How correct was Trump's predictions on COVID?

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Below are statements from Trump concerning COVID over the past year. That is not leadership. Trump is incapable of speaking the truth.

March 6: “It’ll go away.”
March 10: “Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 12: “It’s going to go away.”
March 30: “It will go away. You know it — you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we’re going to have a great victory.”
March 31: “It’s going to go away, hopefully at the end of the month. And, if not, hopefully it will be soon after that.”
April 3: “It is going to go away… It’s going — I didn’t say a date. … I said ‘it’s going away,’ and it is going away.”
April 7: “It did go — it will go away.”
May 15: “It’ll go away — at some point, it’ll go away.”
June 15: “At some point, this stuff goes away. And it's going away.”
July 19: “I will be right eventually. You know, I said, ‘It's going to disappear.’ I'll say it again.”
Aug. 5: “This thing's going away. It will go away like things go away.”
Aug. 31: “It's going to go away.”
Sept. 15: “It is going away. And it's probably going to go away now a lot faster because of the vaccines.”
Oct. 10: “It's going to disappear; it is disappearing.”
Oct. 24: “It is going away; it’s rounding the turn.”

The Worst Predictions of 2020

Below are statements from Trump concerning COVID over the past year. That is not leadership. Trump is incapable of speaking the truth.

March 30: “It will go away. You know it — you know it is going away, and it will go away, and we’re going to have a great victory.”
March 31: “It’s going to go away, hopefully at the end of the month. And, if not, hopefully it will be soon after that.”
April 3: “It is going to go away… It’s going — I didn’t say a date. … I said ‘it’s going away,’ and it is going away.”
July 19: “I will be right eventually. You know, I said, ‘It's going to disappear.’ I'll say it again.”
Sept. 15: “It is going away. And it's probably going to go away now a lot faster because of the vaccines.”

Only Trumpsters believe what he says. Unfortunately, that's more than enough to spread this crap and kill people.

More TDS Viral victim ranting here.

Trump will leave in 3 weeks, let him go, enjoy the holiday instead.

Cheers

More TDS Viral victim ranting here.

Trump will leave in 3 weeks, let him go, enjoy the holiday instead.

Cheers
I enjoy sticking it to the Trump supporters after they stuck it to anti-Trumpers over the past 4 years. I hope some Trumpsters may realize how wrong they were.

Thank you President Trump for not instilling fear into the hearts of the American people. The MSM, China propaganda, and Dems carried that torch for you perfectly fine.
And thank you ElmerMudd for reminding us about the traits of a true leader.
We should all be thankful Joe wasnt in charge, whew that could have been really bad.

Trump hasn't been correct on anything concerning the virus since it started. All he's been doing is trying to placate the people by saying it will eventually go away. Sorry, but it hasn't, and the only way out of this pandemic situation is to get everyone a vaccine.

Trump pays lip service that he hopes people will swallow whole, while not doing anything about the situation. Incidentally, his "warp speed" program has been a miserable failure as well. I have a friend who works in the medical field who was supposed to get a vaccination last Wednesday, but she's been told that she has to wait a bit longer, because the vaccine hasn't been able to make it to Amarillo in sufficient quantities for her to receive one. She is over 60, working as a respiratory nurse, and is very much on the front line.

It is pathetic to witness his supporters mindlessly follow him, believing everything he says. His supporters have been duped (and brainwashed) by a NYC conman who makes up whatever is necessary - free of facts and truth.

“They say I have the most loyal people — did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” he said. “It’s like incredible.”

From trump's own mouth; he knew this virus was easily transmittable and deadly. He bets on his braindead cultists to believe any and everything he throws out there. His divisive rhetoric was a strategy to isolate his followers from anything remotely truthful, thus taking his word on everything. He has to control the narrative and refuses to be challenged by anyone who speaks differently and/or unflattering - just like his supporters on USMB, incapable of realizing that trump doesn't give a shit about them.

Thank you President Trump for not instilling fear into the hearts of the American people. The MSM, China propaganda, and Dems carried that torch for you perfectly fine.
We should all be thankful Joe wasnt in charge, whew that could have been really bad.
You are so braindead that you can't see things ARE bad. lol

Youre right, things are bad.
The Dems just stole an election.
I completely forgot until you reminded me, thanks.

Glad I can do my part in enlightening you. [smile]

9r%2BK10.jpg

Many felt it would run it's course, this is one sick and contagious virus that only an evil scientist could create.
Scientists told Trump what needed to be done to mitigate the virus. Trump ignored them. He did not want to do anything that would hurt the economy. In the long run not doing enough made the economy worse and the pandemic worse.
Trump really screwed up and should be held accountable, forever.

Well Im certainly not thrilled about our current situation with the virus.
I know the OP was poking fun and I get that.
I dont believe Biden would have stood a chinaman's chance (pun intended) in leading the way to a productive response compared to what Trump accomplished. If Joe would have been in charge he would NOT have shut down travel early, and then after it was too late, we would still be in complete lock down and killing each other by now, on top of what the virus has done, just like China anticipated.

I like these the best. January 22nd. The day Trump's presidency began its long, downward spiral.

“It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine,” Trump told CNBC’s Joe Kernen from the World Economic Forum in Davos.
The president said he trusts the information coming out of China on the coronavirus, which has killed nine people there and sickened hundreds more.

Well Im certainly not thrilled about our current situation with the virus.
I know the OP was poking fun and I get that.
I dont believe Biden would have stood a chinaman's chance (pun intended) in leading the way to a productive response compared to what Trump accomplished. If Joe would have been in charge he would NOT have shut down travel early, and then after it was too late, we would still be in complete lock down and killing each other by now, on top of what the virus has done, just like China anticipated.
Joe did more today than Trump has done in 2 months

Forum List

Back