How Do You Know Voting By Mail Works? The Military Has Been Doing It Since The Civil War

So, you are opposed to mail in voting for the sole fact liberals want it
if the left wasn't pushing for it for everyone, we wouldn't be discussing it ya moron.
So yes, the left has defined our position via their demands......NOT TRUMP.

You seemingly lack any critical thinking skills
Lol... You are so stupid you can’t see the idiocy of your logic. The person defining your idiotic position is yourself. No one is defining it for you. You have no argument other than liberals want it. What a stupid argument.
You are lost. Politics is nothing but positions. The opposing position is ALWAYS brought forth because of a bill or a proposition by a politician/party.

You can not oppose a position that does not exist ya friggin fool
Let me see if I can discern your argument. All political positions must have a competing position no matter how inane the competing position may be.

Yeah that sounds like a Trumpist argument.
Is that what I said?

Well no, no it isn't.

Seriously dude, you do not belong on this forum. You lack logic and the ability to comprehend what you read.
Me..Your logic is totally nonsensical. It is because your position is so weak you can’t defend it except by spewing complete asininity.

Last edited:
So, you are opposed to mail in voting for the sole fact liberals want it
if the left wasn't pushing for it for everyone, we wouldn't be discussing it ya moron.
So yes, the left has defined our position via their demands......NOT TRUMP.

You seemingly lack any critical thinking skills
Lol... You are so stupid you can’t see the idiocy of your logic. The person defining your idiotic position is yourself. No one is defining it for you. You have no argument other than liberals want it. What a stupid argument.
You are lost. Politics is nothing but positions. The opposing position is ALWAYS brought forth because of a bill or a proposition by a politician/party.

You can not oppose a position that does not exist ya friggin fool
Let me see if I can discern your argument. All political positions must have a competing position no matter how inane the competing position may be.

Yeah that sounds like a Trumpist argument.
Is that what I said?

Well no, no it isn't.

Seriously dude, you do not belong on this forum. You lack logic and the ability to comprehend what you read.
Me..Your logic is totally nonsensical. It is because your position is so weak you can’t defend it except by spewing complete asininity.
My position was spelled out clearly at the beginning of the thread and it has nothing to do with Trump. You've been playing mental gymnastics trying to tie it to trump.
You're either willfully stupid or mentally challenged.

How many DEAD PEOPLE are still on the voter roles? All of those people will have ballots mailed to them and those thousands upon thousands of ballots will wind up.........

Yeah, no....FUCK MAIL IN VOTING
That is an outright lie. Trump votes by mail in ballot. Trumpers apparently have such weak minds that they parrot whatever ever comes from Trump’s own mouth regardless of its falsity.

Of course, attacking mail in ballots is really all about discrediting the election results. Trumpers can’t stand the thought of losing an election. What can they do? Attack the process.
Hey, remember the time Hillary lost -- the second time, I mean -- and the left kollektively decided we should do away with the Electoral College?

It is only a problem since your new lord told you it was a problem.
Just because YOU can't fathom thinking for yourself without leftist talking points does not mean no one else can.
You really are quite the douchebag.
We have been DEMANDING that you present a VALID ID for DECADES. How do we go from that position DECADES before Trump to not approving of mass mail in voting because of Trump?

It's almost like you CANT THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Trump has NOTHING to do with my opinions on voting requirements and I doubt it matters to most others either.
leftists: YOU HAVE TO SHOW PAPERS TO PROVE UR ALLOWED TO GO OUTSIDE

also leftists: NO ONE SHOULD EVER HAVE TO SHOW AN ID TO VOTE THATS RACIST

WASHINGTON — The nation in crisis. A divisive president up for re-election. Millions of Americans who can't make it to their local polling place. Partisan fights over proposals to vote by mail.

Sound familiar?

It was the 1860s, the Civil War was raging and Republicans, led by President Abraham Lincoln, wanted to let Union soldiers vote from the battlefield. The opposition Democrats balked. They warned of rampant fraud and "a scheme" by Republicans "to gain some great advantage to their party," as one Wisconsin state senator put it before the legislature voted on party lines to become the first state to legalize absentee voting.

About 150,000 of the 1 million Union soldiers were able to vote absentee in the 1864 presidential election in what became the first widespread use of non-in-person voting in American history.

A century and a half later, amidst a new debate over voting by mail as the country prepares to hold an election during a different kind of war — this one against the coronavirus — America's long history of letting soldiers vote from far-flung war zones shows the issue has always been controversial, but that the worst fears of critics have never come to pass.

It's now easier in some ways for a Marine in Afghanistan to vote than it is for an American stuck at home during the COVID-19 lockdown. And some lawmakers and advocates want to use the rules that lets that Marine cast a ballot as a model for how all Americans could vote in the November presidential election if the pandemic continues.

Coming to your state soon.
https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/w...in-voting-expects-safe-convention-81880645593
/——/ Actually Al Bore’s lawyers got the military votes tossed in the Florida recount because the individual ballots did not have a post mark, only the mail bag they came in did. So you see, it’s not a good system. But being 9 years old, you would remember that.

Voting by mail should be streamlined and made easier, instead, Republicans attack and impede this because, well, they know they have to corrupt the voting process to remain getting elected.
People die and people move, and those ballots just keep coming to the same old address.
It really isn't more complicated than that.

How many DEAD PEOPLE are still on the voter roles? All of those people will have ballots mailed to them and those thousands upon thousands of ballots will wind up.........

Yeah, no....FUCK MAIL IN VOTING

How does a dead person sign their name? ... are you suggesting forgery? ...
... plus if someone dies, there's a death certificate issued and that's public information ... the county election boards can cross-reference these with their own voter rolls ...
Yep...forgery, it's done in every election.
The board does not have the time to go through the 'public information' at that that scale, or funding to cross reference.
Not to mention out and out fraud.

Its way too easy to cheat with mail-in ballots.
We need to vote in-person with voter ID.

I disagree. The mailman verifies who they are sending ballots to a lot better than any anonymous voter ID or registration office bureaucrat will. How do you think they do voter ID? The use the post office to check the address.
So going to leave it up to a union worker to do the job? A person who may not be familiar with all the names on his route, or a large apt/condo complex?
A person who isn't certified for getting it right? Are you going to make a criminal out of that letter carrier if he screws up?

Voting by mail should be streamlined and made easier, instead, Republicans attack and impede this because, well, they know they have to corrupt the voting process to remain getting elected.
People die and people move, and those ballots just keep coming to the same old address.
That doesn't mean people are sending it in, or that they're counted if they are sent in. Normal folks aren't just randomly going to attempt voter fraud. What you're implying is nonsense and nothing ever backs it up as far as I can remember off the top of my head.

The board does not have the time to go through the 'public information' at that that scale, or funding to cross reference.
You keep saying these things, but more or less every study says voter fraud is such a miniscule problem that it legitimately isn't worth mentioning. It rarely actually succeededs and the times it does it doesn't change squat.

That doesn't mean people are sending it in, or that they're counted if they are sent in. Normal folks aren't just randomly going to attempt voter fraud. What you're implying is nonsense and nothing ever backs it up as far as I can remember off the top of my head.

You keep saying these things, but more or less every study says voter fraud is such a miniscule problem that it legitimately isn't worth mentioning. It rarely actually succeededs and the times it does it doesn't change squat.
The opportunity shouldn't be there..........PERIOD.
It doesn't need to be there. There is no way to quantify how much goes on, they only can go by what has been discovered.

Nobody knows how military votes work out. There is no way to trace them and make sure every one arrived and was counted.

All you really need to know about Vote-by-Mail is that the "Usual Suspects" support it vigorously. Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer...you know the ones.

THIS Republican will go along with it as long as there are reasonable and rational rules established, to wit:
  • The COUNTIES mail ballots to currently registered voters (those registered people who do not receive a ballot - or people who are registering for the first time - can get it from the relevant County, once their registration is confirmed);
  • Every ballot has a unique alpha-numeric ID, traceable to THAT VOTER;
  • Every mail-in ballot must be accompanied by a photocopy of a state-issued photo-ID, with a visible signature (state will make copies, free of charge, for those who need this service);
  • Every ballot received must be cross-referenced with the alpha-numeric ID, and the signatures verified;
  • It is a summary offense to mail someone else's ballot, or to ask a non-family member to mail your ballot; and those ballots are DQ'd;
  • It is a summary offense to both mail-in and vote in person.
Ballot mailing must be at least 60 but no more than 90 days ahead of Election Day, to provide time for mixups, late registration, and so forth. No ballots may be counted before Election Day, and no results published until after the physical polls close IN CALIFORNIA.

With those rules I would support it.

The only time I questioned the validity of an election was in a local one back in the 1990's. The city wanted to extend the mayor's term (and perhaps the council's? I forget) from 2 years to 4 years. It had been voted down a couple of times previously. The weekend before the vote, campaign signs went up for "Vote Yes for Strict Term Limits". Completely bogus slant of the issue because our city already limited the mayor to 2 consecutive terms. Then when I went to my assigned polling place, a half mile from my house, my name wasn't on the voting register. After my protest I was given a provisional ballot. Didn't hear anything for a few months but finally got a letter in the mail from election officials saying they were in error and that my vote SHOULD HAVE BEEN counted.

Our local elections are non-partisan but the area was heavily Republican as were its city leaders.

Besides the convenience this experience is main reason I signed up for early voting. Participants signatures are required, not on the ballot but on the provided return envelope. It is then possible to go to the election website a few days later to see if signature matched and thus the ballot accepted.

You're absolutely right, but conservatives have kept that zombie lie alive simply to discredit this voting process, which in turn, helps them to win elections.

It is essentially reverse voter fraud by Republicans.

The opportunity shouldn't be there..........PERIOD.
It doesn't need to be there. There is no way to quantify how much goes on, they only can go by what has been discovered.
Ideally sure, but you can say that about all bad things. And thus by your logic the things we do do, should be far more limited, just because the possibility for abuse or whatever exists and it shouldn't.

Its way too easy to cheat with mail-in ballots.

That's easy to say ... but now you need explain how ... Oregon has been strictly mail-in elections for a couple decades now ... so far there's been no cheating worth mentioning ... when one person registers to vote, one ballot is sent out, one ballot returned and the signature is checked to make sure it matches the signature at the voter registration office ...

We can't just photocopy 100 ballets and send them in ... one per person is all that will be counted ...

Again, the question is how do we cheat a mail-in election that can't be done during conventional elections with absentee ballots ...

Of course the better question is how do we mail in a decent sized ballet ... ha ha ha ...

We have both in person and mail-in voting. Believe it or not, there are more problems with the In Person than the mail-in by far. Colorado does an after election audit where all ballots are checked. There were only two fraudulent votes done in 2018 and one was done by the Head of the State Republican Party who filled out his divorced Wife(She lives in another state and voted there) and one other who also was a republican who filled out someone elses vote. Both were bagged. There is more of a chance of voting in person to be fraudulent than by mail-in because it's harder to stop the fake IDs.

I mail-in voted 4 times while in the Military in the major elections and it went well. I mail-in vote now. If any "Side" is wanting to stop mail-in voting from happening you should ask your self how they are cheating now without it.

WASHINGTON — The nation in crisis. A divisive president up for re-election. Millions of Americans who can't make it to their local polling place. Partisan fights over proposals to vote by mail.

Sound familiar?

It was the 1860s, the Civil War was raging and Republicans, led by President Abraham Lincoln, wanted to let Union soldiers vote from the battlefield. The opposition Democrats balked. They warned of rampant fraud and "a scheme" by Republicans "to gain some great advantage to their party," as one Wisconsin state senator put it before the legislature voted on party lines to become the first state to legalize absentee voting.

About 150,000 of the 1 million Union soldiers were able to vote absentee in the 1864 presidential election in what became the first widespread use of non-in-person voting in American history.

A century and a half later, amidst a new debate over voting by mail as the country prepares to hold an election during a different kind of war — this one against the coronavirus — America's long history of letting soldiers vote from far-flung war zones shows the issue has always been controversial, but that the worst fears of critics have never come to pass.

It's now easier in some ways for a Marine in Afghanistan to vote than it is for an American stuck at home during the COVID-19 lockdown. And some lawmakers and advocates want to use the rules that lets that Marine cast a ballot as a model for how all Americans could vote in the November presidential election if the pandemic continues.

DNC Chair has faith in mail-in voting, expects safe convention

If you can go out to the park for a walk, shop for groceries or open your door and walk outside then you can vote at a voting booth.

We used to have voting booths just down the street. In the last two elections, they weren't there. We have a lot of elderly people who can't drive. The nearest voting booths are over 3 miles away. One of the ways to rig an election is to shut down voting booths in the areas that may not vote the way you want them to vote and make it harder for those of a certain group to vote. No matter which side does it, it's rigging the elections. Mail-in votes stop this nonsense.

Sound familiar?

Here's just one example of how easy it would be to cheat. I'll use a fictional voter not to offend anyone.
Let's say a rapid whackjob leftist Spews14 moves to a new apartment 3 months before the election. He changes his address. He then receives his official ballot at the new place. He also receives a ballot of the former tenant. Spews14 is such a demented leftist he believes the world will end if Trump gets another 4 years he votes for Quid Pro Joe a second time and mails it in.
Now how does the election commitee know Spews14 cheated?

The Previous Occupant will vote at his new location. And it will be bagged in the Election Audit. Spews14 is in serious trouble at that point. If you State does not do any Election Audits (some don't, mostly red states) then you need to fire the lot of them.

Sound familiar?

How does the Navy get the mail off of a submarine at sea?

Ahh, skews you fucked up.... again. Imagine that. Everything you touch turns to shit. That's got to get old.... huh, buddy?

From one of YOUR communist sites (don't blame the right, fucknuts!)

Some Military Votes May Not Be Counted

This happens a lot. So your whole premise gets flushed down the shitter. When was the last time you had any kind of success in your miserable existence? Sad. Lick my taint and I'll give 4 or 5 more links to the exact same problem.

Sound familiar?

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/w...in-voting-expects-safe-convention-81880645593
You won’t get mail in votes so you can cheat. Move on

Forum List

Back