How many times have we ALL told each other to "leave if you dont like it here"?

It was a puerile statement to make. No elected official should speak like this.

I've always thought it was a stupid thing to say to someone.
It basically says that you like it here and don't want change, so you want the other person to leave rather than fight against injustice or problems.
It's shallow, fourth-grade level thinking. I'd be embarrassed for anyone who blurted that out, let alone the "leader of the free world".
It’s like you invite someone to your home, and they start pointing out all the things better at their place and your decorations are racist, the food sucks and the bar doesn’t have the right Booz in it.

You tell them to go home.
I guess some would do that.

But they're not President.

We're not President.
So rules for thee and not for me?

Really?
I expect more and better from the President of the United States than some drunk guy screaming in a bar.

There really is nothing wrong with dignity, intelligence and professionalism. Those are not bad things, and they can be displayed regardless of a person's positions on the issues. It's not one or the other.

Gentlemanly decorum has gotten the Republicans nowhere with the current crop of Democrats. It's refreshing to see one who speaks his mind, and doesn't care what anyone - especially the Democrats - thinks about it.

Would that the rest of them would pick up on his cues.
Since I don't play the partisan politics game, I don't drop my standards based on the letter after a politician's name.

I expect professionalism, dignity, respect, decorum and thoughtfulness from our elected "leaders".

Those qualities don't preclude an intelligent adult from advocating for what they believe in. That's a crock.

I think this country has been dropping its standards across the board for long enough.
I’d prefer a fighter lead this nation. I at least have a little respect for the squad. They’re the dumbest bitches on the planet but they say what they want. You can’t fight that with a pussy president. You have to attack them at least at the level they are attacking us.

We're not President.

Really?
I expect more and better from the President of the United States than some drunk guy screaming in a bar.

There really is nothing wrong with dignity, intelligence and professionalism. Those are not bad things, and they can be displayed regardless of a person's positions on the issues. It's not one or the other.

Gentlemanly decorum has gotten the Republicans nowhere with the current crop of Democrats. It's refreshing to see one who speaks his mind, and doesn't care what anyone - especially the Democrats - thinks about it.

Since I don't play the partisan politics game, I don't drop my standards based on the letter after a politician's name.

I expect professionalism, dignity, respect, decorum and thoughtfulness from our elected "leaders".

Those qualities don't preclude an intelligent adult from advocating for what they believe in. That's a crock.

I think this country has been dropping its standards across the board for long enough.
I’d prefer a fighter lead this nation. I at least have a little respect for the squad. They’re the dumbest bitches on the planet but they say what they want. You can’t fight that with a pussy president. You have to attack them at least at the level they are attacking us.
A person can be a fighter without acting like a spoiled, ignorant, petulant child.

I truly don't understand why this needs to be so difficult to understand.

I've always thought it was a stupid thing to say to someone.
It basically says that you like it here and don't want change, so you want the other person to leave rather than fight against injustice or problems.
It's shallow, fourth-grade level thinking. I'd be embarrassed for anyone who blurted that out, let alone the "leader of the free world".
It’s like you invite someone to your home, and they start pointing out all the things better at their place and your decorations are racist, the food sucks and the bar doesn’t have the right Booz in it.

You tell them to go home.
I guess some would do that.

But they're not President.
Anybody with a back bone would do that. Tell your buddy to take his drunk ass wife home. The Whitehouse and this nation is our home. We don’t have to be civil to these idiots.

We're not President.

Really?

Yeah...
Those traits brought us 2 market crashes.
Go POLITE!!!!!

Really?

A person can be a fighter without acting like a spoiled, ignorant, petulant child.

I truly don't understand why this needs to be so difficult to understand.
Now go do that for the four idiots. Did you come to the same conclusion?

I don't like some of the things that are happening in America but that does not mean I have to leave. I can stay and try to change it or I can shut the fuck up. "If you do not like something, change it and if you cannot change it, change your attitude"

Guess we are all racists, sexists, bigots and whatever other ist y'all can think up.....no?
Trump didn't say leave. He said go back to where you came from.

Big difference.

Exactly so. There is a huge amount of difference between the statement "if you don't like it here, you can leave", and the statement of "go back to where you came from".

The first implies that you can leave, but it also acknowledges you as a citizen of the US. The second implies that the person is not a US citizen, and they need to go back to their country of origin. Only problem is, for 3 of those women, their country of origin is the USA. In the case of Omar, she could possibly be sent back, but only if she lost her naturalized citizenship.

What is even dumber is Trump is trying to paint the whole Democrat party as being led around by those 4 women. Hate to tell ya, but that isn't how DC works. If you have been there for a couple of terms, you get assigned to various committees, which is where the power is. These 4 congresswomen are newly elected, haven't got much power, and there are only 4 votes between them, hardly a majority.

Guess we are all racists, sexists, bigots and whatever other ist y'all can think up.....no?

Big difference.

Exactly so. There is a huge amount of difference between the statement "if you don't like it here, you can leave", and the statement of "go back to where you came from".

The first implies that you can leave, but it also acknowledges you as a citizen of the US. The second implies that the person is not a US citizen, and they need to go back to their country of origin. Only problem is, for 3 of those women, their country of origin is the USA. In the case of Omar, she could possibly be sent back, but only if she lost her naturalized citizenship.

What is even dumber is Trump is trying to paint the whole Democrat party as being led around by those 4 women. Hate to tell ya, but that isn't how DC works. If you have been there for a couple of terms, you get assigned to various committees, which is where the power is. These 4 congresswomen are newly elected, haven't got much power, and there are only 4 votes between them, hardly a majority.

Trump recognizes that the "squad" are masters of media manipulation in the same way he was, and that drives him crazy.

That's what is at the bottom of all this. It drives him nuts that AOC, a fellow New Yorker, gets so much media attention.

Just like Trump, she makes wild statements which are like chum in the water to media sharks.

Trump recognizes that kind of brilliance, and he can see she is smarter than he is. That scares him.

Big difference.

Trump recognizes that the "squad" are masters of media manipulation in the same way he was, and that drives him crazy.

That's what is at the bottom of all this. It drives him nuts that AOC, a fellow New Yorker, gets so much media attention.

Just like Trump, she makes wild statements which are like chum in the water to media sharks.

Trump recognizes that kind of brilliance, and he can see she is smarter than he is. That scares him.
Yes, drinking out of toilets nitwit is smarter......

Lol

Bitch is a FRESHMAN congress person who's dress is apparently 5 times larger than she is.

I've never told it to anyone in non-ironic fashion. Same with the rest of the liberals. The only reason we say it is to fling it back in a conservative speaker's face, thus demonstrating how despicable the tactic is.

Eliminationism is just a conservative thing. Liberals are happy to live and work with conservatives. Conservatives want liberals dead or gone.

It was a brilliant move, Trump finally making everyone aware that he is aware of the anti-American problem in America.

Forum List

Back