What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zone1 How does one become a moderator here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
How does one become a moderator here?
Are there certain criteria that must be met?
Who decides?

Toffeenut Baconsmuggler

Diamond Member
Reaction score
1. Be a narcissist
2. Your comments and PM's must be vague and mysterious
3. You have to play favorites
4. Move peoples threads without any warning to the poster of any kind
5. Be in silent mode for months, then all of a sudden, start berating and banning at least 10 people a day for a week

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First you have to pass an entrance exam with 12 essay questions to get your mod certification.

Then, there is the application. You must provide 36 forms of ID, provide a recommendation letter from your kindergarten teacher certifying that you play nice with others and don’t hawk loogies when no one is looking, and provide a down payment of 3 pounds of Cadbury chocolate before we will even look at your app. Oh, and send photos.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
First you have to pass an entrance exam with 12 essay questions to get your mod certification.

Then, there is the application. You must provide 36 forms of ID, provide a recommendation letter from your kindergarten teacher certifying that you play nice with others and don’t hawk loogies when no one is looking, and provide a down payment of 3 pounds of Cadbury chocolate before we will even look at your app. Oh, and send photos.
Cheesecake photos.

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Who decides?
You have to have previously ran a failed wannabe USMB message board that all the clique members were members of.

okfine

Platinum Member
Reaction score

If you are a RWinger, I heard Meister gives you a 2 point preference.

hjmick

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who decides?

One is asked.

As for criteria, I would imagine a measure of level headedness, an even temperament, and the ability to set aside one's biases are all factors that would lead one to receive an invitation to moderation.

Who decides? It has been my experience that it is the existing moderators who decide. On all the boards that I have been a member, the moderators often confer with one another and an individual is "nominated" and the approached.

OP
Orangecat

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Damn, you got hazed good. I've been a moderator before, twice to be exact. The standards here aren't that high, obviously.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Stand still when they ask for volunteers to step forward, and everyone else takes a step back.

Seriously, now that you have expressed an interest they will contact you if they think you are right for the job.

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I dunno, but I'd sure like to sign-up to be one.

I think I'd make an excellent choice for the next MOD.

So to the powers that be, HMU!!

Dogmaphobe

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The number one quality is the willingness to serve the existing power structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List