How Do You Know Voting By Mail Works? The Military Has Been Doing It Since The Civil War

Its way too easy to cheat with mail-in ballots.
We need to vote in-person with voter ID.

I disagree. The mailman verifies who they are sending ballots to a lot better than any anonymous voter ID or registration office bureaucrat will. How do you think they do voter ID? The use the post office to check the address.
I've lived in this house for 6 years. The mail lady delivers mail to people who haven't lived here in years.

Selective counties..just like the ones they ignored in the recount in Florida to help Gore.
Liberals have to cheat to win.

In Oregon, the ballot count is done by election officials and witnessed by someone from each of the many official political parties in the State ... I'm sorry if the other States are to ignorant to do this, maybe their votes shouldn't be counted at all ...

Seriously, you don't think anyone would notice an entire county's election result was zero? ...

27 counties in Oregon voted in favor of The Donald ... 7 counties in favor of Hillary ... absolutely nothing unusual about this ...

WASHINGTON — The nation in crisis. A divisive president up for re-election. Millions of Americans who can't make it to their local polling place. Partisan fights over proposals to vote by mail.

Sound familiar?

It was the 1860s, the Civil War was raging and Republicans, led by President Abraham Lincoln, wanted to let Union soldiers vote from the battlefield. The opposition Democrats balked. They warned of rampant fraud and "a scheme" by Republicans "to gain some great advantage to their party," as one Wisconsin state senator put it before the legislature voted on party lines to become the first state to legalize absentee voting.

About 150,000 of the 1 million Union soldiers were able to vote absentee in the 1864 presidential election in what became the first widespread use of non-in-person voting in American history.

A century and a half later, amidst a new debate over voting by mail as the country prepares to hold an election during a different kind of war — this one against the coronavirus — America's long history of letting soldiers vote from far-flung war zones shows the issue has always been controversial, but that the worst fears of critics have never come to pass.

It's now easier in some ways for a Marine in Afghanistan to vote than it is for an American stuck at home during the COVID-19 lockdown. And some lawmakers and advocates want to use the rules that lets that Marine cast a ballot as a model for how all Americans could vote in the November presidential election if the pandemic continues.

Coming to your state soon.
DNC Chair has faith in mail-in voting, expects safe convention

If you can go out to the park for a walk, shop for groceries or open your door and walk outside then you can vote at a voting booth.

Its way too easy to cheat with mail-in ballots.
We need to vote in-person with voter ID.

I disagree. The mailman verifies who they are sending ballots to a lot better than any anonymous voter ID or registration office bureaucrat will. How do you think they do voter ID? The use the post office to check the address.
I've lived in this house for 6 years. The mail lady delivers mail to people who haven't lived here in years.

Before I moved from where I lived in Fort Bend County Texas the mail carrier would deliver mail from other addresses miles away and when you tell him he would refuse to take the mail back.

Many complaints about the guy and still he is delivering, so those that believe ( not you ) the mail person is a safe way to vote then they are delusional or just lying...

Not to mention IRS mails dozens of refund checks to same APT,,,,not complex...APT,,,,,,,I would love to vote dozens of times

Before I moved from where I lived in Fort Bend County Texas the mail carrier would deliver mail from other addresses miles away and when you tell him he would refuse to take the mail back.

Many complaints about the guy and still he is delivering, so those that believe ( not you ) the mail person is a safe way to vote then they are delusional or just lying...

One person? ... for that the entire Postal Service is corrupt? ... you put a line through the address section and write "no longer at this address" ... or just re-deposit the piece in the mail stream ...

Not to mention IRS mails dozens of refund checks to same APT,,,,not complex...APT,,,,,,,I would love to vote dozens of times

As a rental manager, tenants would bring me their ballots to fill out for them ... then when rent was due, I'd have them sign ... "or else" ... ha ha ha ha ... I got to vote 15 to 20 times per election !!! ...

Seriously ... I always filled out the ballots in such a way that I wouldn't have to raise rents ... many of the tenants considered it a benefit of renting from me ...

Selective counties..just like the ones they ignored in the recount in Florida to help Gore.
Liberals have to cheat to win.

In Oregon, the ballot count is done by election officials and witnessed by someone from each of the many official political parties in the State ... I'm sorry if the other States are to ignorant to do this, maybe their votes shouldn't be counted at all ...

Seriously, you don't think anyone would notice an entire county's election result was zero? ...

27 counties in Oregon voted in favor of The Donald ... 7 counties in favor of Hillary ... absolutely nothing unusual about this ...
They targeted Democratic counties only in FL to mine votes for AL Gore. It’s something they have already done.

And openly at that.

There is this really nice lady that visits the nursing homes. She loves to help by collecting the ballots and mailing them. Of course she mails ALL the ballots, not just the ballots that a marked blue or just the ballots marked red.

WASHINGTON — The nation in crisis. A divisive president up for re-election. Millions of Americans who can't make it to their local polling place. Partisan fights over proposals to vote by mail.

Sound familiar?

It was the 1860s, the Civil War was raging and Republicans, led by President Abraham Lincoln, wanted to let Union soldiers vote from the battlefield. The opposition Democrats balked. They warned of rampant fraud and "a scheme" by Republicans "to gain some great advantage to their party," as one Wisconsin state senator put it before the legislature voted on party lines to become the first state to legalize absentee voting.

About 150,000 of the 1 million Union soldiers were able to vote absentee in the 1864 presidential election in what became the first widespread use of non-in-person voting in American history.

A century and a half later, amidst a new debate over voting by mail as the country prepares to hold an election during a different kind of war — this one against the coronavirus — America's long history of letting soldiers vote from far-flung war zones shows the issue has always been controversial, but that the worst fears of critics have never come to pass.

It's now easier in some ways for a Marine in Afghanistan to vote than it is for an American stuck at home during the COVID-19 lockdown. And some lawmakers and advocates want to use the rules that lets that Marine cast a ballot as a model for how all Americans could vote in the November presidential election if the pandemic continues.

It's called absentee voting. See, the trick is you have to absent, not lazy.

They targeted Democratic counties only in FL to mine votes for AL Gore. It’s something they have already done.

Did Florida use a strictly mail in election system? ... no ... they didn't ... and if you could remember back that far, Democrats were disallowed what they were doing ... c.f. Bush vs. Gore ...

Perhaps the People of Florida are too stupid to run a proper election of any kind ...

Did Florida use a strictly mail in election system? ... no ... they didn't ... and if you could remember back that far, Democrats were disallowed what they were doing ... c.f. Bush vs. Gore ...

Perhaps the People of Florida are too stupid to run a proper election of any kind ...
Democrats are worried their fear mongering will keep their own lemmings at home on Election Day. They saw the mass republican turn out during the primaries and now they are spooked. This is the reason for the mail in ballots.

they have already tried getting unpost marked ballots counted in Wisconsin. Military votes thrown out in Florida. Sorry. Not buying this mail in ballot bs. Especially since Pelosi is holding small business relief hostage to push this through.

What kind of mail? ... I get a lot of mail addressed to "John Doe or Current Resident" ... or are you getting IRS summons or election office mail for other people? ...
Lat thing I got was for a previous resident's retirement plan.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the USPS knowing who lives where.

record 001.jpg

Sound familiar?

How dare you suggest making it feasible for people to vote, that may increase voter participation, you must be outta your mind, do you know the more people vote, the more certain republicans will lose, that's unacceptable...

Forum List

Back