How California Democrats may “lose” a Senate seat

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
The mental capacity of California Senator Dianne Feinstein has clearly been deteriorating but her defenders insist her seniority is vital to advancing the interests of the state.

Even if Democrats win a clear majority in the Senate this Fall, they may face an unpleasant scenario. Feinstein may stubbornly refuse to resign and, as her dementia progresses, may lose her ability to formally resign or cast a vote, thus depriving Democrats of her vote.

The U.S. Constitution gives the Senate the power to expel a member, provided that a two-thirds majority approves the resolution, but Republicans are unlikely to approve the expulsion if Feinstein’s incapacity assures them a practical majority in the Senate.

The mental capacity of California Senator Dianne Feinstein has clearly been deteriorating but her defenders insist her seniority is vital to advancing the interests of the state.

Even if Democrats win a clear majority in the Senate this Fall, they may face an unpleasant scenario. Feinstein may stubbornly refuse to resign and, as her dementia progresses, may lose her ability to formally resign or cast a vote, thus depriving Democrats of her vote.

The U.S. Constitution gives the Senate the power to expel a member, provided that a two-thirds majority approves the resolution, but Republicans are unlikely to approve the expulsion if Feinstein’s incapacity assures them a practical majority in the Senate.
I'm not following what you are saying. Can you post again in English?

Interesting! I doubt that she'll lose her ability to vote, with help, however. Not without having to go into a hospital, and then the Dem governor can replace her with another Dem senator. I bet they are panting for the chance in Sacramento, lining up to substitute. I would think that's a more likely occurrance than her getting functionally unable to vote.

She is in pretty bad shape... Her dementia is worse than Joe's.... she won't run again and dems cheat in elections in CA... they have made it an artform.... Ballot harvesting and drop boxes and print shops printing ballots 24-7..... CA has been run by a minority for years....
You can't even vote in public on election day anymore there...
Everything is by mail..... and its a recipe for cheating....
If CA had fair and honest elections Newsom would have been removed from office with the recall vote.....

Interesting! I doubt that she'll lose her ability to vote, with help, however. Not without having to go into a hospital, and then the Dem governor can replace her with another Dem senator. I bet they are panting for the chance in Sacramento, lining up to substitute. I would think that's a more likely occurrance than her getting functionally unable to vote.
I don't believe her going to the hospital actually vacates the office. She has to either resign, die, or be expelled.

She should've been forced to resign years ago for employing a Chinese spy as her driver for decades.
Of course, like with Swalwell, Dems have proven they can hire or bang enemy foreign agents without the slightest repercussions because MSM Pravda covers for them.
Most of the sheeple remain ignorant & gaslighted.

She should've been forced to resign years ago for employing a Chinese spy as her driver for decades.
Of course, like with Swalwell, Dems have proven they can hire or bang enemy foreign agents without the slightest repercussions because MSM Pravda covers for them.
Most of the sheeple remain ignorant & gaslighted.

That calls for a promotion for democrats. No penalties for selling out to foreign countries. That's what democrats do.

Strom Thurmond was 99 and they were wheeling him down the aisle to make sure he cast his votes.

If it is like the house, expelling them doesn't vacate their seat. They still get paid to not show up unless they resign.

Can't the CA governor appoint a Senator to finish out Feinstein's term if her heath prevents her from doing it?

If CA had fair and honest elections Newsom would have been removed from office with the recall vote.....

The polling leading up to the recall vote showed it running pretty close, and we all know that polls ten to lean a bit leftward.

Yet the recall failed, thirty-something to sixty-something percent.

There is absolutely no way that the voters rejected the recall that soundly. There is no way that the vote came out that way without there being some significant cheating involved. If it was forty-nine percent to fifty-one percent, I might have believed it was legitimate, but there is just no way that the thirty-something to sixty-something percent is legitimate. There was some serious cheating going on, somewhere in the process, to produce that outcome.

I should have taken some notes, but in a recent election analysis on TV, one Democratic talking head said the Democrats need to pad their Senate majority with an extra seat to better deal with Senators Manchin, Sinema and the elderly Feinstein. So apparently, at least one pundit has concerns about Feinstein's future ability to vote.

Forum List

Back