How About We Elect Our Presidents By Popular Vote?

Depends if you believe that the vote of a toothless retarded uneducated moron from the countryside should count more than the vote of a somewhat educated person in a city.

If you believe yes, toothless retarded uneducated morons are not equal before the law, but better than other people, then leave the system as it is.
Lord have mercy...education does not equal intelligence. When the FBI came out with the first real IQ test---it was an 8th grade drop out from Kentucky or some other hillbilly destination that scored the highest. Plenty of New Yorkers living here---they are loud and obnoxious but so much dumber. Intelligent people self educate-----

I admitted to making that error very early on. If I could edit the OP, I would.

It's not about that

This is a very passe topic that's covered all the time, in vastly greater detail

Many people want us to move to a parliamentary system. And things like the electoral college and our two party system come up. Dreaming about a partyless system is absurd.

The only thing the electoral college does is confirm the election of the president so if you’re going to “bypass” it for the Presidential election you’ve eliminated the whole point of its existence. Why not eliminate it?

Because it is damn near impossible to pass a new Constitutional Amendment. When the country was founded most of the people lived on rural farms. Now most of the people live in the cities but the rural areas still have the power over the cities.

Dunno about you, but I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,.. :p

Only if the Republican Party continues their rightward push on policy and attacks on democracy. You can’t have it both ways. Appeal to an ever shrinking minority base and still expect to win through ever more draconian methods to circumvent democracy.
youre kidding right??

the repubes today are where the dems were 15 yrs ago,,

both parties are moving left and the dems are just further down the road,,

youre kidding right??

the repubes today are where the dems were 15 yrs ago,,

both parties are moving left and the dems are just further down the road,,
Not even close. Reagan won 49 states. The modern Repubs cater to the fringiest elements. The anti intellectuals and insurrectionists. As a result they are attacking the very voting systems in an effort to retain power. They’re circling the toilet. They’ve got work to do.

Forum List

Back