Holocaust denier given suspended sentence

There hasn't been a serious threat of Nazism re-emerging in the USA. Hence the USA has not Holocaust Denial legislation. However, in places where they do, you have no legal right to proselytize Holocaust Denial.

Here in the US—unlike the savage tyrannies in Europe—we recognize and uphold the essential human rights of freedom of thought and freedom of expression.

We're also wise enough to realize that even if there were a credible threat of a Nazi-like tyranny rising in our nation, acting like Nazis would not be the way to opposr it.

By opposing these essential freedoms, the foolish nations of Europe are falling right into the sort of tyrannies that they purport to be trying to avoid.

Here in the US—unlike the savage tyrannies in Europe—we recognize and uphold the essential human rights of freedom of thought and freedom of expression.

Um... yeah.

Except for when we had slavery
And Jim Crow
And genocided the Native Americans
And committed a war of colonization in the Philippines
And interned Japanese Americans

But other than that, we are much better than those Savage Europeans... except for all the times we weren't.

We're also wise enough to realize that even if there were a credible threat of a Nazi-like tyranny rising in our nation, acting like Nazis would not be the way to opposr it.

here's the thing, guy.

If people as smart as Germans fell for something like Nazism, people as stupid as Americans don't stand a chance. The reality is, no matter how bad things get, never underestimate the desire for humans to crave the illusion of normalcy.

If I told you two years ago that we'd be looking at concentration camps and calling the press the enemy of the people, you'd have all looked at me funny. But that's where we are at now.

By opposing these essential freedoms, the foolish nations of Europe are falling right into the sort of tyrannies that they purport to be trying to avoid.

Oh, nonsense. Frankly, you could take all the NeoNazis away and frankly, nobody would miss them. Not even their families.

Um... yeah.

Except for when we had slavery
And Jim Crow
And genocided the Native Americans
And committed a war of colonization in the Philippines
And interned Japanese Americans

But other than that, we are much better than those Savage Europeans... except for all the times we weren't.

here's the thing, guy.

If people as smart as Germans fell for something like Nazism, people as stupid as Americans don't stand a chance. The reality is, no matter how bad things get, never underestimate the desire for humans to crave the illusion of normalcy.

If I told you two years ago that we'd be looking at concentration camps and calling the press the enemy of the people, you'd have all looked at me funny. But that's where we are at now.

Oh, nonsense. Frankly, you could take all the NeoNazis away and frankly, nobody would miss them. Not even their families.
Show us those concentration camps. Thanks...

Nothing to jail someone over. There are plenty of anti Christian people, some on this forum, should they be jailed?

Um, no, since we didn't advocate killing Christians like the holocaust deniers do.

"Waaaaa... that mean old Atheist made me think for myself by pointing out the logical fallacies in my bronze age superstitions!!!"

Um... yeah, poor baby.

You're inconsequential

Can you imagine if the US Government passed a law that it would be illegal to question the findings of the Warren Report? Same as questioning the holocaust.
Any country that passes laws prohibiting free thought is not a country that is one would call free.

Whatever, guy... my dad saw what he saw... the Nazis really did try to exterminate the Jews....
now, I'm sorry that this has been used for a rationalization for Zionism, but pretending it didn't happen isn't helpful at all.
Again, I agree that many Jews and others did suffer and lost their lives while detained at the camps. And yes, what your father saw while liberating the camp was horrendous.

I just question certain details of the 'official' government narrative. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Holocaust denier who wrote antisemitic songs calling gas chambers 'a proven hoax' spared jail

I think some time behind bars might have done the nazi slag some good.
Why is questioning a historical event considered illegal? OH nvm.....

upload_2018-6-30_17-59-42.jpeg

Thank god I live in the USA where we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

You can hold whatever shit opinions that you like. how can anyone stop that ?
But the demonisation of a group of people leads to the gas chambers. Its not on.

The suppression of basic human rights, such as freedoms of thought and expression, is what leads to extreme forms of tyranny, up; to and including the Nazi gas chambers. It is beyond absurd that you would claim to be opposing such evil, while actively promoting the very evils that will lead to it.

Don't live in the UK, folks, if you don't like the laws.

Those who deny or de-legitimize the Holocaust are malignant, mentally feeble, or woefully ignorant.

They are no worse than those who would deny such basic human rights as freedom of thought and freedom of expression.

The Holocaust happened a long time ago, before the vast majority of us were even born. The suppression of these vital human rights is happening now.

Is there any other event in history that you can be prosecuted for denying?
What's happening here?

Every denying of every genocide is a crime, because it hurts the descendants of the survivor of a genocide. A short time ago a young German student for example was murdered from a foreigner here in Germany. The family was confronted with statements like their murdered daughter was a "Judensau" (Jewish sow) and it is good that she is dead now. That's for example one of the problems in such a context.

Last edited:
You can hold whatever shit opinions that you like. how can anyone stop that ?
But the demonisation of a group of people leads to the gas chambers. Its not on.

The suppression of basic human rights, such as freedoms of thought and expression, is what leads to extreme forms of tyranny, up; to and including the Nazi gas chambers. It is beyond absurd that you would claim to be opposing such evil, while actively promoting the very evils that will lead to it.
The US is hardly a shining example of human rights. I believe it is the only country in the world to fight a war to preserve slavery. Spare me your bullshit.

The US is hardly a shining example of human rights. I believe it is the only country in the world to fight a war to preserve slavery. Spare me your bullshit.

Of it were relevant to make excuses about what wars a country fought in the distant past, then I would point out the Opium wars. How often has it happened in history, that one nation fought a war specifically for the purpose of exporting dangerous, illegal drugs into another country, ultimately destroying a once-great society from within, turning its population into a bunch of drug addicts?

But both that, and my own country's Civil War, where in the very distant past. Even Naziism was in the distant past.

What your country is doing to basic human rights involving freedoms of thought and expression is happening now. None of the evils of the past excuse the evils in which your country is now openly engaging.

Of it were relevant to make excuses about what wars a country fought in the distant past, then I would point out the Opium wars. How often has it happened in history, that one nation fought a war specifically for the purpose of exporting dangerous, illegal drugs into another country, ultimately destroying a once-great society from within, turning its population into a bunch of drug addicts?

But both that, and my own country's Civil War, where in the very distant past. Even Naziism was in the distant past.

What your country is doing to basic human rights involving freedoms of thought and expression is happening now. None of the evils of the past excuse the evils in which your country is now openly engaging.
Yes the US has always been a bastion of human rights. You guys are so lucky.

images

When Americans live up to the principles of the Constitution, our country is very noble.

When we don't, America is not much different than other countries.

The Alt Right, wherever it exists, hates the principles of the Constitution.

I think the hubby little poof has hit upon the plan that will save Britain. Jail all the antisemites!

Of course, the influx of 3.5 million muslims into British penal institutions might be difficult at first, one cannot deny that it would solve a lot of problems.

Forum List

Back