechanisms, but as there is No Free Lunch, the price differential will be felt in an another area (either intended or unintended).

I disagree. No free lunch is just a restatement of the first law. Markets exist without being free. In a free market, price is the only rationing system used, instead of force, which doesn't require pricing.

It doesn't matter if markets exist without being free. The first law still applies: there is ALWAYS a price.

By the way, whether or not price is "the only rationing system used" in a free market actually depends on how you're defining price.

And force still exacts a price of its own.

You see, that's the lie you union types always fall back on, but I would say yes because half of them do a crappy job any way. So after you lay them off, fire the ones who cant teach there kids to read like the ones in Wisconsin. The ones that are able to teach kids to read should be paid well so that they dont go teach at a private school. Easy.

That's all you've got?

You can't expand any further?

LMAO!......Thanks for further proving my point!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So your view is teachers are only motivated by money? Interesting...

It's up there..

Wealthy districts pay more, have better students, are safer and have better working conditions

Other than money, what is the motivation for working in a ghetto district?

I only ask because the liberal argument is teachers are worth their weight in gold because they sacrifice "for the children." I just find it interesting it turns out they are just greedy capitalists who take the job that pays the most money like the rest of us greedy capitalists do.

My favorite quote on this subject says it all: "We are simultaneously supposed to gasp in awe at teachers' raw dedication and be forced to listen to their incessant caterwauling about how they don't make enough money. Well, which is it? Are they dedicated to teaching tomorrow's future or are they in it for the money? After all the carping about how little teachers are paid, if someone enters the teaching profession for the big bucks, aren't they too stupid to be teaching our kids?"

That's all you've got?

You can't expand any further?

LMAO!......Thanks for further proving my point!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, I see you don't know what "Drinll n' Kill" means in the education field. :lol::lol::lol:

2/3 of there eighth graders cant read to good. The fact that the freeloaders even have a job is confounding. and yes, the teachers in Wisconsin are over paid for that reason alone.

Wisconsin Students Rank #2 in composite SAT Scores (Link)

And

Wisconsin Students Rank #3 in ACT Composite Scores (Link).

Yet the "freeloaders" are producing some of the highest test results in the nation.

>>>>

I'm going to break you idiots of using blogs as your sources if it kills me.

According to the College Board, as cited in USA Today, only about 6% of graduating students in Wisconsin even take the SAT, which skews their state's overall ranking. This is why the College Board advises against ranking states by score, since the more students who take the test in a state, the lower the score is.

Forum List

Back