Zone1 How does one become a moderator here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does one become a moderator here?
Are there certain criteria that must be met?
Who decides?
You need to have experience
hallmonitors.JPG

First you have to pass an entrance exam with 12 essay questions to get your mod certification.

Then, there is the application. You must provide 36 forms of ID, provide a recommendation letter from your kindergarten teacher certifying that you play nice with others and don’t hawk loogies when no one is looking, and provide a down payment of 3 pounds of Cadbury chocolate before we will even look at your app. Oh, and send photos.

First you have to pass an entrance exam with 12 essay questions to get your mod certification.

Then, there is the application. You must provide 36 forms of ID, provide a recommendation letter from your kindergarten teacher certifying that you play nice with others and don’t hawk loogies when no one is looking, and provide a down payment of 3 pounds of Cadbury chocolate before we will even look at your app. Oh, and send photos.
Cheesecake photos.

Who decides?
You have to have previously ran a failed wannabe USMB message board that all the clique members were members of.

If you are a RWinger, I heard Meister gives you a 2 point preference.

Who decides?

One is asked.

As for criteria, I would imagine a measure of level headedness, an even temperament, and the ability to set aside one's biases are all factors that would lead one to receive an invitation to moderation.

Who decides? It has been my experience that it is the existing moderators who decide. On all the boards that I have been a member, the moderators often confer with one another and an individual is "nominated" and the approached.

Damn, you got hazed good. I've been a moderator before, twice to be exact. The standards here aren't that high, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back