How did you come up with your USMB handle?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I've seen a lot of interesting handles on here, and some make me wonder a bit how the people who use them came up with deciding to call themselves that particular thing on here.

Me? Been calling myself ABikerSailor across the 'net for many years because it pretty much reflects the two things that have been a major part of my life. In my earlier years, I rode motorcycles, then started racing bicycles, and finally settled back on motorbikes again. Been on 2 wheels for the bigger part of my life, both motorized and pedal power. Still have my Lemond Zurich (a 21 lb steel frame racing bike), and probably had the most fun for the 10 years that I owned an HD Sportser (thing was capable of 130 mph). Been to Sturgis 3 times, and many other biker rallies. I think my favorite though was the ROT Rally in Texas.

Made a career out of serving in the U.S. Navy. Wasn't sure I would reenlist, but everyone told me to take shore duty after my first tour of being at sea, because that's where it's more like a 9-5 job. Did that, and was going to get out after shore duty, but a Senior Chief came up to me a couple of months before my EAOS, and said he'd help me get into a squadron if I reenlisted. I've always been highly interested in fighter aircraft, and when I was told I could be a part of an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), I decided another sea tour wouldn't be that bad since I would be able to get up close and personal with FA-18's. After that tour, I decided that it would be stupid to get out (had less than 9 years to retirement) and decided to go ahead and become a lifer. Subsequent tours were excellent, and I got to do things most can only dream about.

So. Because I was a biker/cyclist for most of my life, and because I was a career Navy man, that is why I call myself ABikerSailor.

What about the rest of y'all?

Im an atheist who used to love smashing Christians, until i realized how much worse muslims were after 9/11, then i stopped smashing Christians for the most part. My full screen name once was GodboyJesusfreak, but i shortened it to Godboy in 2008.

I was also in the Navy and an ejection seat mechanic for F/A-18's in VFA-125, Lemoore, Ca.

I've seen a lot of interesting handles on here, and some make me wonder a bit how the people who use them came up with deciding to call themselves that particular thing on here.

Me? Been calling myself ABikerSailor across the 'net for many years because it pretty much reflects the two things that have been a major part of my life. In my earlier years, I rode motorcycles, then started racing bicycles, and finally settled back on motorbikes again. Been on 2 wheels for the bigger part of my life, both motorized and pedal power. Still have my Lemond Zurich (a 21 lb steel frame racing bike), and probably had the most fun for the 10 years that I owned an HD Sportser (thing was capable of 130 mph). Been to Sturgis 3 times, and many other biker rallies. I think my favorite though was the ROT Rally in Texas.

Made a career out of serving in the U.S. Navy. Wasn't sure I would reenlist, but everyone told me to take shore duty after my first tour of being at sea, because that's where it's more like a 9-5 job. Did that, and was going to get out after shore duty, but a Senior Chief came up to me a couple of months before my EAOS, and said he'd help me get into a squadron if I reenlisted. I've always been highly interested in fighter aircraft, and when I was told I could be a part of an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), I decided another sea tour wouldn't be that bad since I would be able to get up close and personal with FA-18's. After that tour, I decided that it would be stupid to get out (had less than 9 years to retirement) and decided to go ahead and become a lifer. Subsequent tours were excellent, and I got to do things most can only dream about.

So. Because I was a biker/cyclist for most of my life, and because I was a career Navy man, that is why I call myself ABikerSailor.

Personal experience.

My last name is Jackson. I've been very active since I was a kid. I also had an action figure called “Action Jackson” when I was a kid. He was a figure on a motorcycle that you would connect to an air pump. The air pump would cause the motorcycle wheel to spin really fast, then you would release the motorcycle, and it would haul ass down the driveway. One of my favorite toys until I broke it.

Plus, ActionJackson has a sort of rhyme and rhythm to it.

My last name is Jackson. I've been very active since I was a kid. I also had an action figure called “Action Jackson” when I was a kid. He was a figure on a motorcycle that you would connect to an air pump. The air pump would cause the motorcycle wheel to spin really fast, then you would release the motorcycle, and it would haul ass down the driveway. One of my favorite toys until I broke it.

Plus, ActionJackson has a sort of rhyme and rhythm to it.
giphy.gif

One of my call signs (assigned from above) from my military days.

I was here before. I left for a while. I returned. Different username. Then I again left for a while. I returned again, this time choosing BackAgain as a nod of my head to coming and going etc.

A prior username was “Liability” which was a shortened version of “Darth Liability.” The Darths were a group of conservative members in an old Board who had a special members only forum. It pissed off the libs. I had been told by some lib that I was the Darth “Liability.”

I turned that intended insult into my username at that time. I carried the name over to this Board on one of my stints here.

Sometimes I contemplate reclaiming my “Liability” moniker. 😎

How did you come up with your USMB handle?

I didn't have much say in it, actually.

When I was born, my parents named me “Robert”, for which “Bob” is a common shortened form, by which everyone knows me.

“Blaylock”, of course, is my family name, passed down to me from my father, who got it from his father before him, and so on, going back for many generations. Some of my distant ancestors used different forms of that name. My great⁹-grandfather Thomas Blalock, who came to North America (long before we had a country, here) from England some time in the 1600s, spelled it without the ‘Y’ in the middle, though some earlier ancestors spelled it, as I do, with the ‘Y’.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back