How did you come up with your USMB handle?

Now I gotta ask....................what did you do to get that call sign?

My DIVO in 131 hat the call sign "Bags" because of the bags under his eyes.

My Dept. Head ended up with the call sign "Vegas" after a detachment to Lemoore (apparently something happened there, because for the first couple of months, his name tag read 'Hi, I'm Vegas, kick me'. Never found out the story behind it though, just knew the squadron named him Vegas).

So, knowing what I know about pilots and their call signs, I just gotta know why they called you White6.
Weird really and lousy radio procedure. Large exercise running weeks. National guard at the time. It was after SINGARS was in use in regular army, giving secure encrypted transmission, only that equipment, was not down to the Guard level at the time. We were still working of daily CEOI, but S-2 decided we would simulate on this exercise, so being a Commander was how I go the "6" and the units were color coded and mine was assigned as "White". I was OPFOR on this externally graded ARTEP and they had pissed me off. So I had my driver or another up for the first 24 doing nothing but systematically monitoring frequency by frequency and writing down the command Freqs and any other identifiable. Knowing the command frequencies and the color code designators as well as the designator for the Battalion staff functionaries after that was very handy, along with, the S-2 freq, Log freq, scout platoon freg, allowed me to Fk them up royally, as with the simulation going, they even gave locations, times of march, and of course know the other Commanders, I knew how they operated. Needless to say, the only one mention in excellence in regular Army's evaluation to the Brigade Commander was me, and you would have thought I was a tactical genius, but I was a cheating Sumbitch. I set alternate freqs for my subelements including a Platoon of TLAT and and infantry platoon (both loved being operated clandestine like rat patrols, both with excellent Plt Ldrs) and under strict instruction to operate on the tried and tested old school communications standards. I can tell you if, you know exactly who the players are where they set up, moving, redirected and maneuvering, one reinforced company of tanks, can easily fk up a tank whole Battalion with ease, especially on terrain I had been on for a week that they had not and I was, like I said pretty pissed and merciless, including channeling them through no-go areas that contained unknown to them areas of $15,000 dollar protected lillies and $25,000 protected tortoises, sometimes booby trapping smoke so they could not see where they were until it was too late, while having possible avenues of egress covered. The rest of the battalion was under battalion Command. I was actually under command of a Lt Colonel out of Oklahoma, where I picked up the Tow Platoon, but him knowing how and why was pissed off, he let me run as I pleased, and knowing how I was doing it, kept confidence and White 6 was rarely heard unless he and I were talking, knowing we were in the clear, and me giving him location references bases on a preset overlay of points I made for him, never using grid locations to avoid have to take time to shaq them up by the CEOI for transmission on the fly, totally useless to anybody that did not have my overlay. My closest friends in the battalion knew I was doing something, but didn't know what until the O Club after it was over. Oh, but it was the last time they simulated communication equipment, they didn't have.

Pinochet '24 was taken so I went with this

I started posting my witticism and insights on another Board that rhymes with Manatee, met several of current USMB Posters there. Pre-Obama, the Progressives were actually nice, civilized people and we used to go out to bars for meet ups. When Obama won that all changed, nobody needed to be civil any more.

I have a unique last name, pre Internet I thought there were only a small handful of us on the planet and I was wrong. I researched my ancestors and have reason to believe they might have participated in the Crusades. Hence, Pinochet'24

I've seen a lot of interesting handles on here, and some make me wonder a bit how the people who use them came up with deciding to call themselves that particular thing on here.

Me? Been calling myself ABikerSailor across the 'net for many years because it pretty much reflects the two things that have been a major part of my life. In my earlier years, I rode motorcycles, then started racing bicycles, and finally settled back on motorbikes again. Been on 2 wheels for the bigger part of my life, both motorized and pedal power. Still have my Lemond Zurich (a 21 lb steel frame racing bike), and probably had the most fun for the 10 years that I owned an HD Sportser (thing was capable of 130 mph). Been to Sturgis 3 times, and many other biker rallies. I think my favorite though was the ROT Rally in Texas.

Made a career out of serving in the U.S. Navy. Wasn't sure I would reenlist, but everyone told me to take shore duty after my first tour of being at sea, because that's where it's more like a 9-5 job. Did that, and was going to get out after shore duty, but a Senior Chief came up to me a couple of months before my EAOS, and said he'd help me get into a squadron if I reenlisted. I've always been highly interested in fighter aircraft, and when I was told I could be a part of an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), I decided another sea tour wouldn't be that bad since I would be able to get up close and personal with FA-18's. After that tour, I decided that it would be stupid to get out (had less than 9 years to retirement) and decided to go ahead and become a lifer. Subsequent tours were excellent, and I got to do things most can only dream about.

So. Because I was a biker/cyclist for most of my life, and because I was a career Navy man, that is why I call myself ABikerSailor.

What about the rest of y'all?
I sat down and seriously thought about what could be less faggoty of a handle than "ABikerSailor". And then, the answer was pretty much everything.

Last edited:
The guy in the picture with once called me "sweetheart" in a message that I once got from me and so it just went from there. :) :) :)

God bless you and James Otto always!!!

Holly

I sat down and seriously thought about what could be less faggoty of a handle than "ABikerSailor". And then, the answer was pretty much everything.

Thanks for the upvote. "Duke" makes me think of some preppie asshole with an Izod sweater (usually in pastel colors) draped over their shoulders who is secretly a bottom gay man or a neutered dog that was named ironically.

I've seen a lot of interesting handles on here, and some make me wonder a bit how the people who use them came up with deciding to call themselves that particular thing on here.

Me? Been calling myself ABikerSailor across the 'net for many years because it pretty much reflects the two things that have been a major part of my life. In my earlier years, I rode motorcycles, then started racing bicycles, and finally settled back on motorbikes again. Been on 2 wheels for the bigger part of my life, both motorized and pedal power. Still have my Lemond Zurich (a 21 lb steel frame racing bike), and probably had the most fun for the 10 years that I owned an HD Sportser (thing was capable of 130 mph). Been to Sturgis 3 times, and many other biker rallies. I think my favorite though was the ROT Rally in Texas.

Made a career out of serving in the U.S. Navy. Wasn't sure I would reenlist, but everyone told me to take shore duty after my first tour of being at sea, because that's where it's more like a 9-5 job. Did that, and was going to get out after shore duty, but a Senior Chief came up to me a couple of months before my EAOS, and said he'd help me get into a squadron if I reenlisted. I've always been highly interested in fighter aircraft, and when I was told I could be a part of an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), I decided another sea tour wouldn't be that bad since I would be able to get up close and personal with FA-18's. After that tour, I decided that it would be stupid to get out (had less than 9 years to retirement) and decided to go ahead and become a lifer. Subsequent tours were excellent, and I got to do things most can only dream about.

So. Because I was a biker/cyclist for most of my life, and because I was a career Navy man, that is why I call myself ABikerSailor.

What about the rest of y'all?
I just assumed you call yourself BikerSailor because you are gay. Hmm

FB_IMG_1455074934879.jpg
FB_IMG_1455074934879.jpg
Ozro was my great great grandfather, whom I've been told since childhood that I strongly resemble.

Forum List

Back