How did you come up with your USMB handle?

The avatar is my son's cat. Her breath is poisoned gas. When my son leans back in the recliner she gets on his chest, breathes her EvilCat Breath in his face and puts him to sleep.

I guess thats better than the other end of the cat............

fearthecatbutt.jpg

PSI is pounds per square inch

Skyscraper designers have to figure out how much pressure the steel has to handle as gravity progresses down a skyscraper. Messing with the minds of people who cannot figure out the physics of 9/11 by asking something as simple as the tons of steel on each level is my goal in life.

Since 9/11 physics has been history.

I came across USMB and decided to give it a try.
I didn't have any intentions of staying long.
I thought up my handle on the spur of the moment and decided to have an annoying handle.
If I had known that I was going to stay a while I would have chosen a better handle.

I've seen a lot of interesting handles on here, and some make me wonder a bit how the people who use them came up with deciding to call themselves that particular thing on here.

Me? Been calling myself ABikerSailor across the 'net for many years because it pretty much reflects the two things that have been a major part of my life. In my earlier years, I rode motorcycles, then started racing bicycles, and finally settled back on motorbikes again. Been on 2 wheels for the bigger part of my life, both motorized and pedal power. Still have my Lemond Zurich (a 21 lb steel frame racing bike), and probably had the most fun for the 10 years that I owned an HD Sportser (thing was capable of 130 mph). Been to Sturgis 3 times, and many other biker rallies. I think my favorite though was the ROT Rally in Texas.

Made a career out of serving in the U.S. Navy. Wasn't sure I would reenlist, but everyone told me to take shore duty after my first tour of being at sea, because that's where it's more like a 9-5 job. Did that, and was going to get out after shore duty, but a Senior Chief came up to me a couple of months before my EAOS, and said he'd help me get into a squadron if I reenlisted. I've always been highly interested in fighter aircraft, and when I was told I could be a part of an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), I decided another sea tour wouldn't be that bad since I would be able to get up close and personal with FA-18's. After that tour, I decided that it would be stupid to get out (had less than 9 years to retirement) and decided to go ahead and become a lifer. Subsequent tours were excellent, and I got to do things most can only dream about.

So. Because I was a biker/cyclist for most of my life, and because I was a career Navy man, that is why I call myself ABikerSailor.

What about the rest of y'all?

I have returned after a long absence. Suppose that makes me a revenant—of sorts. When you do that—return to some place after many years—you find most everything has changed. That gives me the blues.

I've seen a lot of interesting handles on here, and some make me wonder a bit how the people who use them came up with deciding to call themselves that particular thing on here.

Me? Been calling myself ABikerSailor across the 'net for many years because it pretty much reflects the two things that have been a major part of my life. In my earlier years, I rode motorcycles, then started racing bicycles, and finally settled back on motorbikes again. Been on 2 wheels for the bigger part of my life, both motorized and pedal power. Still have my Lemond Zurich (a 21 lb steel frame racing bike), and probably had the most fun for the 10 years that I owned an HD Sportser (thing was capable of 130 mph). Been to Sturgis 3 times, and many other biker rallies. I think my favorite though was the ROT Rally in Texas.

Made a career out of serving in the U.S. Navy. Wasn't sure I would reenlist, but everyone told me to take shore duty after my first tour of being at sea, because that's where it's more like a 9-5 job. Did that, and was going to get out after shore duty, but a Senior Chief came up to me a couple of months before my EAOS, and said he'd help me get into a squadron if I reenlisted. I've always been highly interested in fighter aircraft, and when I was told I could be a part of an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), I decided another sea tour wouldn't be that bad since I would be able to get up close and personal with FA-18's. After that tour, I decided that it would be stupid to get out (had less than 9 years to retirement) and decided to go ahead and become a lifer. Subsequent tours were excellent, and I got to do things most can only dream about.

So. Because I was a biker/cyclist for most of my life, and because I was a career Navy man, that is why I call myself ABikerSailor.

What about the rest of y'all?
/——-/ Way way way back in 2000, I was posting on the Yahoo Finance HAL (Haliburtian) board. I had two handles one pro Bush and one Pro Al Gore. Pro Bush was reasoned and always on point. The pro Al Gore was Cellblock2429 because I wanted to post the craziest left wing loony stuff to make democrats laugh look as bad as possible.
Other posters actually thought I was posting from a prison cell. I even made up crimes I was in jail for. Anyway, Yahoo took down all the chat boards that were political and not about the company. Years later I found USMB and decided to use Cellblock2429 just for laughs.

Last edited:
One of my call signs (assigned from above) from my military days.

Now I gotta ask....................what did you do to get that call sign?

My DIVO in 131 hat the call sign "Bags" because of the bags under his eyes.

My Dept. Head ended up with the call sign "Vegas" after a detachment to Lemoore (apparently something happened there, because for the first couple of months, his name tag read 'Hi, I'm Vegas, kick me'. Never found out the story behind it though, just knew the squadron named him Vegas).

So, knowing what I know about pilots and their call signs, I just gotta know why they called you White6.

ever see the ole Bigfoot out there?....

I've actually seen a Bigfoot once. It was walking near the irrigation ditch in the back part of my Grandfather's land. I knew the damn thing had to be at least 8 or 10 ft. tall, because the grass along the ditch was 3-4 ft high, and it only came up to it's hips.

Sometimes you see really strange things in Montana. Saw a UFO near Hamilton once as well. My Grandmother saw it as well, and she turned to me and said that while she saw what I did, we were to never speak about it again lest people think we were crazy.

The avatar is my son's cat. Her breath is poisoned gas. When my son leans back in the recliner she gets on his chest, breathes her EvilCat Breath in his face and puts him to sleep.

My dog is the same way. The dog I had before her had normally bad dog breath which went away when I removed grains from her diet, but nothing I know to do is working with my current dog. She's sweet and charming until she gets in your face with that blast from the furnace of hell.

My dog is the same way. The dog I had before her had normally bad dog breath which went away when I removed grains from her diet, but nothing I know to do is working with my current dog. She's sweet and charming until she gets in your face with that blast from the furnace of hell.

Michelle's breath just induces a deep, peaceful, sleep.

Forum List

Back