Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

Is it any mystery why morons raising morons don't respect education? My kids both go to public school. My oldest graduates this year and has been accepted to one of the country's elite business schools. He will start college as a sophomore. He has tested or will test out of the first semester or entire first level of every physical science, French, and english composition. He will be tutoring the home-schooled nosepickers on campus for spending money.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
A degree from Trump U. does not qualify you to attempt to educate kids. You would have to assume, giving their stupidity in supporting Scumpty, that over 95% of the Trump Cult parents are far, far from qualified to try and educate anybody, must less their children! Bigly!!!

Your TDS is at critical stage

I know the truth hurts, but if you're incapable of discerning truth from lies, there's really no hope for you. Imagine YOU imparting your ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills, imp
Laughter isn't a response Marvin. You use a "questionable source" for your link, and you have no answer to my questions. If everyone is moving to home schooling, then why is everyone demanding schools be re-opened?

• Overall, we rate Just the News Borderline Questionable and Right Biased based on story selection that mostly favors a conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks over a short period of time.

Dunces like ole Marvin here rarely have any sensible response but to click on the laughter icon.

Shows you how weak and idiotic their rhetoric really is.
No, it's a reaction to how ridiculous you guys are.

LOL

Still no response to the question, if everyone wants to home school, why are parents throughout the country howling about getting schools reopened? I've watched parents try to home school their kids, and elearning is even worse.

You people are claiming that teenagers are committing suicide, and that public schoolers are "falling behind", although if schools all over the world are closed, who exactly are the kids falling behind?

Your message is all over the map. One minute the schools must open because the children's lives are being destroyed keeping them closed, and now you say public schools aren't necessary because parents are all wanting to homeschool. If one thing is true, then the other can't possible be true. You truly cannot suck and blow at the same time, although you conservatives keep trying.
Is it any mystery why morons raising morons don't respect education? My kids both go to public school. My oldest graduates this year and has been accepted to one of the country's elite business schools. He will start college as a sophomore. He has tested out of the first semester or entire first level of every physical science, French, and english composition. He will be tutoring the home-schooled nosepickers on campus for spending money.

Yeah sure

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
Great, now americans will be even dumber. You get out of schools what you put in.

Seems to me that if that were true, it could only benefit Democrats, since they require an ignorant voting base.
Yet all the data shows you cultists are far dumber and less educated. Thank you for the demonstration of the Dunning Kreuger Effect.
I don't think you're using the word "data" correctly..... it's not a synonym for "bullshit".

Great, now americans will be even dumber. You get out of schools what you put in.

Seems to me that if that were true, it could only benefit Democrats, since they require an ignorant voting base.
Yet all the data shows you cultists are far dumber and less educated. Thank you for the demonstration of the Dunning Kreuger Effect.
I don't think you're using the word "data" correctly..... it's not a synonym for "bullshit".
That is what a delusional, magical thinker would say. How embarrassing for you.

The educated voted for the Democrats. The higher your level of education, the less likely you are to vote for Donald Trump. That's why Conservatives have been dumbing down the curriculum since Reagan was in office. A lack of critical thinking skills is necessary to ensure you don't understand basic economic principles.

I've bolded the critical parts of this Report:

Ironically, despite the United States having the second-best education system globally, it consistently scores lower than many other countries in benchmarks such as math and science. According to the Business Insider report in 2018, its education ranking was 38th in math scores and 24th in science. The United States' education rankings have been falling by international standards over the past three decades, as the government has decreased education funding by 3%. Still, other countries have increased their education funding.

Education Rankings by Country 2021

Just like in health care, Americans spend more on education that any other first world nation, and consistently get less and less for their education $$$$. Furthermore, American parents spend more money out of their own pockets, over and above government funding of public education, that any other nation on earth, and yet your scores keep going down, down, down.

Before you drop any of your piss poor performance at the feet of the teachers, and their unions, I would like to forcefully remind you that every other first world country has a taxpayer funded education system, and teacher unions, and we're all doing it better and cheaper than you.

Just like in health care, Americans are spending far more than the rest of the first world, and getting a vastly inferior product. And you media continues to blow smoke up your ass and tell you that your system is the BEST in the world.

Homeschooling has always been an option. If more are using it, so be it. Why are you whining?

Traditional schooling methods are long out of date, heck MY daughter is doing much better when I moved her to a school that uses the running class blocks of 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours long and have just 2-3 classes at a time and stay in the same room all day.

This is a prime example of the stupid running rampant in those who bash education. This has been done in some schools for years!

No it hasn't been in my region. It is a recent addition that is so popular the High School is overflowing, forced to allow lab room visits only for students needing to catch up, otherwise stay at home using the Online way.

Try not to be too sure of yourself next time, you don't know everything....., you are WRONG on this one, be more humble and stop being in attack mode all the time.

Aren't you the clever Boi! You made a funny. But it's a total lie.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.

One can tell from his spelling and grammar

What are the qualifications for a Home Skool Teecher?

It depends on the state, just like public schools. In your backwards, redneck of the woods, I wouldn't know. In the world where we eat with utensils and don't fuck our sisters, homeschooling parents are held to high standards. Clearly, you need some more education on it, Cletus. In the meantime, go fuck your redneck self.
What degrees are they expected to hold to Homeskool?
Depends. When my wife and did it, one of the parents was required to hold a college degree of some kind. Didn't matter though, because the curriculum we used was more remote learning, with teachers for every subject available online. The internet HAS been around for a while, you know. It's not 1955 any more.

With my daughter and my older son, we used a curriculum designed for the children of missionaries to foreign countries. ....

So, you taught them to go door to door bothering people?

Yeah, I'll get right on any "data" you might have, because I'm sure your talking points memo is totally reliable.

Thank YOU for the demonstration of conceit for an intelligence you only imagine you have.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.

It depends on the state, just like public schools. In your backwards, redneck of the woods, I wouldn't know. In the world where we eat with utensils and don't fuck our sisters, homeschooling parents are held to high standards. Clearly, you need some more education on it, Cletus. In the meantime, go fuck your redneck self.
Depends. When my wife and did it, one of the parents was required to hold a college degree of some kind. Didn't matter though, because the curriculum we used was more remote learning, with teachers for every subject available online. The internet HAS been around for a while, you know. It's not 1955 any more.

With my daughter and my older son, we used a curriculum designed for the children of missionaries to foreign countries. ....

No, that would be missionaries in THIS country. And I didn't say I was using a curriculum to BE missionaries.

Yeah, I'll get right on any "data" you might have,
No you won't. You will reject any new information that does not align perfectly with your cultism. That's what cultism is, after all.

But it is very telling that you think people are "conceited" by virtue of knowing facts. It says a LOT about you.

The educated voted for the Democrats. The higher your level of education, the less likely you are to vote for Donald Trump. That's why Conservatives have been dumbing down the curriculum since Reagan was in office. A lack of critical thinking skills is necessary to ensure you don't understand basic economic principles.

I've bolded the critical parts of this Report:

Ironically, despite the United States having the second-best education system globally, it consistently scores lower than many other countries in benchmarks such as math and science. According to the Business Insider report in 2018, its education ranking was 38th in math scores and 24th in science. The United States' education rankings have been falling by international standards over the past three decades, as the government has decreased education funding by 3%. Still, other countries have increased their education funding.

Education Rankings by Country 2021

Just like in health care, Americans spend more on education that any other first world nation, and consistently get less and less for their education $$$$. Furthermore, American parents spend more money out of their own pockets, over and above government funding of public education, that any other nation on earth, and yet your scores keep going down, down, down.

Before you drop any of your piss poor performance at the feet of the teachers, and their unions, I would like to forcefully remind you that every other first world country has a taxpayer funded education system, and teacher unions, and we're all doing it better and cheaper than you.

Just like in health care, Americans are spending far more than the rest of the first world, and getting a vastly inferior product. And you media continues to blow smoke up your ass and tell you that your system is the BEST in the world.

Ok, mouthy foreign broad is officially not worth reading.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!
I taught my two youngest how to read and write, do math, etc before they even started school. They were easy to teach and I was able to teach far better and quicker than the public schools ever did. Of course, at least where my daughter was concerned....my teaching her only meant that the teachers would then assign her to "teach" their problem children for them while they went about brainwashing the class Why the hell was I forced to pay school tax for these idiot teachers along with special school fees assigned to people who pay taxes and generally have the far better behaved students to boot?

Public schools are a huge waste of money----homeschooling has always been better at teaching kids than our current public school system which costs billions.

Encourage homeschooling---get rid a lot of dead weight teachers.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!
Like it takes a fucking genius to teach a kid how to read write and do basic math
What do you do if your child just doesn’t understand the teaching methods you are trying to use?

Once again for the resident lazy ass FUCKTARD!

Post 21

Washington Homeschool Law At a Glance

• Options for Homeschooling: Two
  • School Required for Ages: 8–17
  • Notification Required: Yes
  • Teacher Qualifications: Yes
  • State Mandated Subjects: Yes
  • Assessment requirements: Yes
  • Immunization requirements: No

Option 1: Homeschooling under the homeschool statute
1. Meet the teacher qualifications.
You must be qualified to operate a homeschool program by either:
  1. instructing only your child and being supervised by a certificated person (i.e., the certificated person and the parent together plan the educational objectives; the certificated person has a minimum average of one contact hour per week with the child; and the certificated person evaluates the child’s progress); or
  2. instructing only your child and having either 45 college quarter credits or the equivalent in semester credits (approximately 30 semester credits, since one quarter credit equals two-thirds of a semester credit); or
  3. instructing only your child and having completed a course in home-based education at a postsecondary institution or a vocational-technical institute (these courses generally do not require an extensive time commitment); or
  4. instructing only your child and being “deemed sufficiently qualified to provide home-based instruction by the superintendent of the local school district.”
======

I showed you the law for my state, that the teaching methods are still based on what the state requires and that the parent/teacher MUST pass a competency requirement, using only school district approved textbooks and class lesson plans.

Here are a few examples that Homeschooling does work.

======

Homeschool Vs Public School: Statistics and Test Scores

Do Homeschool Kids Really Rate Better on Standardized Tests?

HOME-SCHOOLING: Outstanding results on national tests

What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?

Last edited:

Hilarious..a rube with a signature line like yours starts a rant about the failures of public education. You can’t make that asininity up.

Last edited:
Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

No, that would be missionaries in THIS country. And I didn't say I was using a curriculum to BE missionaries.
Missionaries do that everywhere.

I hope you didn't include the unit on "positions." :eek:

When aging elementary HomeSchoolers reach middle school age those parents send them to public middle school to do their math.

Seen it for years.

There are LOTS of resources for math (and all other subjects) homeschoolers use outside of sending their kids to the union-owned public facilities. My homeschooled kids went to Kumon for math when they reached more advanced levels.
Why "when they reached more advanced levels"? Most parents send their kids there when they are quite young.

Because we were able to teach them math through middle school. Once they reached high school, they were ready for pre-calculus and that required outside resources.
Why?

Why are you having so much trouble with this? Look at it this way; you have enough knowledge about dentistry to brush and floss your own teeth, right? But you go to a professional when you need a filling, yes? Because they have more knowledge than you on that subject. Got it?

Is it any mystery why morons raising morons don't respect education? My kids both go to public school. My oldest graduates this year and has been accepted to one of the country's elite business schools. He will start college as a sophomore. He has tested or will test out of the first semester or entire first level of every physical science, French, and english composition. He will be tutoring the home-schooled nosepickers on campus for spending money.
To what do you attribute your kid's educational success to, biology, environment, public school, self-study, what?

Congratulations BTW, that's a blessing.

Forum List

Back