How far are “Progressives” willing to progress?

Everything is great! Nothing could be improved or fixed...said no one ever.
Is there a predetermined end or are they willing to “PROGRESS” right past the Bill Of Rights and the Constitution? Many would say PROGRESSIVES have already ran past the Declaration Of Independence as most seem to denounce America’s right to sovereignty.
I
If there are goal posts, I don't know of any. To me progress is a continuous process so hopefully it will never end. The opposite of progress is stagnation.

Got it...so no end to how far Progressives are willing to “progress”. By default they must advocate for a support ALL change because that’s what fascinates them...am I right?
No. All progress is change but not all change is progress.
I should have clarified...here.
By default Progressives must advocate for and support ALL change that clearly moves further Left from traditional American normality, morality, principles, values and standards.
Am I right?

Slavery used to be moral in America. Segregation used to be moral in America. Denying women the right to vote used to be moral. We used to have a moral objection to gays serving in the millitary or getting married.

Used to be that laissez-faire principles were valued over breaking up abusive monopolies and other common sense market regulations.

Some morality, values and standards change and YOU conservatives get dragged along, most pretending that thats what you always belived and constantly talking about some mythical good old days that never were.
The change you describe was the result of organic evolution, it's how we've always changed.
The actions you champion now to FORCE change is nothing even close to "organic" evolution.
So slavery was not ended by force?
It would have ended within a few years without the War for Independence

Is there a predetermined end or are they willing to “PROGRESS” right past the Bill Of Rights and the Constitution? Many would say PROGRESSIVES have already ran past the Declaration Of Independence as most seem to denounce America’s right to sovereignty.
I
If there are goal posts, I don't know of any. To me progress is a continuous process so hopefully it will never end. The opposite of progress is stagnation.

Got it...so no end to how far Progressives are willing to “progress”. By default they must advocate for a support ALL change because that’s what fascinates them...am I right?
By default Progressives must advocate for and support ALL change that clearly moves further Left from traditional American normality, morality, principles, values and standards.
Am I right?

Slavery used to be moral in America. Segregation used to be moral in America. Denying women the right to vote used to be moral. We used to have a moral objection to gays serving in the millitary or getting married.

Used to be that laissez-faire principles were valued over breaking up abusive monopolies and other common sense market regulations.

Some morality, values and standards change and YOU conservatives get dragged along, most pretending that thats what you always belived and constantly talking about some mythical good old days that never were.
The change you describe was the result of organic evolution, it's how we've always changed.
The actions you champion now to FORCE change is nothing even close to "organic" evolution.
Maybe but you didn't answer the question. How many slave would have died waiting?

For the most part, they do not progress. You're giving them far too much credit by even going along with their word "progressive", because many of the things they believe and push for are not true progress.

I think C.S Lewis said it best in this quote. This is exactly what I meant:

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."

All the way to a dictatorship that's how far. The left hate that they are accountable to voters and restricted by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Now that they have the elections rigged the next step is to re-write both to fit the liberal world view.

You will OBEY or you will be PUNISHED by the left that's where this is headed.

See, my post (#18 above) which describes BluesLegend. Not only does he express hate for Progressives, his lies about their motivation is dishonest. Post #29, BTW, is absurd, and clearly off topic.

I lie about nothing libtard. Do you deny that the left hate us? Don't even go there. :talk2hand:
We of the correct life do not hate you,we pity your stupidity !

Lib please you liberal Nazi's just threatened to "cleanse" Trump supporters. :talk2hand:

I

Am I right?

Maybe but you didn't answer the question. How many slave would have died waiting?
Dont know, dont care.

We had slavery AS AN INDEPENDENT NATION FOR 80 YEARS before REPUBLICAN Abraham Lincoln ended it during his administration. 600,000 REPUBLICAN Americans died to end it.

1,300 WHITE REPUBLICAN ABOLITIONUSTS were lynched fighting the Democrat KKK

For the most part, they do not progress. You're giving them far too much credit by even going along with their word "progressive", because many of the things they believe and push for are not true progress.

I think C.S Lewis said it best in this quote. This is exactly what I meant:

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
Yep. They also steal the language.

All the way to a dictatorship that's how far. The left hate that they are accountable to voters and restricted by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Now that they have the elections rigged the next step is to re-write both to fit the liberal world view.

See, my post (#18 above) which describes BluesLegend. Not only does he express hate for Progressives, his lies about their motivation is dishonest. Post #29, BTW, is absurd, and clearly off topic.

I lie about nothing libtard. Do you deny that the left hate us? Don't even go there. :talk2hand:

I don't hate you, the fact is I pity you. You've been brainwashed by the New Right.

Read the reviews in the link, and read all of them, not the ones which fit your narrative, but the ones which don't too.

I don't hate you, the fact is I pity you. You've been brainwashed by the New Right.

Read the reviews in the link, and read all of them, not the ones which fit your narrative, but the ones which don't too.
The irony is priceless

I
Sexuality....how far? 50 sexes!

Fake news.

The irony is priceless

Idiot-gram ^^^; variety incoherent comment wrapped in a very weak ad hominem.

The irony is priceless

Where was the "ad hominem"?

Please find that.

The irony is priceless

Please find that.

"The irony is priceless"; you comment lacked a direct objective, thus I inferred the comment of my post which was not ironic, is was substantive. Either you can't write a substantive rebuttal to my comment on the link to the New Right, or you are too lazy and too biased to respond intelligently.

I

Am I right?

Organic my ass, it took people who belived that social and this economic progress can and should be made. It took progressives winning over conservatives of their time.

The irony is priceless

Please find that.

"The irony is priceless"; you comment lacked a direct objective, thus I inferred the comment of my post which was not ironic, is was substantive. Either you can't write a substantive rebuttal to my comment on the link to the New Right, or you are too lazy and too biased to respond intelligently.
If you don't see the irony in your post, then that is the greatest insult I could have against you. Thank you for making that happen.

I
Sexuality....how far? 50 sexes!
Why should I care?

The irony is priceless

Please find that.

I'll simplify, you and the left are full of shit. We just lived through 4 years of your hatred of the right. :talk2hand:

Long ago you ‘progressed’ right past REAL progression.
Literally EVERYTHING you Twilight Zoners call progress is actually crystal clear regress.
Nothing you hate America abnormals push is good for America as a whole that why you never provide accompanying data with your FEEL good ideals.
There’s a reason every single Lib run community, city and state is a dirty, dangerous, divided shithole.

Long ago you ‘progressed’ right past REAL progression.
Literally EVERYTHING you Twilight Zoners call progress is actually crystal clear regress.
Nothing you hate America abnormals push is good for America as a whole that why you never provide accompanying data with your FEEL good ideals.
When was it the Left progressed’ right past REAL progression?
  • When they supported Civil Rights?
  • When they supported Gay Rights?
  • When they supported Women's Rights?
I guess you see fighting for people's rights as regressive?

There’s a reason every single Lib run community, city and state is a dirty, dangerous, divided shithole.
You may not like NYC (former home of Donald Trump) but my niece lives there and pays $4K/month to rent a small, studio apartment. What are rents going for near you?

Forum List

Back