How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

As the crazies (John McCain's word) in the Republican party gain prominence in their party, more and more Republicans are seeing the light and leaving the Republican party.

Below is the story of just one prominent former Republican.

GOP College Chairman Slams Tea Party, Resigns, And Joins The Democrats - Here's To Our Youth!
By Leslie Salzillo

1404139162000-evan-alvarez-530x397-1.jpg

<snip>

The chairman of the MFCR (Mississippi Federation of College Republicans), Evan Alvarez, has opted not only to leave his position as College GOP Chairman this week, but he is joining the Republican party's arch enemy - the Democrats. In a publicly released letter, Alvarez outlines the reasons behind his decision:

I over the last 48 hours or so, I have been in deep thought about the future of MFCR and of the Republican Party. I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to be the leader of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans. I refuse to simply let people break the rules and think they don't have to answer for their actions, admit they were wrong, or even apologize. When I ran for Chairman in the spring, I ran to be Chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College REPUBLICANS, not the Mississippi Federation of College "Tea Partiers". Also, I believe that the Republican Party has allowed these groups of extremist to have too much of a voice and because of that, the platform of the Republican Party has shifted too far to the right in my opinion. For example, the drastic cuts on needed federal funding that these groups of Republican extremists support would leave society weak and crippled.

Secondly, their far right stance on immigration is not only ignorant, but it is cruel. After all our country is a nation of immigrants and should welcome immigrants from every country. My father was an immigrant from Cuba and came to America in 1959 because of the freedom that this nation offers. This freedom should be available to each and every individual that wants to come work hard and pursue his or her goals in America.

Finally, I believe the Republican Party has not done enough to put a stop to the hatred and cruel words and actions of the far right extremist in the party. The Republican Party consistently says they are trying to appeal to minorities, but this will never happen when we allow members of party to say cruel and ignorant things about Women, African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities in our country. I simply cannot be apart of organization that have members who support these far right extremist views, much less be the Chairman of the organization. So in conclusion, I, Evan Alvarez, am hereby resigning my position as Chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans, as well as my membership at the Mississippi State Chapter of MFCR. This change is effective immediately!

Spoken like a true Democrat. Now my questions are:
1. How many more college students will follow the lead of Alvarez?
2. How many Republicans out there secretly agree with Alvarez but are afraid to speak out?

3. How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer:
"They wouldn’t try. They prefer to just sit in the dark and complain that someone else isn’t changing it."

<snip>

For full story visit the Clarion-Ledger.

How many Democrats would it take????

A few thousand would run to the welfare office to collect a check, and it wouldn't get changed until a Republican came along.

As the crazies (John McCain's word) in the Republican party gain prominence in their party, more and more Republicans are seeing the light and leaving the Republican party.

GOP College Chairman Slams Tea Party, Resigns, And Joins The Democrats - Here's To Our Youth!
By Leslie Salzillo

<snip>

The chairman of the MFCR (Mississippi Federation of College Republicans), Evan Alvarez, has opted not only to leave his position as College GOP Chairman this week, but he is joining the Republican party's arch enemy - the Democrats. In a publicly released letter, Alvarez outlines the reasons behind his decision:

I over the last 48 hours or so, I have been in deep thought about the future of MFCR and of the Republican Party. I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to be the leader of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans. I refuse to simply let people break the rules and think they don't have to answer for their actions, admit they were wrong, or even apologize. When I ran for Chairman in the spring, I ran to be Chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College REPUBLICANS, not the Mississippi Federation of College "Tea Partiers". Also, I believe that the Republican Party has allowed these groups of extremist to have too much of a voice and because of that, the platform of the Republican Party has shifted too far to the right in my opinion. For example, the drastic cuts on needed federal funding that these groups of Republican extremists support would leave society weak and crippled.

Secondly, their far right stance on immigration is not only ignorant, but it is cruel. After all our country is a nation of immigrants and should welcome immigrants from every country. My father was an immigrant from Cuba and came to America in 1959 because of the freedom that this nation offers. This freedom should be available to each and every individual that wants to come work hard and pursue his or her goals in America.

Finally, I believe the Republican Party has not done enough to put a stop to the hatred and cruel words and actions of the far right extremist in the party. The Republican Party consistently says they are trying to appeal to minorities, but this will never happen when we allow members of party to say cruel and ignorant things about Women, African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities in our country. I simply cannot be apart of organization that have members who support these far right extremist views, much less be the Chairman of the organization. So in conclusion, I, Evan Alvarez, am hereby resigning my position as Chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans, as well as my membership at the Mississippi State Chapter of MFCR. This change is effective immediately!

2. How many Republicans out there secretly agree with Alvarez but are afraid to speak out?

Answer:
"They wouldn’t try. They prefer to just sit in the dark and complain that someone else isn’t changing it."

<snip>

He must have met a hot liberal woman....

Zero .They just wait for obama to change the bulb, then complain about how he did it .

Or

Zero. They just shoot the lightbulb , then claimed it wAs going for their gun.

By Leslie Salzillo

<snip>

Answer:

<snip>

The odds of there being a hot liberal woman are very, very low

By Leslie Salzillo

<snip>

Answer:

<snip>

The odds of there being a hot liberal woman are very, very low

And if they are hot they have the brains of a garden slug.

It would take one Republican to do so the Democrats would first have to form a nine person committee to study the viability of changing the bulb next they would need a five year study to asses any environmental impact from changing the buld after which they would decide against changing the buld and decide to stay in the dark.

Republicans are all over the map, some are very liberal. I don't understand why that's too big a point for the liberals here.

It take one conservative and a bunch of liberals to complain about it, because that's what they do.

Liberals would never SCREW ONE IN...............They are always SCREWING in the wrong place...................never happen.

As people get older they get wiser.
This jerk proves the exception to the rule.
Goodbye and good riddance to weak minded bleeding heart rubbish.

BTW the light bulb does not need to be changed. The power needs to be restored.

One "Moderate" Republican

The wacko birds would refuse because the darkness conceals their itty bitty evil little hearts......:p

Extreme conservatives would find someone else to do it...and try to pay next to nothing to have it done. Then complain the person theory hired didn't work hard enough.

Just one but it takes two steps:

1. Change the lightbulb

2. Give the old lady a righteous backhander for buying those damn energy saving bulbs.

Forum List

Back