How many white supremacists are there?

What I'm celebrating is how stupid the arguments from all you white wingers are. First you guys try to paint today's Democrats as the real racists because of the Democratic party support for slavery and segregation and then when we talk about that history it always turns out that it's actually you clowns who venerate those Democratic slavers and segregationists. All your arguments are dumb. Every single one of them.
No.

Democrats are racist because of people like you. And IM2. And Mr Sowell.

People who are alive today

So you're the deplorable idolater of those old piece of shit Democrats? Then can we finally put to bed the ridiculous argument that today's Democrats are awful people because of the history you clowns celebrate? 😄

Where did you get that from? I think Democrats are Communists and I certainly don't support that. I'm not that much of a history buff either because the present interests me more than the past since I can't change the past, I can only change my future.

But as a retired truck driver I've had hundreds of conversations with drivers from the south, and I don't know one that is proud of slavery or would even dream of supporting it today. What they are proud of is their southern heritage and way of life. As far as they are concerned, that's what the confederacy and flag means to them. They are pro southern states as I am pro-American. My country has been wrong on many occasions but I still love my country and flag. I'm still proud to be an American.

White supremacy is as American as apple pie. It was constitutive of the founding of our nation, like a serpent wrapped around the legs of the table on which the Declaration of Independence and constitution were signed. What we saw in Buffalo at the weekend is another manifestation of it.

From what we know, the alleged shooter was a young and gullible man who got caught in the web of neofascist propaganda. But it is important to look beyond him – to look to those who have created this atmosphere of anger and hate

Trump is not out there with a gun, but he is leading a campaign continuing what Malcolm X called a war against black and coloured people. He is doing it within the electoral political system. He is not killing folks. But he bears responsibility in terms of the context. Have no doubt, he is still the dominant figure.

Last year Biden said America was not a racist country, and his vice-president, Kamala Harris, backed him on that. But these are lies, and those lies have their effect. If we operate on that level, how can we ever address the vicious legacy of racism and white supremacy?

To the president and Democrats in power, I say: “Shame on you, you dropped the ball.” They must be vigilant and stop acting as if these murders are something they can address in a couple of weeks and then move on. Race is the most explosive issue in the history of this country: from war to civic strife to Buffalo.

Biden or any president can’t stop a rightwing gangster killing black people, but he can send a message. He can say: I am being consistent because one of my major priorities is to ensure black people have their rights. If, after all the demonstrations and the campaigns, racists pick up the message that politicians don’t really care about black people, we end up exactly where we are today.

Neofascists and the far right have momentum with their narrative of the great replacement, but someone – and ideally it would be Biden – needs to explain to them what is really going on: that in some places there is replacement in the name of fairness. That sometimes they are seeing visible black folk where they did not previously see them. The racists need to know that they are living in a changing society and we are concerned about them being treated fairly, just as they should be concerned about others being treated fairly. There is a fascist story about replacement and a progressive story about replacement. The neoliberal story cannot counter the fascist story, and we on the left have been unable to get our story out.

You know, it's funny you hating on the Confederates but loving the Democrats

Today's Democrats are every bit as racist as the Confederates were. They even have (willing) slaves
It's funnier that you hate today's Democrats while lauding those same racists as having valor. 😄

Just a fair warning, you'll quickly figure out after watching it that comedy is dead today.

A comedian can't tell a joke today without someone getting their feelings hurt.

Shows like All In The Family would stand no chance today. People today just wouldn't get it and be so offended. But at the time, it was a long standing number one show. It was a sitcom comedy for it's time, but not today.

Shows like All In The Family would stand no chance today. People today just wouldn't get it and be so offended. But at the time, it was a long standing number one show. It was a sitcom comedy for it's time, but not today.
A lot of people didn't realize that Archie was in fact a Caricature of a stereotypical racist bigot.

Carol O'Connor was actually wrongfully hated by a lot of lefties for that role.

A lot of people didn't realize that Archie was in fact a Caricature of a stereotypical racist bigot.

Carol O'Connor was actually wrongfully hated by a lot of lefties for that role.

It's the only thing that kept the show on the air. When it first came out the station was flooded with complaints, but they explained that Archie was acting as a Republican displaying the racism, lack of education and hate the Democrats made up about us at the time and still do today. Since there is no racism, lack of education or hate on the right, they have to make it up like they did back then.

The same Dems you lauded as valorous? 😄

Stop clowning yourself you moron.

Nope. I (we) are talking about the serving men, the ones fighting to defend their homes, not the politicians who led them to war over slavery.

You are the one who picked up that banner, and still operate by their playbook today.

This is about the 5th time we've gone over this point, Goat. I admit that your commitment to pretending to be retarded, is quite firm. Other than your vocabulary, I've seen no evidence of intelligence greater than a high level client.

Forum List

Back